OT: Movies, Music, & TV Thread

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
I still highly recommend this.

I haven't gotten to the new one yet but it seems like it isn't going anywhere. They keep over explaining what people are feeling when the scene should breathe and let the actors face do the talking, plus they keep throwing in computer jargon that is totally pointless.

Brand New Stars

Well they can't just not have them talk like people that work for a company like that would.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Well they can't just not have them talk like people that work for a company like that would.

About once an episode they have one character explain something to another solely for the benefit of the audience, except that I don't particularly care to have a history lesson and it stops the episode dead in its tracks. A writer should be able to convey there is a problem that needs to be solved without defining BIOS to me or whatever that response time threshold was called and consequently halting the momentum of the story to do so.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I still highly recommend this.

I've been keeping up with it. I have a soft spot for the veneer of the 80s. It's starting to pick up steam, too.

You can certainly tell they are trying to fill the shoes left behind by Mad Men at AMC. That's a tall order. But they are crafting a more than capable period drama focused on character development.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Just wanted to let all of you know that Nathan For You is the funniest show on television, by at least a mile. I watched my first episode tonight (Dumb Starbucks) and I'm hooked

MetalGodAOD*

I've really enjoyed the Meltdown and Half Hour. CC doing a good job getting stand up comedy back into their programming.

StoneColdGMJN

Jul 16, 2013
Marquette
Just wanted to let all of you know that Nathan For You is the funniest show on television, by at least a mile. I watched my first episode tonight (Dumb Starbucks) and I'm hooked
Dont take that episode as the norm. That was the only episode I haven't hated, and I've seen almost all of them.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
As someone who likes sci-fi but has no idea what Guardians of the Galaxy is about: a) should I see it? b) will I enjoy the movie walking in completely ignorant or should I read a primer of some kind so I at least kinda get the homage and in jokes I'm sure will be included?

Ampersand

As someone who likes sci-fi but has no idea what Guardians of the Galaxy is about: a) should I see it? b) will I enjoy the movie walking in completely ignorant or should I read a primer of some kind so I at least kinda get the homage and in jokes I'm sure will be included?

If you enjoy Star Wars, you will enjoy Guardians.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012

You'll be able to tell the in jokes by the way the movie grinds to a halt to squeeze them in :laugh:

I come from a similar position knowledge-wise, but I'm not worried because Marvel wouldn't make a movie of this scale that couldn't reach an audience. Guardians isn't a big property for Marvel either, and the movie team is under 10 years old IIRC, so there isn't a ton of history to be ignorant of.

Rune Forumwalker

May 11, 2006
I've really enjoyed the Meltdown and Half Hour. CC doing a good job getting stand up comedy back into their programming.

Haven't watched Meltdown, but I have been watching @Midnight since its premiere. It's great, and anybody who hasn't seen it should watch it.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

Just saw it tonight, so freaking funny. :biglaugh:

a) Yes.
b) Yes, and not necessary.

TrillMike

Feb 21, 2012
Dallas, TX
Anyone see that fake Ninja Turtles video on Youtube about the turtle's twigs and berries? It's pretty funny. I'm not going to post it, but if you want a laugh, check it out.

Brand New Stars

I forget about this thread

Interstellar- 10/10
Nightcrawler- 9/10
Horrible Bosses 2- 8/10
Foxcatcher- 4/10 (soooo boring, fantastic acting)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->