OT: Movies, Music, & TV Thread

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
The chicks are all pretty busted though, with the exception of a couple.

I'm eagerly awaiting the final season of Sons of Anarchy. After watching these chicks who act all strong I'm ready to see some testosterone filled rampaging killers who back up their **** talking.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
RIP Star Wars.

That franchise was toast before Disney even took over.

60645-jar_jar_binks_poster_card_c10227315_large.jpeg

You're a vile man, George Lucas.....

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
OitNB: I actually liked the first few episodes of season 1 better than the rest of the season. Got stale to me after that. Maybe the boobage factor kept me excited at first. I liked season two more overall.

MetalGodAOD*

Season 2 was good until the ending, which just seemed over the top.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Season 2 was good until the ending, which just seemed over the top.

That's basically the rule of any show by Jenji Kohan. It starts slow and seems plausible at first. But if you followed Weeds, you know things only keep getting more and more unbelievable with each passing season.

Weeds lady went from selling pot at a soccer game to marrying a Mexican drug kingpin in a matter of years. By my estimations, Piper is going to be running the biggest prison gang in the federal pen within 3 seasons.

Brand New Stars

That's basically the rule of any show by Jenji Kohan. It starts slow and seems plausible at first. But if you followed Weeds, you know things only keep getting more and more unbelievable with each passing season.

Weeds lady went from selling pot at a soccer game to marrying a Mexican drug kingpin in a matter of years. By my estimations, Piper is going to be running the biggest prison gang in the federal pen within 3 seasons.

I loved Weeds but yes, things got insane when she married that guy. Hopefully OITNB doesn't get that crazy because I think it's fantastic through the first two seasons.

Ambassador Of Fun

Jun 23, 2010
If you like 60 Minutes or good documentaries in general, VICE on HBO is a must watch... It's like 60 Minutes on crack.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
If you like 60 Minutes or good documentaries in general, VICE on HBO is a must watch... It's like 60 Minutes on crack.

Most of those are pretty good. Beware of their un-HBO filtered youtube content. Some of them are just bad. Luckily, because HBO doesn't want to put **** documentaries on TV they filter out most of the poorly made ones.

Ambassador Of Fun

Jun 23, 2010
Most of those are pretty good. Beware of their un-HBO filtered youtube content. Some of them are just bad. Luckily, because HBO doesn't want to put **** documentaries on TV they filter out most of the poorly made ones.

I've only seen their HBO ones and the one they made on North Korea prior to the Rodman trip and Last Chance High, both of which were excellent.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
I've only seen their HBO ones and the one they made on North Korea prior to the Rodman trip and Last Chance High, both of which were excellent.

I haven't seen Last Chance High, but the Rodman North Korea one was good. Over the years they've done a few about North Korea, most of which are pretty good.

They are usually split into two parts with one theme, one of the better ones I've seen was partly about the border tension between India and Pakistan. Interesting stuff.

btw, I'm not sure if you know but they have most of the HBO episodes on youtube so anyone can watch them.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I like VICE.

Their actual articles are almost all complete garbage, though. Dunno why they even have writers. Should stick to documentaries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad