OT: Movies are basically flipbooks for adults (The Newly Annual Non-Pens Media Thraed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Thoughts on the Sonic trailer?
Jim Carrey!
D5VuypyW4AEEKJf.jpg

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Why too fast for you? I remember when he first came out on the Genesis, folks were freaking out how quick that game was.

If you played it back then you were hooked on the blue hog.

My cousins had it. It was okay, and I think the 2nd and 3rd ones were better. Kid Chameleon was where it was at, though.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Rogue One is really growing on me and Felicity Jones (that museau girl is so hawt!) deserves more love. Her 6" action figure is stacking up in Dollorama at 4CAN$ and they're not selling but if they go down even more i'm making an army of her... to use as Beer game targets for my Nerf gun.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Anyone watching any Star Wars stuff today? And what are your rankings of all the movies?

Mine, from favorite to least favorite:

A New Hope
Empire Strikes Back
Rogue One
The Force Awakens
Return of the Jedi (probably this low because of the "special edition")
Solo
Revenge of the Sith
The Last Jedi
Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones (probably interchangeable with PM)

The CGI Clone Wars is probably behind Empire for me. And then Rebels is behind The Force Awakens.

I just put on TFA.

Last edited:

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I love ranking things

In order:

The good

Empire
A New Hope
Return
Clone Wars
Revenge

The okay

R1
TPM
TFA
Solo

The awful

Attack
TLJ

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Anyone else completely sapped of all excitement for the next game of thrones episode tomorrow?

This season has been an utter disappointment. Nineteen months roughly we have waited for this gahbage.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Hey, @ColePens

I remember you saying you were a Game of Thrones fan before this season premiered. I don't think I read a single post from you regarding this season.
I read all our boards fans of the shows take on their feelings how season eight is turning out --- and the huge U-turn the series did in the depth department after season five when the book material was no longer available to the show writers. I am inclined to estimate roughly everyone here is disappointed in the show since season six. Also, not many are pleased with this season so far either.

Whatcha got?? What ya think about season 8 so far?

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Whatcha got?? What ya think about season 8 so far?

It is television. It is entertainment. It does that job still.
But it is obvious that the character development and tone that underpinned the series while it had firm roots in Martin's books.... that isn't there anymore. In that sense its probably good that the last series is only 6 episodes, as they will wrap story-lines without having sufficient time to really suck.

Now you just gotta kick back and take it for what it is :).

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
I can't believe Dany forgot about Cersei's giant crossbow machine. I mean, come on.

And was Euron shooting through castle or hill?

And how did they manage to hit one dragon dead on multiple times while it was free flying while missing Dany with a barrage of about 20 while she charged them?

And what were Dany's ships made of, paper?

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Just speculation on my part about who kills who in GoT. And knowing GoT, who knows if these characters will even die???:

Jamie kills Cersei and Tyrion kills Dany.

Weren't there premonitions that Cersei would be killed by her little brother? And isn't Dany supposed to be betrayed again?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Just speculation on my part about who kills who in GoT. And knowing GoT, who knows if these characters will even die???:

Weren't there premonitions that Cersei would be killed by her little brother? And isn't Dany supposed to be betrayed again?
I honestly don't know if they remember anything about the prophecies they set up.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I honestly don't know if they remember anything about the prophecies they set up.
hahahaha HOLY SHIT HAS THIS SHOW DUMPED HARD. I just watched 8.04...... gods below us. It is bad. GoT has died mid season 5. Just like Georgie boys books. 4 and 5 sucked hard.
Martin gave his publishers a 3 book outline. Those 3 books were on point and key. He world expanded his arse into oblivion and a convoluted irrelevant story. This show has become wretch.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
hahahaha HOLY **** HAS THIS SHOW DUMPED HARD. I just watched 8.04...... gods below us. It is bad. GoT has died mid season 5. Just like Georgie boys books. 4 and 5 sucked hard.
Martin gave his publishers a 3 book outline. Those 3 books were on point and key. He world expanded his arse into oblivion and a convoluted irrelevant story. This show has become wretch.
it's funny that the later books have the exact opposite problem of the show. The books keep meandering and spreading everyone out and add way more than we need. The show rushed everything too much instead. I still enjoyed the books for the world and characters, but overall it's kind of boring in the later books. The show is exciting, but the characters and world are all so blah now.

The worst thing to happen to the series was becoming successful enough that his publishers couldn't give him hard deadlines anymore and his editors couldn't force him to cut the story down.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I didn't think this season was bad so far. I thought how they handled the Night King was genius.

MartinS82

May 26, 2016

I think it would be cool if Jamie stabs her in the back as she is saying "Burn them all!" Full circle.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I watched 8.04 again and I gotta say, I actually liked it more than any other episode this season.
I don't agree with the Rheghar deal though.
Sansa is a punk. Night King was a total waste.
Arya is op as she can just go kill anyone undetected. So why go to war with Cersei.

I don't get Arya actually, as a book reader. Even though I forget most of the book readings as they are all massive with huge chunks of information, but doesn't the house of black and white require their assassains to NOT be free roaming trained killers? I don't get how they just let Arya go.

Dany going mad queen is stupid. If anything shes angry as f*** and not insane. It goes against her whole arc of being a psycho. So she wants to burn Cersei out and claim the throne. I still don't even get the point of owning the throne so hastily. If she has to burn Cersei out, then burn her the f*** out and rule from Dragon Stone. Who says Kings Landing has to be the ruling point.

Also, if Stannis had to go to the iron bank to pay his armies, how come nobody else (outside Cersei) has to borrow to pay their armies. Also, how many wars can be fought at this point. They are making the Romans look like peace keepers with their wars between westeros and essos. How many fighting aged men can be left at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad