OT: Movies are basically flipbooks for adults (The Newly Annual Non-Pens Media Thraed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
The Moe White storyline was so cringy
The entire season is disgusting. I don't remember the earlier seasons being so bad or I never would have watched it.
I only laughed a few times, I'm on episode 12 now.
I laughed when deb said to her lesbian partner 'you make me want ****'
and when Frank drank the hobo liquor at the bar for the first time and said it was good when everyone else was choking drinking it.

The politics though. Good lord, these show writers push so much propaganda they should be embarrassed to push their views so hard on people.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Yeah it's been pretty in your face the past few seasons. Curious how the show will be without Emmy Rossum

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I been watching shameless for years. I still plug through it. But for **** sake, the liberal politics they preach and throw in your face is disgusting. I just want to see how it ends already and I'm forced to just shake my head at the propaganda they push so ****ing hard down your throat.
Macy might be f***ed with that school scandal, which he first blamed his wife 100% and now the tapes and testimony shows that his dumb ass knew and was ok with it more than he led on. Not surprised.

Surprised, however, at the fact that his career isn't done. The stuff him and his wife pulled, is pathetic and disgusting.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
@shoplifter

I used to read the Transformers comics back in the day, but then Dreamwave made "Transformers: The War Within" series and I was f***ing in. IN. It takes place back in Cybertron, Optimus is basically a library nerd, Grimlock isn't a tool, Megatron is like a union worker that is tired of busting his ass for a bunch of ungrateful people and so it all begins...

Optmus is made the new Prime, he feels he isn't worthy...
Grimlock, basically a decorated warrior, is pissed that he wasn't Prime and that some dork was chosen.

I want that made into an animated series. I wish they would. Like DC did the Superman vs Doomsday and his death and resurrection animated movies, Batman did The Killing Joke...I just wish for once, Transformers made a f***ing great animated movie again like their OG one from the 80's.

Dreamwave went belly up and they never finished the series completely, but whatever they released, I own. It's still a fun read.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
@shoplifter

I used to read the Transformers comics back in the day, but then Dreamwave made "Transformers: The War Within" series and I was ****ing in. IN. It takes place back in Cybertron, Optimus is basically a library nerd, Grimlock isn't a tool, Megatron is like a union worker that is tired of busting his ass for a bunch of ungrateful people and so it all begins...

Optmus is made the new Prime, he feels he isn't worthy...
Grimlock, basically a decorated warrior, is pissed that he wasn't Prime and that some dork was chosen.

I want that made into an animated series. I wish they would. Like DC did the Superman vs Doomsday and his death and resurrection animated movies, Batman did The Killing Joke...I just wish for once, Transformers made a ****ing great animated movie again like their OG one from the 80's.

Dreamwave went belly up and they never finished the series completely, but whatever they released, I own. It's still a fun read.

Yeah,
who did the 80's movie? Nelson Shin? I know it was only a ploy to make more money by killing old toys to make room for new toy sales.

I read the 'all hail megatron' comics and the recent unicron series.

They are good. They can be good. There are just so many back stories and mythos that it is just a mess.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
About to watch 'Glass'

My favorite night shamalamayan movie is 'Signs' ... will I like this?
Anyone see it? Any good?

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
About to watch 'Glass'

My favorite night shamalamayan movie is 'Signs' ... will I like this?
Anyone see it? Any good?
How was it? I'm a fan of Unbreakable. Underrated, IMO.

I really liked Signs. I don't know why people hate on it. A good movie with some good laughs.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
How was it? I'm a fan of Unbreakable. Underrated, IMO.

I really liked Signs. I don't know why people hate on it. A good movie with some good laughs.

I just finished it a few minutes ago. It was alright. the middle third of the movie is all talking. Twists, obviously in shamalama land, nothing crazy but nothing out of left field if you paid attention.

It's worth a watch for McAvoy at least since he is almost the entire movie.

I'd give it a 7/10. Above middling but not near amazing. IMO.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I just finished it a few minutes ago. It was alright. the middle third of the movie is all talking. Twists, obviously in shamalama land, nothing crazy but nothing out of left field if you paid attention.

It's worth a watch for McAvoy at least since he is almost the entire movie.

I'd give it a 7/10. Above middling but not near amazing. IMO.
McAvoy was amazing in Split.

Reactions: shoplifter

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
LOL...

Wow, Marvel is so f***ing full of themselves. They had "empty chairs for the fallen heroes against Thanos" at their press conference or whatever, for the movie. I bet the people at the Marvel head offices jerk off to their own reflections.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
LOL...

Wow, Marvel is so ****ing full of themselves. They had "empty chairs for the fallen heroes against Thanos" at their press conference or whatever, for the movie. I bet the people at the Marvel head offices jerk off to their own reflections.
you go out of your way to dislike things don't you? Who cares? It's a marketing gimmick:laugh:

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Can't believe it took me this long to watch Layer Cake. Thought the very end was a bit unnecessary but overall it was a very enjoyable movie. I sort of miss the era of the quirky English mob/gangster flick.

Layer Cake is thoroughly underrated as a crime flick. It's a great early 2000s take on something like The Long Good Friday (which is also an amazing film).

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I hate cable. Internet, Netflix, and Hulu get me by. And my parents' log-in info for HBO and cable...

I think my parents' cable bill is almost $300 a month. I should probably look into alternatives for them and split the cable bill.

What're the main differences between Roku, Amazon Fire Sticks, and Google Chrome Casts?

So I just got my dad off of cable in January and went through all this.

I can't speak to any Google product, but Roku was by far the easiest middleware solution for him to learn (also tried Firestick and appletv). The interface is easy and the controller is less minimalistic and obtuse. Additionally, Roku has access to a variety of free or a la carte channels that the other products lack (specifically, it has a mile wider selection of religious programming).

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Layer Cake is thoroughly underrated as a crime flick. It's a great early 2000s take on something like The Long Good Friday (which is also an amazing film).

Probably goes down in movie history for the best use of a Duran Duran song.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
I hate cable. Internet, Netflix, and Hulu get me by. And my parents' log-in info for HBO and cable...

I think my parents' cable bill is almost $300 a month. I should probably look into alternatives for them and split the cable bill.

What're the main differences between Roku, Amazon Fire Sticks, and Google Chrome Casts?

Someone logged into my Netflix account in New York last night. Wasn't me and it wasn't my friend who has the password. So I logged everyone out and changed passwords. But earlier this year someone in the Philippines logged in and I did the same thing I just did...

So I just got my dad off of cable in January and went through all this.

I can't speak to any Google product, but Roku was by far the easiest middleware solution for him to learn (also tried Firestick and appletv). The interface is easy and the controller is less minimalistic and obtuse. Additionally, Roku has access to a variety of free or a la carte channels that the other products lack (specifically, it has a mile wider selection of religious programming).

I've been a cord cutter since my wife and I first moved in together 3 1/2 years ago or whatever. And I've converted my mom to the same thing. We have Roku's everywhere and so does she and it's great. Roku and Amazon Fire are basically the same thing. The Chromecast just needs you to fire something off of a phone/tablet while the Fire and Roku are self sustained. I prefer the Roku, too.

Also there are a bunch of $20 50 mile antenna on Amazon that are great. My mom spent the summer in Pittsburgh with my grandmother and got, no lie, 30+ channels over the air with one. At home here in Charleston, SC I get 15 or so.

Here's one of the ones I have and she has that work great: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FUB4ZG8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I've been a cord cutter since my wife and I first moved in together 3 1/2 years ago or whatever. And I've converted my mom to the same thing. We have Roku's everywhere and so does she and it's great. Roku and Amazon Fire are basically the same thing. The Chromecast just needs you to fire something off of a phone/tablet while the Fire and Roku are self sustained. I prefer the Roku, too.

Also there are a bunch of $20 50 mile antenna on Amazon that are great. My mom spent the summer in Pittsburgh with my grandmother and got, no lie, 30+ channels over the air with one. At home here in Charleston, SC I get 15 or so.

Here's one of the ones I have and she has that work great: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FUB4ZG8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Know if they got the PGH sports channels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad