OT: Movies are basically flipbooks for adults (The Newly Annual Non-Pens Media Thraed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
I have been sticking with The Walking Dead mostly just to see it through and because I was a fan of the comics. It's been dragging for a while.

But holy ****, tonight's episode....
are you still reading the comics? The last two seasons of TWD finally killed me, and the Carl story was so stupid, I'm out for good, but I hear the new writer finally has the show back on track, so good for those who persevered. Honestly, it went straight to **** after S2.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
..and on another note, just saw "Us" tonight. Not quite sure how I'm going to wrap my head around all of the intertwined allegory that Jordan Peele tortures us with. This was definitely no "Get Out", but it wasn't trivial either.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
That’s like 4 am here. :laugh: :cry:

I love the movie so I want to watch it but I will have to wait until it's on streaming somewhere.

You should be able to stream it on their website. FX will force you to disable your ad-blocker to watch content, so not as bad as some. Some networks make you jump through enough hoops that it's easier/faster to just pirate it :laugh:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
You should be able to stream it on their website. FX will force you to disable your ad-blocker to watch content, so not as bad as some. Some networks make you jump through enough hoops that it's easier/faster to just pirate it :laugh:
I thought you needed a cable login?

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I hate cable. Internet, Netflix, and Hulu get me by. And my parents' log-in info for HBO and cable...

I think my parents' cable bill is almost $300 a month. I should probably look into alternatives for them and split the cable bill.

What're the main differences between Roku, Amazon Fire Sticks, and Google Chrome Casts?

Someone logged into my Netflix account in New York last night. Wasn't me and it wasn't my friend who has the password. So I logged everyone out and changed passwords. But earlier this year someone in the Philippines logged in and I did the same thing I just did...

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I hate cable. Internet, Netflix, and Hulu get me by. And my parents' log-in info for HBO and cable...

I think my parents' cable bill is almost $300 a month. I should probably look into alternatives for them and split the cable bill.

What're the main differences between Roku, Amazon Fire Sticks, and Google Chrome Casts?

Someone logged into my Netflix account in New York last night. Wasn't me and it wasn't my friend who has the password. So I logged everyone out and changed passwords. But earlier this year someone in the Philippines logged in and I did the same thing I just did...

$300 per month?

What are they on, the BEND OVER special pricing package? :laugh:

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009

Chromecast streams from apps or the Chrome browser. It's the most versatile as it's not exactly limited to Play Store apps. But for older people it might be the most confusing.

I'm not sure about the offerings for the others. Roku, Fire Stick, Sling, etc. are all going to offer different things. You have to look into each and pick whichever is the best fit.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
are you still reading the comics? The last two seasons of TWD finally killed me, and the Carl story was so stupid, I'm out for good, but I hear the new writer finally has the show back on track, so good for those who persevered. Honestly, it went straight to **** after S2.
It definitely did go to crap after season 2, but I kept watching it because I liked the comics.

Reactions: StaalForOne
Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
I loved the first season of Walking Dead, enough so that I bought the comic afterwards. I just finished Compendium 1, and bought the 2nd right after. As for the rest of the seasons...I can see the criticisms. It's not quite as engaging, but I've been keeping up slowly. I just finished season 8.

Reactions: BladeRunner66

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
$300 per month?

What are they on, the BEND OVER special pricing package? :laugh:

Yeah, they really, really frustrate me. Like, they kept paying for AOL for way too many years. Even after I kept telling them to stop/cancel. But where would they be if I didn't look after them. :laugh:

I'm thinking of having them go down to one cable box, get some Chromecasts, and have them download the app to their phone. So many possibilities though. Why can't we just do a la carte yet?

Back to movies, I watched Zodiac with my girlfriend. She didn't much care for it, which surprised me. Maybe it was too long.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I had a rookie, and now have a firestick. All I do is watch Netflix Hulu and prime on them. They are the same thing in terms of doing those three things. The only difference i see is speed, but the firestick is like 4 years newer. The Roku wasn't always slow.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
I loved the first season of Walking Dead, enough so that I bought the comic afterwards. I just finished Compendium 1, and bought the 2nd right after. As for the rest of the seasons...I can see the criticisms. It's not quite as engaging, but I've been keeping up slowly. I just finished season 8.
I own 1rst season on DVD. Don't care what critics say, i f***ing love zombies! I mean, yeah one big bad ass boss goes down only to be replaced by tougher one but i thought we loved that in video games? As for the characters they usually don't last very long so if you don't like one, just be patient.:laugh:(it makes their death even sweeter) ...this said it sucks when a character you do love gets eaten or shot/sliced/punctured/bludgeoned/burned etc...

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
got around to watching Green Book. I liked it a lot, but I don't know that it should have gotten best picture. It was a good movie carried by Viggo Mortensen and Mahershala Ali being fantastic.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Joker trailer looks fantastic.

I wish Dylan O'Brien would be hired for a Batman Beyond movie.

I hope DC continues to make movies that don't need to tie into every other f***ing movie.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Bumblebee is stupid.

Soundwave shouldn't be a tape deck and ravager is a cat...how? They haven't been to earth. How would they have those forms but a lot of the others don't??

f*** YOU HASBRO.

Reactions: shoplifter

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Osmosis on Netflix. It's an interesting story, though I found myself not caring that much about the main relationship conflict. It will draw a lot of comparisons to Black Mirror (as all somewhat dark sci-fi dealing with the dangers of technology will).

Yuming Hey has the weirdest head shape I've ever seen. He looked like an extraterrestrial, and probably played the best character in the show.

On a side note, the French speak so damn fast it makes even following the subtitles difficult at times (the English dub is bad, as usual). And maybe it was just the actors, but I found very little inflection or emotion in the dialogue. It left the show feeling quite flat at times that should have packed emotional punches or brought out more in the characters.

Last edited:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Bumblebee is stupid.

Soundwave shouldn't be a tape deck and ravager is a cat...how? They haven't been to earth. How would they have those forms but a lot of the others don't??

**** YOU HASBRO.
wat?

Supposedly they been to earth since thousands of years ago. Not like there was a boom box tape cassette invented before the 1980's.

The Transformers franchise is total trash, but awesome trash. I mean, why why why would you be a car and not a f***ing military vehicle or jet plane. Why would you choose to drive when most of your enemies fly? Where do they get ammunition for their weapons? HOW do they have ammunition period? The cartoon they used energon for their laser style weapons it made sense, but now they have physical rounds. Weird.

It goes on and on and on with the wtf moments. BUT bumblebee was the best at just being a transformers g1 (ISH) movie. I always skip the human parts because they are so stupid and irrelevant. Dropkick(?) and female bad bot were awesome baddies and Soundwave (although not being voice by frank welker (INSULT) sounded amazing).

Yeah though, TF is a mess of a franchise.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I been watching shameless for years. I still plug through it. But for f*** sake, the liberal politics they preach and throw in your face is disgusting. I just want to see how it ends already and I'm forced to just shake my head at the propaganda they push so f***ing hard down your throat.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
I been watching shameless for years. I still plug through it. But for **** sake, the liberal politics they preach and throw in your face is disgusting. I just want to see how it ends already and I'm forced to just shake my head at the propaganda they push so ****ing hard down your throat.

The Moe White storyline was so cringy

Reactions: shoplifter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: