OT: Movie Thread

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Watched one of my favorite movies ever today.

Splendor in the Grass.

Natalie Wood was robbed of an Oscar.

Screenshot_20240101_170507_Chrome.jpg

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Gonna try to find time for Iron Claw this week

Recently I’ve seen

Saw X- honestly probably the 2nd best saw movie after the original

Thanksgiving- basically a masshole, holiday themed version of Scream with Eli Roth’s over the top gore. It’s not Hostel type gore for those worried about that. It’s a genuinely funny movie.

Dream Scenario- weird ass movie. Classic Nic Cage. He may get Oscar hype for it. The movie itself was solid. Not my fav but an interesting premise and I will say- it had a moment that made me laugh out loud and that’s pretty rare for me to do that

Reactions: GordonHowe

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Gonna try to find time for Iron Claw this week

Recently I’ve seen

Saw X- honestly probably the 2nd best saw movie after the original

Thanksgiving- basically a masshole, holiday themed version of Scream with Eli Roth’s over the top gore. It’s not Hostel type gore for those worried about that. It’s a genuinely funny movie.

Dream Scenario- weird ass movie. Classic Nic Cage. He may get Oscar hype for it. The movie itself was solid. Not my fav but an interesting premise and I will say- it had a moment that made me laugh out loud and that’s pretty rare for me to do that

No interest in the Saw franchise, though I like horror. I'd like to see both "Thanksgiving" and
"Dream Scenario." Cage is, ah, an interesting actor. His work in "Leaving Las Vegas" is one of the best performances I've ever seen. Put me off booze for a week.

IF you haven't seen it, you might like "Knowing."

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
No interest in the Saw franchise, though I like horror. I'd like to see both "Thanksgiving" and
"Dream Scenario." Cage is, ah, an interesting actor. His work in "Leaving Las Vegas" is one of the best performances I've ever seen. Put me off booze for a week.

I’ll check Knowing out! Thanks for the rec!

Saw is definitely not for everybody, that’s for sure. This most recent one at least had a good plot line and the most acting from Tobin Bell that we’ve seen in the franchise by far. He may have peaked at age 80 which is remarkable. I do not blame you for not being interested in the franchise it’s disgusting a lot of the time.

I can’t recommend Thanksgiving enough. Just a silly holiday slasher film with a Massachusetts influence. Dream Scenario has some elements of horror to it too, I’d label it more of a black comedy of sorts. Honestly tough to label it, very unique film

Speaking of Cage you ever see Mandy? wild movie

Reactions: GordonHowe

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I’ll check Knowing out! Thanks for the rec!

Saw is definitely not for everybody, that’s for sure. This most recent one at least had a good plot line and the most acting from Tobin Bell that we’ve seen in the franchise by far. He may have peaked at age 80 which is remarkable. I do not blame you for not being interested in the franchise it’s disgusting a lot of the time.

I can’t recommend Thanksgiving enough. Just a silly holiday slasher film with a Massachusetts influence. Dream Scenario has some elements of horror to it too, I’d label it more of a black comedy of sorts. Honestly tough to label it, very unique film

Speaking of Cage you ever see Mandy? wild movie

I've not seen "Mandy." Will investigate.

The "Saw" series: As I said, I like horror. What I don't like is gratuitous gore, ala "House of a 1000 Corpses."

Have you seen "Return of the Living Dead" (1985)? It's f*cking hilarious. Give it a go.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I've not seen "Mandy." Will investigate.

The "Saw" series: As I said, I like horror. What I don't like is gratuitous gore, ala "House of a 1000 Corpses."

Have you seen "Return of the Living Dead" (1985)? It's f*cking hilarious. Give it a go.
Horror comedy is my fav so I’ll have to give it a go. Shaun of the Dead is my fav movie of all time

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

Knowing is excellent sci-fi. The same cat who directed Dark City which will always be a favourite of mine.

I think Cage is a genius… who also happens to star in a whole lot of absolute trash.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Watched Society of the Snow on Netflix

Really well done given the subject matter. And I'd totally eat people if survival was at stake.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
There's talk that there will be a Top Gun 3 after all.

Not sure how I feel about it. TG Maverick was great, but there's not much left for Maverick to do as a pilot at his age, I think even the sequel was pushing it even though I liked it lol. Guessing maybe they'd focus more on Rooster. :dunno: wait and see, I guess

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad