OT: Movie thread

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Agreed Vengeance, I enjoy media where there is time for people to talk like actual people and not necessarily forward the plot.i think lots of actors can't pull that off today like Marlon Brandow....hold the screen with their charisma....moreso it's like hey I'm sexy and can deliver a one liner.

I've enjoyed season one of the wire for this reason they go off topic and it feels more real, better paced. The actors may not be sexy but they're good actors.

Reactions: DaveG

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I WAS VERY SATISFIED. THE BUILDUP IS SLOW, BUT I ENJOY TARANTINO’S DIALOGUES BECAUSE PEOPLE TALK THE WAY ACTUAL PEOPLE TALK. SOMETIMES PEOPLE DON’T TALK ABOUT THE STORY. THEY TALK ABOUT HAMBURGERS, THEY TALK ABOUT NOT HAVING SEX WITH A MINOR.

spoilers for the movie

SPOILERS KURVA

spoilers

SPOILERS

Pitt and Leo are great, the kid was awesome (the way she was all giggly after saying she falls, even when they don’t pay her to.)
I COULD WATCH PITT BEATING PEOPLE UP FOR DAYS. Doesn’t get old.

ALSO THE FLAMETHROWER, BEST CHEKHOV GUN EVER. I mean, it should be NO SURPRISE, I THOROUGHLY ENJOYED THAT SCENE.

ALSO, GOOD GIRL BRANDY. GOOD GIRL.

spoilers above

SPOILERS ABOVE
Brandy was my favorite character. Watching Leo recover from the bad scene to the good one was great. The whole cult scene was as tense as the first time I saw Pulp Fiction. I knew it was good, but didn’t enjoy it as much as I thought I would at times.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Watching the best Christmas film ever made

Die Hard

:sarcasm:
Yesterday, because of a family issue elsewhere, I had to leave home after having the Christmas Dinner with my spouse.

I noted that I'd rather stay home and maybe watch a film together. Then I referred to that film with pretty much those exact words.

She looked at me a bit slow.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Yesterday, because of a family issue elsewhere, I had to leave home after having the Christmas Dinner with my spouse.

I noted that I'd rather stay home and maybe watch a film together. Then I referred to that film with pretty much those exact words.

She looked at me a bit slow.

Clearly she thinks Lethal Weapon is the best Christmas movie ever :sarcasm:

Reactions: Lempo

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
To my excitement I found out I had recorded Die Hard to my online tivo service, so I got to watch it too for the holiday season.

Die Hard and RoboCop were made practically at the same time; it's funny how different the visual quality of the scene of villain being thrown out of a skyscraper is in the two films.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Ford vs Ferrari is pretty good. It’s on HBO Max and stuff now.
Yeah, my family and I really enjoyed that one.

Going in a different direction from that one but you can watch on Netflix is one that we watched this week while at the beach was Lovebirds staring Issa Rae and Kumail Nanjiani. It was a funny romcom adventure type movie. I really liked it.

Reactions: Unsustainable

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
uncut gems is a movie about anxiety and yelling a lot

I’ve never had a panic attack, but that movie made me feel like I was have a minor, two hours long panic attack.
Haven’t seen Uncut Gems yet but the Safdie brothers have another movie on Netflix called Good Time that sounds much the same. I thought it was pretty freakin great and definitely recommend.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013

I’ve never had a panic attack, but that movie made me feel like I was have a minor, two hours long panic attack.

The thing that caught me is that it wasn't like a suspense type anxiety for most of the movie. It was just the general mood they were able to capture with the way it was shot, music, etc.

Reactions: DaveG

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Definitely a lot of yelling, but I actually enjoyed it, there's just something about the way it was produced and how every single major character aside from Garnett was majorly flawed that made it more enjoyable than most everything that's come out in the last 3-4 years for me, aside from maybe Ford vs. Ferrari

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
Ford vs Ferrari was incredible, best flick I've seen in at least 5 years

Well, it is the classic American film where for long stretches the rhetoric with stars and stripes is the same as many other films. As an Italian it is easy to notice the differences between reality and fiction, it makes you smile to see the Drake portrayed as a Goliath and Ford as Davide when reality was far from that. By the way the Drake in 1966 had already stopped going to see the races. What I liked so much, despite everything is the message that arrives, the fact that despite being a racing film there is a lot of human material and above all it is a joy for the eyes and compliments must be made to the production for the splendid image and details . It is certainly a film superior to the various Rush or other racing films but it lacks a lot between reality and fiction.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Well, it is the classic American film where for long stretches the rhetoric with stars and stripes is the same as many other films. As an Italian it is easy to notice the differences between reality and fiction, it makes you smile to see the Drake portrayed as a Goliath and Ford as Davide when reality was far from that. By the way the Drake in 1966 had already stopped going to see the races. What I liked so much, despite everything is the message that arrives, the fact that despite being a racing film there is a lot of human material and above all it is a joy for the eyes and compliments must be made to the production for the splendid image and details . It is certainly a film superior to the various Rush or other racing films but it lacks a lot between reality and fiction.

Anything like that I see, I just assume the filmmakers are taking liberties. Sometimes creativity just demands it.

One of my favorite scenes is the part where they're throwing down on the lawn, just trying to kill each other and the wife comes out with her lawn chair to watch. And they finish and they're laying on their backs on the ground talking about their past fights, then they clink their Coke bottles: "Up yours" "Aww go to hell"

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00