OT: Movie thread

ONO94

Jan 18, 2010

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
Have y'all watched Triangle of Sadness? It's a dark comedy that won the Palme d'Or at the Cannes film festival this year. Quite satirical. There's one sequence of events like no other I've ever seen. It reminded me of this forum given the fascination with bodily functions.

One review from NYT:

Triangle of Sadness,” in effect a shaggy-dog art-house reboot of “Gilligan's Island,”

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I'm still watching Christmas-y films. Home Alone and Christmas Vacation and whatnot.

Have y'all watched Triangle of Sadness? It's a dark comedy that won the Palme d'Or at the Cannes film festival this year. Quite satirical. There's one sequence of events like no other I've ever seen. It reminded me of this forum given the fascination with bodily functions.

One review from NYT:

Can't say I've heard of this but the title sounds like a good name if UNC/Duke/State basketball and/or Football all had really bad years.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
I'm still watching Christmas-y films. Home Alone and Christmas Vacation and whatnot.

Can't say I've heard of this but the title sounds like a good name if UNC/Duke/State basketball and/or Football all had really bad years.
State is a lock there!

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
Watched Glass Onion the other night. What a fun franchise.

Watched it this weekend. Fun movie! Not as good as the first one, but still quite a ride.

Also watched Scrooged for the first time since seeing it in the theaters way back when. Not as funny as I remembered, but still a fun, if shambolic, mess. Plus I love watching old movies as time capsules.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Glass Onion was good as well, but a little too predictable for me. Daniel Craig killed it again though.

I really enjoyed it. Not quite as much as the first, but it was still a fun little whodunit. Daniel Craig getting angrier and angrier during the climax when he realized what was happening was hilarious

Benoit Blanc: His dock doesn't float. His wonder fuel is a disaster. His grasp of disruption theory is remedial at best. He didn't design the puzzle boxes. He didn't write the mystery. Et voila! It all adds up. The key to this entire case. And it was staring me right in the face. Like everyone in the world, I assumed Miles Bron was a complicated genius. But why? Look into the clear centre of this glass onion. Miles Bron is an idiot!

Miles Bron: Oh, please, just tell us who tried to kill me.

Benoit Blanc :Nobody tried to kill you, you vainglorious buffoon!

Also, if you've watched Glass Onion and have access to Twitter, Ben Shapiro is apparently livid with the movie and it's well worth looking that thread up. Apparently he's upset there was misdirection in a murder mystery film.
Hard pass on this, though. I had a pretty good day today, and I'm not going to ruin it by reading Shapiro's dimwitted takes.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Movie titles, but you can only use a letter once:

Toy Sr
12 Angry Me
Home Aln
Batman Eyod
Findg Emo
Cars

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I watched Suspiria the other day, the 2018 version. I'm a bit perplexed whether it was something very special or if it just caught me unawares not having watched a movie since God knows when but it kind of stayed haunting me. Curious casting choice to have Tilda Swinton play several roles, and not for the better IMO, but maybe that's just some meta-commentary that I have no tools to begin to understand because of having watched wrong movies my whole life.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Saw Boys in the Boat yesterday.

Felt it was kind of missing something but it was a good film to go see on the big screen.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00