Most Overrated NHL Team

Most overrated team of 2018/19

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Don't even need to look at the results or read a single post and I could already guess that Toronto is going to be the team that's considered most 'overrated. Given that they're the first team listed on the poll, I'm assuming this is the intended result.

Last edited:

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
I'm sorry are you implying that HF had the Leafs winning a round? Shall I bump the "Will the Leafs make the playoffs during Babcocks contract thread"? Or the "Rank the Canadian teams" thread where Leaf fans were over rating the kids and they wouldn't go from last place to the playoffs? How about the other Rank the Canadian teams thread the year after where it was all a fluke due to health and career years and they would regress? How about all the claims of the Leafs having the worst defense in the league and them finishing in the middle of the pack for GA.

To suggest they have underperformed is to suggest that people thought the Leafs were going to win the cup the last few years which is just not true. The ONLY argument is that last season AFTER the year was already started, people expected them to win a round.

However by and far, they have beaten expectations made on here time and time again over the past three seasons.
Logic won't win in a thread like this. Best to just leave and let some people have their fun.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Leafs most overrated?

I wouldn’t agree with that, they have all the pieces with the exception of a good RHD, LHD is satisfactory. 4th line is questionable. Top 9 forwards are very good. Are they the top cup contender like some sites have claimed? No, but they are absolutely in the top 5-6 teams as a real contender.

Reactions: TDK88

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Shows the care level for the Nucks this year. Can't be overrated when everyone expects you in the basement.
Watch out though. If Pettersson continues to score; he'll be overrated quickly. Not by Nucks fans, but other fans trying to compare him to other players, then over-hyping him on his own.

I agree no one really cares about the basement teams enough to vote for them here, but they might actually be Colorado '17 bad, not just regular bad.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Leafs are great but I don't think they deserve to be in the same class as Tampa Bay, Winnipeg, Nashville, Washington, and Maybe Pittsburgh. To me they are still a second tier top in a cluster with Boston and San Jose.

Of course its a long season and teams get better and worse, so we shall see.

Make sure youre watching in June.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Don't even need to look at the results or read a single post and I could already guess that Toronto is going to be the team that's considered most 'overrated. Given that they're the first team listed on the poll, I'm assuming this is the intended result.

Take another look and you will see it’s by the current division standings.... kind of a butthurt move to assume I intentionally have Tor at the top to make them have the most votes. Like seriously, you honestly think I’d go out of my way and feel satisfied just to do that smh

Reactions: Snowman

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
I agree no one really cares about the basement teams enough to vote for them here, but they might actually be Colorado '17 bad, not just regular bad.

I wish no level of bad like that on any team. That was a freaking awful season and made me quit watching altogether.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Take another look and you will see it’s by the current division standings.... kind of a ******** move to assume I intentionally have Tor at the top to make them have the most votes. Like seriously, you honestly think I’d go out of my way and feel satisfied just to do that smh
Given that you voted for the Leafs, I would say yes. It is likely that the reason you chose to list the teams this way was so the Leafs were at the top.

You made your opinion on the subject known when you voted. There is clearly bias and the motive to create this poll was to support your view.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
That's betting odds. That's not what he's asking. LOL.
What's next? posting a link about the EA simulation on PS4 that the Leafs won?
A month and a half ago, you believed betting odds were far less laughable.

upload_2018-10-11_18-36-16.png

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Given that you voted for the Leafs, I would say yes. It is likely that the reason you chose to list the teams this way was so the Leafs were at the top.

You made your opinion on the subject known when you voted. There is clearly bias and the motive to create this poll was to support your view.

I suppose NHL also is bias since they listed them at the top? (Which I simply copied) Honestly man how do you even have that thought process in your head. That’s just sad. Go adead and read the ss. The layout is the exact same damn way

Attachments

• 4F640C83-375A-4C6F-BB16-D17BA914AF81.png
    4F640C83-375A-4C6F-BB16-D17BA914AF81.png
    246.3 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: WetcoastOrca

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

Yes. That must be it. People are only voting Leaf because they are at the top of the list.
We are all too lazy to scroll down.
:sarcasm:

Reactions: dukeofjive
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad