Confirmed with Link: Moss re-signed (1 yr, $800k)

SR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
We're fling fast. Either were not looking to upgrade or no one wants to come here. Cash strapped 5 yr out claused team... Gonna be a looooong season.

Moss is good for 4 goals and soft none physical play. Just what the coyotes are about.

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
At the right price and in the right spot in the lineup, David Moss makes sense.

$800K is probably the right price, time will tell if Tip utilizes him properly.

letowskie

Aug 16, 2002
In your worst nighmare
Visit site
FireTippett_zpsb7071d26.jpg

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ

Tippett called Moss Ribeiro's best winger last season - I fully expect him to be on Gagner's line and to be as much of a black hole on offense. All in the name of balance.

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008

Problem is we have 2-3 other guys whose 'right spot in the lineup' is the same 'right spot in the lineup' as Moss'.

HowlofRevel

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix

$800K may be the right price for Dave Moss on the right team, but this team is not the right team. We already have 2 lines of Dave Moss archetype players, and most of them are better or have the potential to be better than Dave Moss.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
It's not just that, it's Maloney's comments that he wanted to get younger and faster and players playing with more heart.

Well, why the ******* bring the guy back who's not any of the 3 things you were looking for.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I thought Crombeen was the upgrade on Moss that was talked about. I liked that move. But not this. Not like this.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
It's not just that, it's Maloney's comments that he wanted to get younger and faster and players playing with more heart.

Well, why the ******* bring the guy back who's not any of the 3 things you were looking for.

Options?

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Who's spot did Moss take? Seriously let's compare names.

I get the venom but I look at it like this. Moss was very overpaid before. Now he's not.

Szwarz/McMillan's. Either of whom are just as good as Moss defensively while certainly playing with far more fire as they are young guys with *every* incentive to play their butts off to be full-time regulars. Whereas Moss phoned it in during a ******* contract year.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Who's spot did Moss take? Seriously let's compare names.

I get the venom but I look at it like this. Moss was very overpaid before. Now he's not.

The problem is that Tippett is almost certainly going to play Moss in the top-9, and Dave Moss anywhere near the top-9 is a bad move.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Wonderful thing to come home after a long day at work to see. And here comes the scrap heap signings. Bad enough to miss the playoff and good enough to have a bad draft pick. And I'm sure there will be one young guy on the squad getting his development squashed playing 5 minutes one out of every three games. Just more of the same.

They keep making it more and more easy to not re-up my season tickets again. I guess I should thank Dave and his philosophy of running out as many Dave Tippett-eske forwards as he can. He's been a huge help in cutting down my expenses.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
This assures that we only have 1 rookie make the squad on the offensive side.

Before there were a couple spots open that could have been taken by: Domi/Lessio/Rieder/Szwarz

Now, because of how Tippett runs lines, we're gonna end up with Moss on Gagner's RW, which means a sub-par year for Gagner.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Szwarz/McMillan's. Either of whom are just as good as Moss defensively while certainly playing with far more fire as they are young guys with *every* incentive to play their butts off to be full-time regulars. Whereas Moss phoned it in during a ******* contract year.

MacMillan plays left wing.

So we are upset that the team wanted insurance on going with a player who was a -6 in 26 career NHL games? I appreciate Scwartz's enthusiasm but can he play? He's a tweener unfortunately at this stage. Who did we have in depth chart if that didn't work out?

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
MacMillan plays left wing.

So we are upset that the team wanted insurance on going with a player who was a -6 in 26 career NHL games? I appreciate Scwartz's enthusiasm but can he play? He's a tweener unfortunately at this stage. Who did we have in depth chart if that didn't work out?

McMillan can/and has played all 3 forward positions. Korpi can play either wing too.

A reasonable bet for our bottom 6 before today would've been:

Korpi/Domi - Hanzal - Erat
McMillan/Chipchura - Vitale - Crombeen/Szwarz

Where exactly does signing Moss upgrade that bottom 6? He's definitely not better than Erat and it's very arguable that Crombeen is far more of a better fit for an energy line than he is. And we've already established that Moss absolutely has no business in a top 6.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
McMillan can/and has played all 3 forward positions. Korpi can play either wing too.

A reasonable bet for our bottom 6 before today would've been:

Korpi/Domi - Hanzal - Erat
McMillan/Chipchura - Vitale - Crombeen/Szwarz

Where exactly does signing Moss upgrade that bottom 6? He's definitely not better than Erat and it's very arguable that Crombeen is far more of a better fit for an energy line than he is. And we've already established that Moss absolutely has no business in a top 6.

I have Erat and Doan in Top 6. Leaves Crombeen, Moss, and Schwartz (if he makes team) fighting for bottom 6 roles.

Listen I'm not enamoured with Moss's return. I just view it for what it is. A depth signing at reasonable value.i was hoping for Setogucci myself.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I'm okay with Moss as a 4th liner at 800k. What weighs heavily on my heart is the soul-crushing belief that DT will be more "comfortable" with Moss and play him in the top nine instead of a young player on the cusp. It also says we have no plans to bring in outside help. Neither of those things is encouraging.
This year was a throw away year we could have used to see what we have in the pipeline and move forward giving young guys looks. Instead, it's a throw away year wherein we'll embrace mediocrity one more year and have to hope someone saves Tippett from himself.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I have Erat and Doan in Top 6. Leaves Crombeen, Moss, and Schwartz (if he makes team) fighting for bottom 6 roles.

Listen I'm not enamoured with Moss's return. I just view it for what it is. A depth signing at reasonable value.i was hoping for Setogucci myself.

Well, there's also the stuff I'm hearing that Tippett will use Gagner at RW. Which I'm not against at all, but obviously that means Vitale and Chipchura would be our bottom 6 centers. We're going to be hurt when Hanzal goes down.

If Tippett insisted on Maloney getting a veteran who can play his system I'd much rather Don pursued Ott instead. At least he's a general PITA to play against 90% of the time and can win a damn faceoff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad