Morin

Audible Velvet

Jul 9, 2015
Philthadelphia
Really happy for Morin. And really liked his play the last two games. Playing with in himself. Pretty good timing. And crazy long reach
I hope he sticks for a bit so we can see how his decision making holds up. It would be cool to see how he defends entries, passes to get out of the zone, etc.

If anyone wants a "porch clearer", there you go. We know he doesn't mind jumping up or firing away. Again though, not expecting much, but could be a better third pair guy than some we've watched.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
My favorite Hagg-ism this season is — after being THE worst NHL defenseman in relCF% and 4th worst in relxGF% over the previous 3 seasons — he is somehow leading the Flyers defensemen in relCF% this season at +2%. We’ve had a breakthrough! Except he’s still somehow by far the lowest in relxGF% at -4%. Next is Myers at -1.5%. So much for all that Corsi....

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
My favorite Hagg-ism this season is — after being THE worst NHL defenseman in relCF% and 4th worst in relxGF% over the previous 3 seasons — he is somehow leading the Flyers defensemen in relCF% this season at +2%. Except he’s still by far the lowest in relxGF% at -4%. Next is Myers at -1.5%.

He's been the worst defensemen for 3 years, but he had a 9 game stretch where he played the best hockey of his life (low bar) so maybe he turned a corner!

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Except Ghost has played better with Hagg than any other D partner the last three years, and Hagg has solid metrics with Ghost.

There are impenetrable mysteries in life.

Reactions: renberg

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
All this pro Hagg/AV talk could be avoided if my request for a thumbs down button had come to fruition. So monotonous and tiring reading the same contradictory drivel over and over again.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Really shows how the lack of a real TC hurt some players.

In a real TC, he'd have time to get his legs under him, and play a half dozen exhibition games, and maybe win the 3rd pair job, and then Fletcher moves out Hagg or Gus before the season starts.

The whole forward thing was just a way to get him on ice and get a feel for the game while they tried to sort out the defense.
If Morin was a RHD they might have lived with growing pains, but as a LHD they just wanted to sneak him through waivers.

This is why I give a mulligan to the young players this season, they're the ones hurt most by the clusterf--k.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
He hasn't had a single good game as an individual in the batch either. :laugh:

Getting carried the entire time.

Still find it hilarious that because the shit doesnt stink as much as it used to its all of a sudden not shit.

Even more funny is that we HAVE to acknowledge that Hagg may be turning a corner after his 14 games, but Ghost has been dominant in those metrics the entire season, yet hes not a top 4.

I give up on logic, too many curvy roads here.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Still find it hilarious that because the shit doesnt stink as much as it used to its all of a sudden not shit.

Even more funny is that we HAVE to acknowledge that Hagg may be turning a corner after his 14 games, but Ghost has been dominant in those metrics the entire season, yet hes not a top 4.

Can't admit that Hagg is horrible and Ghost is good.

Staff shills have spent way too much time pretending the opposite is true.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Actually, Ghost was playing at a 3rd pair level most of the season until the last ten games or so when he's been on a roll.
Guess he got his wakeup call.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Actually, Ghost was playing at a 3rd pair level most of the season until the last ten games or so when he's been on a roll.
Guess he got his wakeup call.

Again, you know thats not how this works. He would have to be playing at top 3 d man in the world elite to drag his HDCA/60 for the results of his last ten games to move him to be the best player on the team in that metric (and handily, mind you).

Conversely, Haggs metrics wouldn't be still bottom of the team in tbay metric if his play was as fantastic as you're talking about. Ghost was 1 or 2 in HDCA/60 at every point thus season, as @Striiker already showed.

Edit: forgive me, it's XGF% he led ALL YEAR in, not HDCA/60

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Well, the numbers say Ghost is one of the worst offensive defensemen in the NHL this year, both pp/60 and xGF/60.
I want more from my smurf defenseman.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Well, the numbers say Ghost is one of the worst offensive defensemen in the NHL this year, both pp/60 and xGF/60.
I want more from my smurf defenseman.

Smurf d man Ghost is playing better defense than Big Boy Hagg and Superhero Provorov.

It's amazing how this narrative turned. It's OK for Hagg to be an offensive black hole when he's playing defense (hint, he never actually does play D), but Ghost is the best defensive D on the team and all of a sudden his offense isn't sufficient?

It must suck when facts really screw up an agenda.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Smurf d man Ghost is playing better defense than Big Boy Hagg and Superhero Provorov.

It's amazing how this narrative turned. It's OK for Hagg to be an offensive black hole when he's playing defense (hint, he never actually does play D), but Ghost is the best defensive D on the team and all of a sudden his offense isn't sufficient?

It must suck when facts really screw up an agenda.

Of course he's better than Hagg, Hagg's upside is solid 3rd pair defensive D-man.

Do you really think there's a NHL GM who'd trade Provorov for Ghost? Do you think Provorov, despite his contract, would heave cleared waivers?

If Ghost is so good offensively how come he's way down the ranking of offensive defensemen when it comes to both PP/60 and xGF/60?
Maybe he's not as good as some people here think?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad