Morin

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Smurf d man Ghost is playing better defense than Big Boy Hagg and Superhero Provorov.

It's amazing how this narrative turned. It's OK for Hagg to be an offensive black hole when he's playing defense (hint, he never actually does play D), but Ghost is the best defensive D on the team and all of a sudden his offense isn't sufficient?

It must suck when facts really screw up an agenda.

It's unfortunate for Ghost that he has to play on this team, otherwise his stats would obviously be far better. Where he's really lacking is assists, but that's obviously not due to a lack of puck moving/passing skills and players only have so much control over teammates finishing.

And obviously this isn't a problem exclusive to Ghost... far from it. When even a guy like Giroux is playing as great as he is and isn't racking up nearly as many points as he deserves, you know the situation's bad. That's what happens with terrible usage, terrible lineups, a terrible system, and a sabotaged PP.

Also, in case anyone doesn't know, xGF/60 (Expected Goals For per 60 minutes) is an on-ice stat, not an individual one. Meaning it's impacted by the teammates who are on the ice with him and obviously also the system, which would explain why it's lacking compared to defensemen on other teams. The Flyers overall xGF/60 is 2.43 (20th in the league), but with Ghost on the ice it's 2.86.

Meanwhile, Ghost is tied for 6th in the league in Individual Expected Goals per 60 (of defensemen with 500+ total minutes played), behind only Theodore, Ekblad, Hamilton, Carlson, and Hedman. He's also 4th in actual goals scored. He won't keep up this goal scoring pace (20 goals per 82 games), although all the top defensemen goal scorers have a similar shooting %, which would normalize more in a full length season. But the individual expected goals per 60 pace is perfectly sustainable... it's legitimately good and in line with his previous career numbers.

He's simply playing great this year. There's really no argument otherwise.

Last edited:

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
But deadhead said he isnt even scoring anymore back in the good days when i havent had him on ignore list. And all teams in the NHL dont wanted him for free. I think he should retire!

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Can you guys f*** off and keep your bullshit Ghost vs Hagg to a single thread. KthanxBye

This thread is about Morin, the destroyer of worlds.

Reactions: Hakroach

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Of course he's better than Hagg, Hagg's upside is solid 3rd pair defensive D-man.

Do you really think there's a NHL GM who'd trade Provorov for Ghost? Do you think Provorov, despite his contract, would heave cleared waivers?

If Ghost is so good offensively how come he's way down the ranking of offensive defensemen when it comes to both PP/60 and xGF/60?
Maybe he's not as good as some people here think?

You still haven't explained how you think Ghost isnt a top 4 sefensemen despite being the best defensive defensemen - by meaaure of your own admitted statical analysis.

I'd like to cover one topic at a time so when you're ready to explain why you think he isn't a good defensemen but someone else is, I'd be happy to then discuss his (imagined) "offensive shortcomings".

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
I'm not against you having the discussion. But just stick to one thread at least.

This is Morins thread and Morin will burn holes through your head with his death stare

upload_2021-4-16_12-51-41.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad