Morin

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
First star of the game!!!!!!! I think we should protect him over Sanheim.. In all seriousness he was the bright spot tonight. This team actually showed some heart. Now if they can eliminate leaving players wide open we may have something....

Cousins27

Sep 26, 2013
He was really good tonight. Its concerning that management and coaching staff didnt think he could help them on d. He adds an element that we havent had in a long time. If he doesnt get a consistent chance I wont be happy

Defmincex13

Sep 9, 2008
giphy-downsized-large.gif
love it. Shame the league has gone the way of wanting 18 Simon Gagne's on every roster.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Tonight he isn't.... love it
Don’t get me wrong, I’ve wanted to see Morin succeed and become the big defensive defenseman that this team desperately needs but he has made mistakes in the past as far as turning the puck over when being pressed on the forecheck like other Flyer defenseman and his skating was/is kinda slow or an NHL level defenseman could be from the knee surgery’s.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Morin get a shot but in the end I don’t think Morin is a long term solution. The Flyers need to retool just about their entire defense and get rid of the entire piss poor coaching staff.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
We have no real idea what Morin can't or can do.
He basically hasn't played for two years and had surgery on both knees.
On the other hand, he moved pretty well out there.

If you keep your expectations low, he may meet them, 3rd pair D-man playing 15 minutes a night and adding a physical dimension to a soft team.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
Don’t get me wrong, I’ve wanted to see Morin succeed and become the big defensive defenseman that this team desperately needs but he has made mistakes in the past as far as turning the puck over when being pressed on the forecheck like other Flyer defenseman and his skating was/is kinda slow or an NHL level defenseman could be from the knee surgery’s.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Morin get a shot but in the end I don’t think Morin is a long term solution. The Flyers need to retool just about their entire defense and get rid of the entire piss poor coaching staff.

Kid deserves a shot, I think he's a perfect #6/7 Dman in the NHL. Most of our Defense turn the puck over and get beat on the outside.

He's not perfect and everything you wrote is valid but the kid is tough, decent outlet passes, long reach and tough as nails, great for PK. If a coach shows confidence in him I think he can be a valuable player. If your looking to send him down soon as he makes a mistake then you might as well have never even given him a chance. The toughness and PK ability alone should have him in our line up for at least 10 games. If he plays well... keep him if not, he's gone for good. Like I've been posting for last few weeks its worth a shot

Reactions: renberg

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
We have no real idea what Morin can't or can do.
He basically hasn't played for two years and had surgery on both knees.
On the other hand, he moved pretty well out there.

If you keep your expectations low, he may meet them, 3rd pair D-man playing 15 minutes a night and adding a physical dimension to a soft team.
l

amen..... key is to keep expectations low.. He's not Pronger, he's going to turn pucks over occasionally under pressure (like all D especially ours) and he's going to get beat by fast and smaller players to the outside.... its going to happen... Accept those things and utilise his strengths and you may have something real useful for a coach to use. Literally,for now its worth a try

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad