Moose Season Discussion

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I feel like that must be a HockeyDB typo. Everywhere else has him listed 220-230.

Yeah, I see EP has him at 229. :laugh: I don't imagine 6'2 and 270 would skate very well. Still a lot of PIMs though.

A strange batch of signings.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Yeah, too often with the Moose I find myself asking not where do they find these guys but why do they find these guys? :nod:

You still need depth. I mean pretty easy pickings, guys you would have seen from the A, guys our college scouts would have seen. Don't know if we have any university level scouts.

But when you get down to guys who will probably cost the team $500 a week to play in the ECHL, I'm not too worried. The only signing that caught my attention was Desrosiers, and what that means for Holm, who still is not listed on the Jets or Moose roster by Elite Prospects.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Found a couple gems last year in Todd and Malott. Both have NHL contracts now, Todd with St Louis and Malott with the Jets.

Yeah they've brought in some legit talent. I was a bit surprised we didn't sign Nate "Wolfman" Todd to a 2-way contract, for beard value alone.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Samus

Jul 28, 2011
Winnipeg
The only signing that caught my attention was Desrosiers, and what that means for Holm, who still is not listed on the Jets or Moose roster by Elite Prospects.

Holm likely gets a starters share in the ECHL this season. To be honest it’s the best way to go and gets Berdin more games with the Moose. Desrociers being a former second round pick has some talent and will be a more than capable backup to Berdin.
Also consider the last couple seasons where the Jets have brought in the likes of Ken Appleby and Arturs Silovs as backups for the Moose this depth is a vast improvement!

Reactions: Channelcat

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Holm likely gets a starters share in the ECHL this season. To be honest it’s the best way to go and gets Berdin more games with the Moose. Desrociers being a former second round pick has some talent and will be a more than capable backup to Berdin.
Also consider the last couple seasons where the Jets have brought in the likes of Ken Appleby and Arturs Silovs as backups for the Moose this depth is a vast improvement!

I think there is still a chance for Berdin to win the backup position in training camp. In which case it would be ideal to split the time between Comrie and Holm. Or if Comrie gets taken on waivers again, at least there is a veteran who has played pro for a while. But not a word on Holm. Hopefully is in training camp.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
It's interesting how many in the media are fixated on familiarity. I wonder if other cities do this? (Like, when someone moves to Florida or Vancouver for a job, does anyone care if it's familiar or not?)

It's easy to sell familiarity when you are trying to build a family team. Florida sells itself. Vancouver, well they pay more than most teams, so there is the money factor.

Mathil8

▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌
Jul 24, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Looks like season seat holders will be getting free access to Manitoba Moose games via AHL TV this season, nice little bonus for those of us who like to catch some Moose games.
upload_2021-9-8_9-28-11.png

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny

Fast-forward to Oct 2nd, well into preseason and is proving apparent that Jets may need Berdin or Desrosier to step up and backup Helleboy! Comrie is looking like a " street hockey teams' lseer players little brother" thrown in the nets because you don't have anybody else! His HL level play is STILL very sub-par!
He is consistent, tho', 4.?+ GAA in his NHL games.
Alot of them are preseason, too. Sorry Eric, no offence but...stick to the ECHL/ AHL.
Chevy get some :help: please.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com

According to the team the following three players were released from their tryouts:

Colt Conrad
Croix Evingson
Nick Halloran

The following five players were assigned to their ECHL teams:

Philippe Desrosiers (Trois-Rivieres)
Peter Krieger (Indy)
Ty Pelton-Byce (Newfoundland)
Tristan Pomerleau (Newfoundland)
Dean Stewart (Wichita)

Which gives them 26 players in camp.

Reactions: Guardian17

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com

Moose opening day roster (28):

Goalies (2): Mikhail Berdin and Arvid Holm.

Defencemen (9): Johnny Kovacevic, Leon Gawanke, Jimmy Oligny, Hayden Shaw, Ville Heinola, Nelson Nogier, Trent Bourque, Simon Lundmark and Declan Chisholm.

Forwards (17): Haralds Egle, Nicholas Jones, Evan Polei, Dominic Toninato, David Gustafsson, Kristian Reichel, Austin Poganski, Mikey Eyssimont, C.J. Suess, Luke Johnson, Isaac Johnson, Jeff Malott, Cole Maier, Greg Meireles, Todd Burgess, Bobby Lynch and Thomas Caron.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Moose opening day roster (28):

Goalies (2): Mikhail Berdin and Arvid Holm.

Defencemen (9): Johnny Kovacevic, Leon Gawanke, Jimmy Oligny, Hayden Shaw, Ville Heinola, Nelson Nogier, Trent Bourque, Simon Lundmark and Declan Chisholm.

Forwards (17): Haralds Egle, Nicholas Jones, Evan Polei, Dominic Toninato, David Gustafsson, Kristian Reichel, Austin Poganski, Mikey Eyssimont, C.J. Suess, Luke Johnson, Isaac Johnson, Jeff Malott, Cole Maier, Greg Meireles, Todd Burgess, Bobby Lynch and Thomas Caron.

Chock full of Jets draft picks .... on defense. I count 2 F. Oh, and 2 goalies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad