Moose 2021 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Samberg and Kovacevic had a good first period. Activating well while not being too risky, though Samberg did get caught once. Heinola also looking fine. He's made multiple strong stretch passes that were mishandled and given up immediately. Samberg set up McKenzie with a great chance first minute in and McKenzie whiffed on it.

Also Moose totaled 1 shot in the first period.

Last edited:

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Moose's 3D PP unit gets scored on again. Not officially a shorthanded goal against but may as well have been.

Kovacevic takes a lot of penalties.

Reactions: hn777

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
lol 3D PP isn't a terrible idea given how bad the F depth is and giving the PP TOI to prospects... but it's now allowed 2 GA lol
I don't understand why they would go 1D on PP1 and 3D on PP2. Just make it 2 and 2 if you want all of them to get PP time. Having 3 of them play powerplays in a configuration they'll never see again seems like poor development. They look like they don't know where they're supposed to be, especially when it gets back to the defensive zone.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
He's a lefty. The only RH prospect to be excited about at this point is Simon Lundmark. Though I think Kovacevic will make it to the show, but not much beyond replacement level.
Ugh - got that mixed up - thought Kova and Gawanke were the lefties... well that's a bit of a downer then - Mo, Samberg, Stanley, Heinola should have our left side locked down for the foreseeable future...

I think my Nogier prediction stands once again.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
I don't understand why they would go 1D on PP1 and 3D on PP2. Just make it 2 and 2 if you want all of them to get PP time. Having 3 of them play powerplays in a configuration they'll never see again seems like poor development. They look like they don't know where they're supposed to be, especially when it gets back to the defensive zone.
Oh I agree.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Whelp. That was something resembling hockey. Onwards and...onwards.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Did anyone ever expect that Gawanke would look NHL ready? He's a fifth round pick

All three of those guys - Gawanke, Chisholm, Kovacevic are likely Nogier level. Serviceable for a few games if you're desperate.

Buff and Enstrom were both 8th rd picks. So what? It isn't unusual for good D men to come from later in the draft. They have all already exceeded Nogier level.

Reactions: hn777

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Did anyone ever expect that Gawanke would look NHL ready? He's a fifth round pick

All three of those guys - Gawanke, Chisholm, Kovacevic are likely Nogier level. Serviceable for a few games if you're desperate.

If I was to rank all of them at the same age and point in their career while I'd have some in the same tier I would probably rank Nogier the lowest. He got a cup of tea due to extreme circumstances of injuries and lack of depth, not really due to earning it.

I'd go:
Chisholm >>> Kovacevic > Gawanke > Nogier

Whileee

May 29, 2010
If I was to rank all of them at the same age and point in their career while I'd have some in the same tier I would probably rank Nogier the lowest. He got a cup of tea due to extreme circumstances of injuries and lack of depth, not really due to earning it.

I'd go:
Chisholm >>> Kovacevic > Gawanke > Nogier
I agree. I was higher on Kovacevic earlier, but watching several full games this season I can see he has some tools but really struggles to process the game.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Samberg and Kovacevic had a good first period. Activating well while not being too risky, though Samberg did get caught once. Heinola also looking fine. He's made multiple strong stretch passes that were mishandled and given up immediately. Samberg set up McKenzie with a great chance first minute in and McKenzie whiffed on it.

Also Moose totaled 1 shot in the first period.

Do the Moose even have 2 full lines of legitimate prospects or pro hockey players?
1 shot on goal in 1st period over, and guys can't even handle top-prospects stretch passes is just, well, bad.
Poor coach Pascal! Not much there to work with sounds like.

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
Is Dano hurt, I dont remember seeing anything said about him at all this season, but I would expect he would play with the lack of forward depth on the moose.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad