Moose 2021 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
How far away is Samberg?
think most reports are that he's looking a bit inconsistent. game hasn't been airtight. one may wonder how good Heinola and Samberg can look when the forwards are pretty useless.

it's looking more and more that, barring injuries, Samberg's playing the season with the Moose

Reactions: kylbaz

Whileee

May 29, 2010
think most reports are that he's looking a bit inconsistent. game hasn't been airtight. one may wonder how good Heinola and Samberg can look when the forwards are pretty useless.

it's looking more and more that, barring injuries, Samberg's playing the season with the Moose
I think Samberg would be an improvement on 2-3 of the Jets' D right now. Heinola, too. I'd take either over Beaulieu, Stanley, or probably Poolman at this point.

Reactions: boydkc and kylbaz

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020

We will leave both down there just for contract purposes... but there sure seem to be a lot of teams pushing their prospects into NHL action as their development rather than waiting

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
We will leave both down there just for contract purposes... but there sure seem to be a lot of teams pushing their prospects into NHL action as their development rather than waiting

You could probably make the case that less games will affect his second contract, but for Samberg, his ELC won't slide this year even if he plays 0 games for the Jets I believe.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
In college he looked like he'd be Poolman 2.0 but ya he's not quite putting it together in the AHL

I thought he might be Poolman with more size and physicality. I saw him as taking Poolman's job by now. So I am quite disappointed in the reports on his play this year. It sounds like he is not as good as he was a year ago. The weaker Moose team exposing his flaws more?

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
I think Samberg would be an improvement on 2-3 of the Jets' D right now. Heinola, too. I'd take either over Beaulieu, Stanley, or probably Poolman at this point.
which begs me to ask: any advantage to keeping Stanley on the taxi squad vs sending him to the Moose?

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Samberg's contract doesn't slide. There is no contract reason for leaving him with the Moose.

Fastfrde

Oct 11, 2017
Winterpeg
I am still hopeful that once they free up the roster spot being occupied by Forsberg, we will see more of the young guys in and out of the lineup.

Reactions: hn777

boydkc

Aug 2, 2015

I disagree Samberg and Heinola should both be on the jets right now. Samberg needs to get back to the left side and play with Pionk. Heinola should be playing with Demelo. Morrisey and Poolman on the third pair.

The moose have very little up front and spend much of the game in their own end because of it.

Beaulieu and Forbert are not even close to being as good as Samberg and Heinola.

Reactions: jetsairforce

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I disagree Samberg and Heinola should both be on the jets right now. Samberg needs to get back to the left side and play with Pionk. Heinola should be playing with Demelo. Morrisey and Poolman on the third pair.

The moose have very little up front and spend much of the game in their own end because of it.

Beaulieu and Forbert are not even close to being as good as Samberg and Heinola.

They are both getting big minutes on the Moose. Much better than playing 6 a night with the Jets.

Samberg didn't play in over a year so makes sense why he's Moose bound. The lack of a true training camp hurt him. Heinola? They should have played him when he returned from the Juniors but didn't so big moose minutes better than 7 8 with Jets. Also he's 19 and not the biggest guy. A year in the A doesn't hurt.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
They are both getting big minutes on the Moose. Much better than playing 6 a night with the Jets.

Samberg didn't play in over a year so makes sense why he's Moose bound. The lack of a true training camp hurt him. Heinola? They should have played him when he returned from the Juniors but didn't so big moose minutes better than 7 8 with Jets. Also he's 19 and not the biggest guy. A year in the A doesn't hurt.
Why are those the only two options?

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013

Big ol' clapper from Luoto last night. Moose lost 4-2. I didn't watch for obvious reasons but shots were a lot closer than they've been.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
which begs me to ask: any advantage to keeping Stanley on the taxi squad vs sending him to the Moose?

The Moose don't really need any more Dmen. They have only so much TOI to go around.

But Stanley also earned more games.

I am more interested in sending Vesalainen and Gustafsson to the Moose. Both should get plenty of TOI there. Sitting in the PB can't be doing any good for either.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
The Moose don't really need any more Dmen. They have only so much TOI to go around.

But Stanley also earned more games.

I am more interested in sending Vesalainen and Gustafsson to the Moose. Both should get plenty of TOI there. Sitting in the PB can't be doing any good for either.
You're worried that Stanley will cut into Jimmy Oligny's ice time?

Reactions: HannuJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad