Moose 2021 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011

Big ol' clapper from Luoto last night. Moose lost 4-2. I didn't watch for obvious reasons but shots were a lot closer than they've been.

I love those big time slappers, reminds me of the 70s and 80s.

According to the Moose twitter, we started the game off with an early 5-3 didn't capitalize, gave up 2 in the 1st including one SH.

Down 3-0 in the 3rd mounted a comeback, but my guess is the shots were similar to last night's Vancouver game. One team pressing, one team holding on.

I look at the starting lineups, and I cringe.

Heinola-Ogilny?

Going to be a long year for the Moose, if they don't send Gus and Ves down. And not sure if they should, because the kids might be having an impact by being up with the big team, that isn't evident on the scoreboard.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Is Perfetti playing C full time with the Moose?

Their website doesn't include faceoff stats and their roster lists 7 C's, so I'm asking here.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Must be injured or maybe a Vancouver related call? He's been the best forward for the Moose so he's not a healthy scratch for sure.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. If I learn anything on the Vancouver board, I'll report in.

Reactions: Atoyot

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Gawanke has such a heavy shot with great accuracy. Not hard to see how he puts up his points.

EDIT: Gawanke just hurt the opposing goalie by shooting into his chest.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cypruss and hn777

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Good game by the Moose. Outplayed the Marlies but came up short. Some good shifts by Perfetti, but he still lacks strength and speed to make a bigger impact.

Heinola and Samberg looked strong again.

Reactions: hn777

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Good game by the Moose. Outplayed the Marlies but came up short. Some good shifts by Perfetti, but he still lacks strength and speed to make a bigger impact.

Heinola and Samberg looked strong again.

Perfetti looked gassed to me. It's a pretty crazy schedule so it's not a surprise he has games like that.

More speed and strength is definitely needed though. Good learning experience for him.

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
Perfetti looked gassed to me. It's a pretty crazy schedule so it's not a surprise he has games like that.

More speed and strength is definitely needed though. Good learning experience for him.
I think that these junior aged players that are playing in the A right now are going to have such a great advantage in their development. There's no better education about pro hockey available than pro hockey and these kids are getting it early.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Must be injured or maybe a Vancouver related call? He's been the best forward for the Moose so he's not a healthy scratch for sure.

A poster on the Canucks board has heard that he's in concussion protocol. Here's hoping for a quick return. Do you remember him taking a big hit?

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
A poster on the Canucks board has heard that he's in concussion protocol. Here's hoping for a quick return. Do you remember him taking a big hit?
No I missed the game it would have happened as there was a Jets game at the same time.

Reactions: lindgren

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I think that these junior aged players that are playing in the A right now are going to have such a great advantage in their development. There's no better education about pro hockey available than pro hockey and these kids are getting it early.
Very true.
My only concern is that he's not AHL eligible next season. Saginaw or Jets.

Reactions: Oilpeg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad