Post-Game Talk: Montreal @ Washington | 2/20/20 | 7p ET | NBCSN/NBCW

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
That’s pathetic puck retrieval from Backstrom. Not a lot of effort from Ovi either once the puck crossed the center stripe - but Nicky just let Domi have the puck and waltz to the slot

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Embarrassing effort.

The whole push to 700 has definitely f***ed with this team's focus. I have a feeling that as soon as he gets it, they'll find their footing. In the meantime, keep piling up the losses Reirden.

The lack of Barry Trotz is very apparent. He wouldn't allow the kind of effort we're seeing. They clearly don't fear TR.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
I have never been one to push the panic button. I’ve defended Holtby this season and Reirden as well. But honestly I think we need a coaching change. I’d like to see Gallant with this group. Honestly what has Reirden accomplished. The team has been making the same sloppy mistakes for over a year and nothing is changing. Why will it change all of a sudden?

Reactions: Pomee

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Honestly to the man the bad habits are becoming overwhelming. Backstrom, he of the brand new contract, instead of playing Tatar honestly tries to tip the puck away while turning his back to him. Either we made a huge mistake resigning a player who doesn’t care, or this coaching staff is doing a woeful job keeping them grounded and sharp.

BM should be livid, and no deadline pickup is going to change this. Rierden and his staff are a disaster.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
You’re just flat out wrong, but you have your own agenda with Rierden so there’s no point in having a discussion on it.
Well I guess I’m wrong because you say so? I don’t think Reirden is a good coach but I just want the team to get back to playing good hockey again. I don’t care what that takes whether it is a new coach, trades, etc. It might not be all Reirden but he is unquestionably part of the problem, no?

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Starting to get frustrated with this team.

Another bad home loss.

GMBM will Def shake it up I think, before the TDL. And if the team chokes the chicken for the rest of the year and the playoffs?

You all will get your wish and Reirden will get canned. I cannot see a 3rd season of underperformance being allowed.

I personally don’t care. If GMBM thinks Todd is the issue, the off with his head.

Reactions: Heath

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I don't think the chase for 700 is the problem. It's 19/74 playing like ass and 13/92 slumping. Hard to win as a top-heavy team without much discipline when that's happening at the same time.

Reactions: Pomee

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Well I guess I’m wrong because you say so? I don’t think Reirden is a good coach but I just want the team to get back to playing good hockey again. I don’t care what that takes whether it is a new coach, trades, etc. It might not be all Reirden but he is unquestionably part of the problem, no?
Reirden might not be a bad coach, but at this point of his career, he is not a good headcoach. Not everyone is cut out to lead a team.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
3 goals tonight: faceoff, Eller's hardworking freak air-tip, 6-on-5.

Did they create any good offense?

Cohesivenessnessness - it's not there. I guess its looking like even a basic plan of attack isnt there too.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
I have never been one to push the panic button. I’ve defended Holtby this season and Reirden as well. But honestly I think we need a coaching change. I’d like to see Gallant with this group. Honestly what has Reirden accomplished. The team has been making the same sloppy mistakes for over a year and nothing is changing. Why will it change all of a sudden?

What about Laviolette? I feel like he would resonate better than Gallant with a veteran team (it was pointed out that Gallant gets better results with a younger roster).
We won a Cup bringing in a Preds coach, might be worth trying it again. Just, um, don't want it to take as long ;)

illpucks

May 26, 2011
For these types of situations, this is where Burakovsky is needed. He would always step up when team was crap.

Reactions: Firsov99

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Kuznetsov with no confidence in OT. Why didn't he crash the net? He is one of the best danglers in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad