Montreal to wear white jersey home tonight!

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
Why do people keep saying revert back to the original?

Dark jerseys at home IS the original way

White jerseys at home became a thing in the 70s

I'm glad that fad died, the way it is now is the way the nhl did it for the first half of the century

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
I'm a whites at home guy - having been introduced to this when the Buffalo Sabres arrived in 1970. I love seeing the road team in their colors - as mentioned upthread - it adds variety to the home experience. I wish the NHL would go back to this concept.

Reactions: Riggins

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Why couldn't this be against the Jets! Dying to see the Heritage whites in action at home!

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Sounds like the guy thinks he's Jerry Jones, the way the Cowboys seem to like to wear white all the time.

I'd prefer him to Melnyk, but that's a pretty low bar. Meddling owners don't usually turn out well.

Analyst365

Oct 24, 2011
Victoria
Why do people keep saying revert back to the original?

Dark jerseys at home IS the original way

White jerseys at home became a thing in the 70s

I'm glad that fad died, the way it is now is the way the nhl did it for the first half of the century

The first half of the century is 2000-2050.

And the reason people say revert back to the original for white jerseys is because everyone else is dead.

Reactions: Aspirine

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I think it makes the game look different than the game you saw before. Variety is good
That doesn't answer the question. Let me rephrase, do you think more people will want to attend games if they can see different colors? But, what about the same colors. For example, would a Habs fan not want to go to Habs vs Rangers, Habs vs Isles, AND Habs vs Blues, because they would see white vs blue all 3 times? Would they be more likely to want to see Habs vs Devils, Habs vs Isles, and Habs vs Stars, because then they get 3 different colors? Just curious.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Why couldn't this be against the Jets! Dying to see the Heritage whites in action at home!

Definitely would like to see them more often. The Jets will be wearing their Heritage Classic uniforms twice this season. The first time will be on December 31 when they visit Edmonton. The second time will be on February 26 at home against Minnesota on Alumni Night when Lars-Erik Sjoberg and Ab McDonald will be inducted (posthumously) into the Winnipeg Jets Hall of Fame.

:jets

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
I know you're asking why the hell make a thread for this.

Montreal is wearing white jersey home vs the carolina hurricane tonight. it's a demand from the new owner of the hurricane because he doesn't like their white jersey and wants to wear the red one as much as possible.

Montreal accepted.

thats realy odd to me. not that i care.
Maybe the Canes just forgot to bleach their whites.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
It isn't the one night the canes have done this / they wore red every game in cali. I think it's cool tho if they want to bring two sets of jerseys everywhere I'm sure teams won't mind the change up , makes the game more interesting.

I'm sure canes aren't the biggest draw so home whites is something you can market for that day. Even for a team that probably sells out like Montreal I'm sure you'll get a few fans with money to burn buying whites just so they can match .

I was talking about the one night Montreal does this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad