Montreal to wear white jersey home tonight!

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Is there an explicit rule regarding teams not wearing the same coloured jersey? I know obviously it would never happen because it would be confusing as heck for players and fans, but I wonder if it is enshrined anywhere.

Would have been funny if the Habs just said screw it we'll where our reds too and see what happens.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
If Canes don't like their whites, why couldn't they wear their black alternate against the Habs?

In Australian football leagues (AFL, National Rugby League), teams have a main jersey and then an alternate or clash jersey which is only worn if the two teams main jerseys don't contrast enough.
I think they could work in the NHL.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Whites at home are better with special occasion colors. If you have season tickets for Montreal, all of the games the home team wears red the road team wears white. The value of the road team in dark is the games look different one to the next

Reactions: dkhockey

A4T1L6

Feb 10, 2015
Is there an explicit rule regarding teams not wearing the same coloured jersey? I know obviously it would never happen because it would be confusing as heck for players and fans, but I wonder if it is enshrined anywhere.

Would have been funny if the Habs just said screw it we'll where our reds too and see what happens.
Clearly you think the league doesnt have rules and standards. This isnt house league.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Wait so Carolina's owner wants them to pretty much wear 1 colour all season long? lol

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Montreal's white sweater is nice & traditionally is the home jersey for them anyway. Not a huge request more weird because of the reason.

Interesting owner they got there in Carolina.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I knew just from reading the thread title that they were playing against Carolina. No clue why the Hurricanes are so obsessed with doing this but whatever works for them I guess.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018

I believe the rule book only says that home and away jerseys have to be contrasting. The decision to wear colours at home was a business decision so there was probably some formal decision making process among the owners but nothing added to the rule book.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Stupid that the one night they do this the fans in Montreal have to see the colour red on the other side. You can tell it wasn’t Montreal’s decision because if it was they would at least choose a night they could see a diffeeent colour then red and white for once.

Imagine always watching Montreal and Detroit it’s literally red vs white in every home game. It gets tiring sometimes that I wish they switched back 1971-2003 I believe was the time they wore whites at home.

I miss it kind of.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
He also gives zero ****s about screwing people in the housing market.

Pretty sure he was in auto financing, not home financing. Also, being a subprime lender doesn't automatically mean you're screwing anyone over. You can lend subprime and treat people completely fairly, but there's a lot of room for abuse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad