Montreal & Ottawa (7:30 PM) - Sept. 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Yeah, I bet you still think Peter Regin is amazing because of his one playoff year. Im not saying Pageau can be great, its just that a lot of people are convinced he is a total star after last playoffs.

IMO Pageau has been WAY more consistent that Da Costa.

I honestly don't remember thinking Pageau has been bad since he's had the opportunity to play. Da Costa on the other had, one game I think YEAH he's great, then the next he doesn't show up.

Pageau has worked incredibly hard, and he's been at least one of the best players on the ice in the entire training camp, from playoffs last season to prospects tournament to preseason.

The only thing holding Pageau down is his contract, IMO. He deserves a shot on the team.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Has Hoffman even played a game yet? In the words of Jared Cowen "what is the deal with that?"

He played one game.

Maybe they want to do the opposite of showcasing, maybe they want to hide him as they want him to clear waivers.

connor macdavid

Press Box Rat
Dec 24, 2008
Ottawa
IMO Pageau has been WAY more consistent that Da Costa.

I honestly don't remember thinking Pageau has been bad since he's had the opportunity to play. Da Costa on the other had, one game I think YEAH he's great, then the next he doesn't show up.

Pageau has worked incredibly hard, and he's been at least one of the best players on the ice in the entire training camp, from playoffs last season to prospects tournament to preseason.

The only thing holding Pageau down is his contract, IMO. He deserves a shot on the team.

So Pageau's four points in nine games count for consistency?
Forget the hometown bias, Pageau simply is not that good. He MIGHT be a 40-point player. MIGHT be. Da Costa, if he plays the ice time and roles needed for a skill player of his type, has the potential to be a Top Six forward, it's unfortunate that MacLean doesn't see his potential.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Forget the hometown bias, Pageau simply is not that good. He MIGHT be a 40-point player. MIGHT be. Da Costa, if he plays the ice time and roles needed for a skill player of his type, has the potential to be a Top Six forward, it's unfortunate that MacLean doesn't see his potential.

Da Costa is 2 1/2 years older.

Something to keep in mind.

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster

You really believe Da Costa will be a top 6 forward in this league? Really?

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH

Ahhh, the pre-game smack talk has begun :)

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

Do you really think that a guy like Maclean doesn't understand what it takes to make an effective NHL player?

dennilfloss

Yes I love disco!
Jun 7, 2011
Ottawa
dennilfloss.blogspot.com
Will there be head games? Let's hope so.

1Hs1hXF.jpg

PaGEEsBack

tell a friend
Aug 6, 2013
I'd argue Pageau has been the best and most consistent Senator since his call up. There's a reason he's turning heads amongst our fanbase. In a world of Bobby Butlers and Brandon Bochenskis, JG Pageau has carved out a special spot in this franchise.

If we can get a legit French-Canadian star in JGP (1 more than the Canadiens have had in 20+ years) it will do wonders for this team and the growth of it's young fanbase.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Da Costa is 2 1/2 years older.

Something to keep in mind.

3 and half years older. July 89 vs. Nov 92.

I'm just saying, Pageau's nine game debut certainly can't be seen as 'consistency' :P

How so? I don't understand what you mean by him not being consistent. If there was one way to describe his play during his call up it was "consistent". Consistently the first guy to the puck, consistently good in his own end, consistently creating scoring chances.

He played 19 games, not 9 by the way.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
You have to give him a chance to prove he is consistent before you can say he isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad