Pre-Game Talk: Montreal @ Ottawa 7:00 PM Feb. 18 on TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
I placed my first v-bet of the year just now and went all in on the Sens to win. I have faith that this team finds a way to win games they should lose and vice versa.

****** brah.
we're 3 now going all in.

lets just hope Tokarski screws it somehow. :laugh: (its actually very possible)

edit: 'Respect' in MTs words is banned....?? lol

Last edited:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Montreal fans love complaining about how bad their team is but then complaining about how nobody gives them any respect

Such a horrible fanbase

Yeah and it reminds me why I chose to be a Sens fan in the first place. I actually went to a Habs playoffs game in 2004 (against TB, IIRC Lecavalier scored in OT to win the game 4-3) with the intention to cheer for them. Never looked back lol

That being said, Sens fanbase has more potential than it actually shows. Need to develop more loyalty and patience and stop acting like spoiled kids

Xamar*

Yeah and it reminds me why I chose to be a Sens fan in the first place. I actually went to a Habs playoffs game in 2004 (against TB, IIRC Lecavalier scored in OT to win the game 4-3) with the intention to cheer for them. Never looked back lol

That being said, Sens fanbase has more potential than it actually shows. Need to develop more loyalty and patience and stop acting like spoiled kids

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I don't think anyone is really driving home how incredibly horrible Andrew Hammond is. His suckage is being entirely underappreciated. We've had some BAD goaltending down here in Bingo, but Hammond has to be the worst yet. Stats don't lie:

49th of 50 in the AHL with a 3.51 GAA
45th of 50 in the AHL with a .898 sav%
7-13-2 Record.
Let in 3 goals in the first 27 seconds of a game vs. Lehigh Valley

Besides the data, the eye test is even worse. This guy stinks. For Ottawa to go into the year with him as their #3 goaltender is just pathetic.

Goaltender stats in the AHL need to be taken with a grain of salt. Ottawa took a ton of talent away from Bingo over the last two seasons.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I don't think anyone is really driving home how incredibly horrible Andrew Hammond is. His suckage is being entirely underappreciated. We've had some BAD goaltending down here in Bingo, but Hammond has to be the worst yet. Stats don't lie:

49th of 50 in the AHL with a 3.51 GAA
45th of 50 in the AHL with a .898 sav%
7-13-2 Record.
Let in 3 goals in the first 27 seconds of a game vs. Lehigh Valley

Besides the data, the eye test is even worse. This guy stinks. For Ottawa to go into the year with him as their #3 goaltender is just pathetic.

Jeebus that's bad.

Also I remember that Andrew Hammond once gave up 3 goals in the first minute of the game this season didn't he...?

Tonight could get UGLY.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I'm not a gambler, but this caught my eye: proline has the total goals at 5.0 tonight for this game. Bet the over people. Waaaaaaaaaay over. Only way there are only 5 goals is if it's 5-0 Montreal.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
People think Hammond is bad, but how many of his goals was the result of bad defense or just him? I don't watch bingo games, so I don't really know.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
People think Hammond is bad, but how many of his goals was the result of bad defense or just him? I don't watch bingo games, so I don't really know.

Stay tuned tonight!

I believe he's not an NHL-calibre goalie in the least and I feel a couple of bad blowouts are going to get Murray on the phone for a more experienced back-up.

Martin Gerber and Pascal Leclaire still live here in Ottawa!

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Their problem was scoring though, Tokarski was fine

The Rangers were the far, far better and deeper team

They got to play against one of the worst goalies in Lindback but that's not them getting a favourable matchup, it was dumb luck. Boston is a favourable matchup for them but that still went to 7

They still haven't beaten a real playoff team outside of Boston which really isn't surprising when looking at the history between those teams.

They still have a lot to prove

Agreed, plus Stamkos was still not at 100% yet with that broken leg of his earlier.

I think the Habs are systematically sound for the most part.

The players themselves though, are another thing. They have a great talent in Galchenyuk. Subban while massively overrated by Habs fan, is still pretty good. Pacioretty, while annoying as **** and often a cherry picker, can score goals. Outside of that though, they don't have much compared to other playoff teams like Tampa Bay (loaded forward group) St Louis (loaded D, good forward depth), etc. I like Plekanec though, good two-way center.

They don't have a legit 1st liner that can take away a game anywhere on their team currently (I imagine Galchenyuk will grow into that role quite soon. Pacioretty while very good at scoring goals, isn't a dominating presence.). Their defensive group isn't amazing either

Price is very much carrying that team on his back as hard as he can.

I keep telling my dad (life time Habs fan) that Price is an amazing goaltender every time we watch a Habs game. I see Price make unbelievable stops at otherwise sure goals against your average starter. This guy is a beast. I put him up there right next to Rinne and probably above Rinne. My favourite goaltender (excluding Sens) next to Lundqvist

Last edited:

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Agreed, plus Stamkos was still not at 100% yet with that broken leg of his earlier.

I think the Habs are systematically sound for the most part.

The players themselves though, are another thing. They have a great talent in Galchenyuk. Subban while massively overrated by Habs fan, is still pretty good. Pacioretty, while annoying as **** and often a cherry picker, can score goals. Outside of that though, they don't have much compared to other playoff teams like Tampa Bay (loaded forward group) St Louis (loaded D, good forward depth), etc. I like Plekanec though, good two-way center.

They don't have a legit 1st liner that can take away a game anywhere on their team currently (I imagine Galchenyuk will grow into that role quite soon. Pacioretty while very good at scoring goals, isn't a dominating presence.). Their defensive group isn't amazing either

Price is very much carrying that team on his back as hard as he can.

I keep telling my dad (life time Habs fan) that Price is an amazing goaltender every time we watch a Habs game. I see Price make unbelievable stops at otherwise sure goals against your average starter. This guy is a beast. I put him up there right next to Rinne and probably above Rinne. My favourite goaltender (excluding Sens) next to Lundqvist

Take Price off that team and they probably don't get out of the first round. He just gets hurt every playoff anyway, its just a matter of when :P

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I think people dismissing Montreal outright isn't a smart thing to do.

Yes, they have an amazing goalie but let's not downplay guys like Plekanec, Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Subban and Markov.

That's a solid core to build around. My hope is that their management doesn't realize what a mental midget Therrien is and actually hire a great coach. I think he holds that team back in a big way.

Liliaceae

hockey
Jun 21, 2007
Canada

Yes, they have an amazing goalie but let's not downplay guys like Plekanec, Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Subban and Markov.

That's a solid core to build around. My hope is that their management doesn't realize what a mental midget Therrien is and actually hire a great coach. I think he holds that team back in a big way.

Not to mention they have a lucky horse shoe up their ***** quite often, plus the refs at times. They really do have luck on their side and it sucks. Thankfully their luck does run out during the playoffs which is oh so sweet.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013

I'm not dismissing them. I just think that they do not deserve to be at the top of the standings. They should be in a wildcard position. Their offense is garbage. Bottom 10 in the league for goals for. Them and Boston are the only teams in a playoff spot that are bottom 10. They are in fact being carried by Price. Not saying they are not a playoff team. I'm saying they are not a team that should be 1st in the east or wherever they are at right now.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Take Price off that team and they probably don't get out of the first round. He just gets hurt every playoff anyway, its just a matter of when :P
Take him off our team and McDavid confirmed. But it would be the same with most teams in the league if you took away their best player .. .

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Montreal will only go as far as Price can take them. That defense is just atrocious and soft as warm butter. Imagine how easy a defense with Gilbert, Markov, Gonchar and Beaulieu will be to play against in a 7 game series. Yikes.

The only thing impressive about their team is their forward depth but imo, most Eastern Contenders have it better like Tampa, NYR, NYI and even Pittsburgh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad