Pre-Game Talk: Montreal @ Ottawa 7:00 PM Feb. 18 on TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Oh last year - the year the went to the ECF and lost in 6? I agree that they aren't built as well as some of the Western Conference teams, but to write them off as a playoff contender is a little ignorant.

They had favorable matchups last season though.

In the first round, they played against a team with no playoff experience who also happened to have one of the worst goaltenders start in net (lindback).

They played Boston in the 2nd round and the Habs ALWAYS give the Bruins trouble.

Having said all that, i do expect them to at least make the 2nd round, especially if they play the Bruins.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
They had favorable matchups last season though.

In the first round, they played against a team with no playoff experience who also happened to have one of the worst goaltenders start in net (lindback).

They played Boston in the 2nd round and the Habs ALWAYS give the Bruins trouble.

Why do we have to write-off their accomplishments? They are a very good team. The Conference Finals might've gone differently if Kreider hadn't taken out yet another goalie "accidentally on purpose."

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Why do we have to write-off their accomplishments? They are a very good team. The Conference Finals might've gone differently if Kreider hadn't taken out yet another goalie "accidentally on purpose."

I am not writing off any of their past accomplishments, just stating the truth. They did get favorable matchups.

And i doubt conference finals would have gone differently if Price was in net. You don't win if you do not score. I seem to remember them getting shutout in the game that got them kicked out of the playoffs.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

Their problem was scoring though, Tokarski was fine

The Rangers were the far, far better and deeper team
I am not writing off any of their past accomplishments, just stating the truth. They did get favorable matchups.

And i doubt conference finals would have gone differently if Price was in net. You don't win if you do not score. I seem to remember them getting shutout in the game that got them kicked out of the playoffs.

They got to play against one of the worst goalies in Lindback but that's not them getting a favourable matchup, it was dumb luck. Boston is a favourable matchup for them but that still went to 7

They still haven't beaten a real playoff team outside of Boston which really isn't surprising when looking at the history between those teams.

They still have a lot to prove

Cupcheck

May 16, 2007
Binghamton, NY
I don't think anyone is really driving home how incredibly horrible Andrew Hammond is. His suckage is being entirely underappreciated. We've had some BAD goaltending down here in Bingo, but Hammond has to be the worst yet. Stats don't lie:

49th of 50 in the AHL with a 3.51 GAA
45th of 50 in the AHL with a .898 sav%
7-13-2 Record.
Let in 3 goals in the first 27 seconds of a game vs. Lehigh Valley

Besides the data, the eye test is even worse. This guy stinks. For Ottawa to go into the year with him as their #3 goaltender is just pathetic.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
I don't think anyone is really driving home how incredibly horrible Andrew Hammond is. His suckage is being entirely underappreciated. We've had some BAD goaltending down here in Bingo, but Hammond has to be the worst yet. Stats don't lie:

7-13-2 Record.

Besides the data, the eye test is even worse. This guy stinks. For Ottawa to go into the year with him as their #3 goaltender is just pathetic.

He was ok last year though. What happened?

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

7-13-2 Record.

Oh my. I am thoroughly excited to see the carnage tonight.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa

7-13-2 Record.

Agreed, i am expecting him and the team to get lit up like an xmas tree....hope i am wrong tho

DNCarolyn

Oct 7, 2014
Guelph

7-13-2 Record.

Thank you for posting this. All the Habs fans who are whining that they will lose because they're bad against backup goaltenders.. :shakehead

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Thank you for posting this. All the Habs fans who are whining that they will lose because they're bad against backup goaltenders.. :shakehead

Montreal fans love complaining about how bad their team is but then complaining about how nobody gives them any respect

Such a horrible fanbase

Cupcheck

May 16, 2007
Binghamton, NY
I don't typically bet on NHL other than Fanduel, but I made a point tonight to put some $ down on this game. With my luck though, Hammond who has caused me pain for nearly 2 years now will continue the trend and stand on his head tonight and cost me $.

Cupcheck

May 16, 2007
Binghamton, NY
If by "interesting" you mean "dumpster fire" then I'm with you! lol.

You all should feel confident, because I bet against him I'm pretty sure he'll stand on his head tonight. That's my luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad