Pre-Game Talk: Montreal @ Ottawa 7:00 PM Feb. 18 on TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Sounds like the main board could use an "Erik Karlsson is quietly roaring back" thread. Hmmm...

Don't do it! Horrific karma will ensue.

Always wanna beat the habs, no matter what the situation.

Karlsson, Zib line will have big games.

Hammond though is gonna make this interesting, lmao.

Pageau, Prince could be difference makers on depth cause they are perfectly suited to own a team like the Habs.

Agreed on all accounts. JGP always shows up for these games, and Prince's game style could really burn Montreal. Goaltending be damned, I'm excited for this one.

SlyDawg

Feb 12, 2015
Nepean, ON
Whelp. Gonna be at the game so enjoy yourselves this evening. I'm sure I'll be leaving annoyed due to the large crowd of habs fans in our house but what can you do.

Here is hoping for a decent game but dreading the score it will be!

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Whelp. Gonna be at the game so enjoy yourselves this evening. I'm sure I'll be leaving annoyed due to the large crowd of habs fans in our house but what can you do.

Here is hoping for a decent game but dreading the score it will be!

When going to a home game versus the Habs or Leafs, always get an aisle seat. That way, you can casually stretch your foot into the aisle as someone in the wrong colour jersey is going down the steps - preferably when they're carrying a bunch of treats and are preoccupied.

The person with the biggest pile of visiting team fans at the bottom of the steps at the end of the game wins. :D

mattyboy

What Up With That?
Jun 26, 2013
Should be a good game...or exciting hopefully.
tokarski isnt playing well as of lately however, Habs are the best road team in the league.
Good game!

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Hoping to see more of Ceci and PW together - they worked well together and had a very effective game against Carolina.

If that continues we either see PW emerge as a regular or increase interest/value on a trade.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
GDT should include a mock boxing/UFC poster for the marquee goaltending matchup of

Firstname "Budaj Killer" Tokarski vs Andrew "the Hamburgler" Hammond

Marty9

Sep 26, 2007
I'd rather keep the Prince - Legwand - Condra line intact. They were good last game. So the third line would be:

Chia - JGP - Lazar

I'd like to see:

Hoff - Zib - Ryan

9MM - Turris - Stone

Prince - Pageau - Lazar

Condra - Legwand - Chiasson

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
mtl is only good on paper in the game they suck

I'd actually say the opposite. Without Price they are pretty much the same team that we are.

On paper MTL doesn't look really good, but on the ice they play a system that works for them, they have a good team chemistry. (Except for Eller that nobody seems to be able to read) I actually enjoy watching them play, but being from Montreal and a Habs fan growing up, what made me switch sides at a young age (aside from Spezza/Havlat my favorite players with Alfie) was the fact that the MTL fan base (not all, but A LOT of them) are really, really blind. They are so biased and can't ever, ever talk objectively. They are the biggest fan base which also comes with the largest portion of dumb people. All my buddies are Habs fans, so you can imagine what it is like for me on days like that. Last game I made 60$, today I didn't bet, obvious why. Some of them can see the game clearly, but still, even my friends, are biased and don't see anything else aside from the blue, white and red. It's not even a contest anymore though, when we beat them it's cool but at the end of the day, we aren't anywhere close to the playoffs so it sucks. Even though we kicked them out in 5 it doesn't matter anymore.

So, I absolutely love when we win, not because I dislike the team, but I dislike a portion of the fan base so much. EX: the people laughing on Karlsson before last game saying he's 68,75% right now and stupid stuff like that, just to see him burry them with a top shelf clapper right after. I mean I know some fans were annoying with the Karlsson % but it was a FACT, that he wasn't 100%.

Anyway, 2nd game I'll miss this year... I have to work, only keep it respectable please, no 6-2 or stuff like that please. Hammond, hang on tight. GAA of over 4 with ,875% in the AHL last few games, doesn't look well

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

That's why they're second in the league, right? :laugh:

I'm glad we have their number more often than not. But unfortunately I think it's time to realize that those smurfs know how to exploit the nuances of the new NHL to maximize success.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I'd actually say the opposite. Without Price they are pretty much the same team that we are.

On paper MTL doesn't look really good, but on the ice they play a system that works for them, they have a good team chemistry. (Except for Eller that nobody seems to be able to read) I actually enjoy watching them play, but being from Montreal and a Habs fan growing up, what made me switch sides at a young age (aside from Spezza/Havlat my favorite players with Alfie) was the fact that the MTL fan base (not all, but A LOT of them) are really, really blind. They are so biased and can't ever, ever talk objectively. They are the biggest fan base which also comes with the largest portion of dumb people. All my buddies are Habs fans, so you can imagine what it is like for me on days like that. Last game I made 60$, today I didn't bet, obvious why. Some of them can see the game clearly, but still, even my friends, are biased and don't see anything else aside from the blue, white and red. It's not even a contest anymore though, when we beat them it's cool but at the end of the day, we aren't anywhere close to the playoffs so it sucks. Even though we kicked them out in 5 it doesn't matter anymore.

Never, ever say this. If we have to endure ribbings from the Leafs a decade later, I'll damn well cling to this with all my might :sarcasm:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Meh, there is some scoring skill there. Unfortunately this is what we got to work with.

I think Pageau is the one with the most offensive upside of the three and despite that he's still not scoring

It might come for them but I'd like those players to play with finishers because they all three could really use some work on that front

That's why they're second in the league, right? :laugh:

I'm glad we have their number more often than not. But unfortunately I think it's time to realize that those smurfs know how to exploit the nuances of the new NHL to maximize success.

Regular season team

I still expect them to flame out of the playoffs in a spectacular fashion like the last two seasons

Sens92

Jan 21, 2013
Ottawa, ON
I think Pageau is the one with the most offensive upside of the three and despite that he's still not scoring

It might come for them but I'd like those players to play with finishers because they all three could really use some work on that front

Regular season team

I still expect them to flame out of the playoffs in a spectacular fashion like the last two seasons

Oh last year - the year the went to the ECF and lost in 6? I agree that they aren't built as well as some of the Western Conference teams, but to write them off as a playoff contender is a little ignorant.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Here's my line-up :

Hoffman - Zibanejad - Ryan
Michalek - Turris - Stone
Prince - Legwand - Chiasson
Condra - Pageau - Lazar

To me it's actually the opposite. They're mediocre on paper (similar to Sens if you don't look at the name Price) but they get incredible results. They score less goals than the Sens but they are good defensively, I mean Price is good defensively. And they have a seasoned veteran team with a lot more money invested. If someone think they are much better on paper it would be because they think that :

Subban > Karlsson
Pacioretty > Ryan
Galchenyuk > Zibanejad
Plekanec > Turris
Gallagher > Hoffman
Weise/Sekac > Stone
Parenteau > MacArthur
etc

And well said ILLtestoO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad