LeBrun: Montreal not looking to trade Petry or Tatar.

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey
Petry I understand. Tatar, well. You do you, Montreal.

What about Drouin? I know Dater said there's no deal in the works as far as the Avs go, but...

Chris Pronger

Valar morghulis
Jan 20, 2011
Canada
The owner refuses to do any rebuild whatsoever. So bergevin has to go along with it.

And if a rebuild does happen, Bergevin and Julien won’t be a part of it

Reactions: Morrison

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Bargain bin probably got scolded for his bad return on Kovalchuk and told he not allowed to make more trades.

he turned a player who could have been had FOR FREE three weeks ago into a 3rd pick and even though we retain 50%, its 50% of pocket change. How is this a bad return ? this idea of getting a first for him was idiotic on its face as he is essentially back to LA kings kovalchuck

And if the habs are as enamoured with kovalchuck as some of the fans are ( unlikely but anything is possible) , we can try to resign the bag of bones in the offseason,

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I can sort of understand the logic, assuming Bergevin is thinking "re-tool" this offseason.

Bergevin feel that is still believe that the habs can make the playoffs

Toronto and Florida don't seem to want it, so why not?

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Petry I understand. Tatar, well. You do you, Montreal.

What about Drouin? I know Dater said there's no deal in the works as far as the Avs go, but...
Haven't we been down this road before? what are the Aves willing to give up to get Drouin? we don't want any B or C prospects from you and your 1st is a late first so what is it you guys are actually willing to give up that actually HURTS to give up to make the trade enticing enough?

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Bergevin was not going to trade Subban either.....

He wasn't going to trade Kovalchuk for anything less than a 2nd round pick..

:naughty::sarcasm:

Last edited:

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Don't think this is it. Its more that Bergevin knows that even if he is not fired this summer, he is for sure gone next year if he does not make the playoffs. So from his POV it makes limited sense to ship out guys like Tatar and Petry for picks and prospects right now unless he gets an absurd offer which is probably not gonna happen.

I only wish that were true but Molson is clueless enough to keep Bergevin even if he missed the playoffs for another year.

Not The One

Feb 28, 2002
Montréal, Qc.
What would be stupid would be to trade our leading scorer, who is still under contract for another year, for a mystery box.

Trivia: How many 70 point scorers have the Habs drafted in the last 10 years?

Answer: Zero.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I can sort of understand the logic, assuming Bergevin is thinking "re-tool" this offseason.

Toronto and Florida don't seem to want it, so why not?

It hurts our mid to long term future.
It's not good for 90% of our team that is young and needs to be surrounded by more young talent.
Last time I checked winning culture is more important that failing to make the playoffs while also shooting yourself in the foot. The best way to introduce a winning culture is to actually build your team with elite talent and surround them appropriately.

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
What would be stupid would be to trade our leading scorer, who is still under contract for another year, for a mystery box.

Bingo unless an amazing offer you keep those 2 guys that are on very good cap hit and signed next year.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
What are people expecting?!?? Molson himself said he loves "stability" and projects to have a competitive team in "3 to 8 years".

No paper bags, no waffles, all profit. Molson is happy as a pig in ****, so Bergevin has orders not to make major moves. It's that simple, really.

Reactions: samsagat

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014

Pacioretty

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
In my humble opinion, this is the right call for MTL. They shouldn't be selling every single player. They're not bottoming out, so it's a mistake to deal away everything you can.

They have to ice a team, and there wouldn't be much of one if they sell Petry and Tatar.

Fans today are too eager to scorch the earth.

Reactions: Archijerej

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Good for them. You can't trade guys at 25 cents each and get back two dimes and a nickel and be like "We GoT eQuAl VaLuE"

It was better they hung onto them because they weren't gonna get a single player that replaced what they brought

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019

Oh yeah and what are the Habs going to do with a over age 70 point player with one year left? do you actually think the Habs are going to contend in the next 2 years? I don't think so this team is no where close to being a cup contender this isn't even bringing up that we can't even make the damn playoffs to begin with. Get your head out of the clouds this team needs a proper full rebuild we should be trading Price for as low as retention as possible to get his crazy dumb contract off the books and keep Weber as mentor and leader and trade him back to the preds when the time is up but the habs really need a proper rebuild.

Reactions: Vijo Morganstein

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
6pts out of a playoff spot. Maybe he changed his mind and hopes they make it in somehow thanks to the Leafs and Panthers for being so bad too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad