Pre-Game Talk: Montreal @ New York Rangers 7:00PM EST (RDS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
I think Price starts tomorrow. Back to back games.

I would give NYI to Budaj as a reward for a great two matches.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Price has never won at MSG and has been terrible there...

I'd be shocked if we win this game. We always seem to lose @ MSG when we played a game in MTL the night before.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Ya, not looking forward for this game. Traveling after a tight game like this one and playing a good team like NYR. Everything screams loss.

GoHabsGo76

Fire Bergevin
Apr 16, 2009
Hawthorne, NJ
This one would be a delight to take. The Rangers are solid this year. Wanna see the boys get off to a quick start and take the crowd out of it.

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
Ya, not looking forward for this game. Traveling after a tight game like this one and playing a good team like NYR. Everything screams loss.

It was screaming for a loss tonight against Carolina, i see us at least getting a point in NY.

Lizard King*

Habs aren't gonna lose a game for the rest of the season.

You heard it here first.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Looking at the standings, every playoff spot team has won lately, except for Carolina. Sucks that with one loss, we can drop down so many spots.

So true that every game is important. I hope we get at least a point against the Rangers.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
They played a good game last night but it feels like with the Rangers coming on and the Habs walking into an ambush game, the winning steak will end at 4 games. Can't win them all, unless you're Chicago!

PricePkPatch*

B2b game would worry me if not the large number of minutes our 4th line punched yesterday and is likely to punch tonight.

It really does wonder for energy management in this crazy calendar.

1UP

Oct 2, 2007
Québec
B2b game would worry me if not the large number of minutes our 4th line punched yesterday and is likely to punch tonight.

It really does wonder for energy management in this crazy calendar.

Yep. Say what you will about Armstrong and Moen this year, at least they can play dependable minutes that don't hurt the team.

Davebo*

Looking at the standings, every playoff spot team has won lately, except for Carolina. Sucks that with one loss, we can drop down so many spots.

So true that every game is important. I hope we get at least a point against the Rangers.

If Carolina wasn't first in their division, would they even be in a playoff spot? Nip and tuck....

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Yep. Say what you will about Armstrong and Moen this year, at least they can play dependable minutes that don't hurt the team.

I think that's an important and often overlooked aspect of a team's 4th line. Sure it's nice when they can chip in a goal but if they can just go out there and not be a liability, that's important aswell. With such a compressed schedule it makes those 4th line minutes even more important.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
If Carolina wasn't first in their division, would they even be in a playoff spot? Nip and tuck....

In my opinion, yes. They were missing Skinner, Pitkanen and Gleason yesterday, plus Ruutu is injured for a long time. Arguably, if healthy, they're better than the Leafs and Ottawa. Overall, their lineup looks better, personally, than Tampa Bay's, but that's my personal opinion.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
I think that's an important and often overlooked aspect of a team's 4th line. Sure it's nice when they can chip in a goal but if they can just go out there and not be a liability, that's important aswell. With such a compressed schedule it makes those 4th line minutes even more important.

How many minutes did they play yesterday?

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Around 10 minutes for the 3 of them.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a little more tonight.

Cool, thanks for the info. Plus, Moen is doing a fantastic job on the PK. Armstrong, yesterday, had a harder time, but nevertheless, no goals allowed.

Oct 22, 2012
I'm hoping this games creates a playoff type atmosphere, despite being a b2b. Was hoping for the same against the B's. Montreal looked solid last night, on a Monday? Against Carolina? The canes are no slouch, the staals were contained and everything worked out, but who are we kidding, they are not the blue shirts. The Rangers have looked great lately and the habs will have to bring it every shift, which they are capable of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad