Pre-Game Talk: Montreal @ New York Rangers 7:00PM EST (RDS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PricePkPatch*

It's a wonder some of you guys show up to watch the games....

The habs are rolling.. great test tonight... Big stage.. can't wait for the game.

What do you mean? Just because I have to go to bed @ 4AM because of the game doesn't mean I can't tujhioooooooooiojhogsdiohggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Rags are one of the top teams at home. It's a B2B for the Habs. Don't know about this one...

PricePkPatch*

Rags are one of the top teams at home. It's a B2B for the Habs. Don't know about this one...

Prust has been quite the leader in the locker room, from what I heard.

and he had made it clear to the team he wants them to win IN the MSG. If there is an unlikely win to happen this year, it'll be tonight.

Davebo*

In my opinion, yes. They were missing Skinner, Pitkanen and Gleason yesterday, plus Ruutu is injured for a long time. Arguably, if healthy, they're better than the Leafs and Ottawa. Overall, their lineup looks better, personally, than Tampa Bay's, but that's my personal opinion.

I'm talking about what's happening now - not 'what-if'. Their 17 points would only be good enough for 8th or 9th - currently - if not for that rule about division leaders.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
I'm talking about what's happening now - not 'what-if'. Their 17 points would only be good enough for 8th or 9th - currently - if not for that rule about division leaders.

Well now, they're third, because of the division leader rule... If it didn't exist, no they wouldn't be in a playoff spot. However, they had a rough start, and in the last couple of games, won against Toronto twice, New Jersey, and Ottawa... What are we debating about? I don't get it...

Aspirine

Lateral Move at Best
Sep 21, 2010
Montreal
We've only faced weak non-playoff teams, the first real test, yadda yadda. :sarcasm:

When will people accept the fact that we're good here?!

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Back to back game, not sure what to expect tonight but I know the guys will show up and compete hard compared to other years

Go Habs Go

Halifaxhab*

Other than Plekanec, no one played heavy minutes. But Pleks seems to thrive on that. Hopefully he won't be needed as much tonight so he can play a more conservative 18 mins where he'd be the most effective IMHO.

But with a team that wan't pushed too hard as individuals they can go into the game in NY feeling fairly rested. We'll get to see if Galchenyuk can start to step up and trhive in the "big game" scenarios. If he can step up with another big effort with a solid game, in MSG no less, then we can see the Habs pull another one out.

One player we know we'll see step up big time is Prust. I can't wait to see how the rest of the team rally's around him tonight.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Price has never won at MSG and has been terrible there...

I'd be shocked if we win this game. We always seem to lose @ MSG when we played a game in MTL the night before.

Well, I was so blinded by the fact that Hank can't buy a win in Montreal that I didn't even realize this :laugh:

Richards and Gabby have been bad lately (although Richards keeps pulling points out of his ass) expect the to be invisible or come out blazing
Hagelin - Stepan - Nash is the line to watch, they're playing playoff hockey right now

Oh, and if we get a bunch of power plays, we won't score anyways

Viggo Mortensen

Gandalf the Grey
Dec 14, 2008
Gondor
The good thing about the negativism or ''not so sure about this game''-ism that people are displaying is that it won't get to ridiculous on this board if we lose

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
This will definitely be a test. Rags got off to a bad start but are 7-2-1 in their last 10 and are 6-2-1 at home. I'd like the Habs to pick up a point at worst. I think it's a low scoring affair. 2-1 probably.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Rags are going to be a tough team to face. Hopefully we all come out to play tonight.

I'll be here as per usual - hopefully drunk.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
We've only faced weak non-playoff teams, the first real test, yadda yadda. :sarcasm:

When will people accept the fact that we're good here?!

Technically, if we win tonight, all our points will have come from teams below us in the standings... Man, this team is beyond bad! :sarcasm:

PricerStopDaPuck

Jun 30, 2012
Rags are totally either/or. Either they blow the living **** out of us or we make a game of it. Hopefully, we can contain Rick Nash.

The odd highlight reel makes Nash overrated he is good but not as unreal as people think I would worry about gaborik more IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad