Speculation: Montreal is now clearly a seller

Doxinoctae

Dec 16, 2018
He's not going anywhere soon.. Sad but true.
the only few one to go after this season are going to be Larry Carrière and Claude Julien (era change) from what I do understand both are too off-topic to seize the job as it as to be. Wonder if Muller can be introduced as head coach, he is perhaps the only Anglophone on earth to take the job cuz he is captain Kirk (and yes quebecers are ready to tune down the linguistic frontier for him [oh and if that happen hope that HF become a bilingual site for us frenchie that's our national sport after all :P])

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Scandella (50% retained) for a 2nd
Kovalchuk for a 3rd
Cousins for a 4th
Thompson for a 5th
Kinkaid for a 7th
I doubt they get a 2nd for Scandella they only paid a 4th for him and he wants to stay in Montreal, also no one giving up much of anything for Kovy.

Last edited:
Reactions: ivanlwan

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
100% we should be sellers. We should be committed to a rebuild.

I feel bad for Carey and Shea. They should be moved ASAP to contending teams.

I feel bad for Claude. He's been doing his best with a mediocre roster but is likely to take the fall when we're officially eliminated from playoff contention.

I feel bad for the fans, too. We deserve better from this GM and organization.

Instead, MB thinks he can still salvage things when it simply isn't going to happen. Aside from our young and skilled prospects, no one should be untouchable. It's time to begin a new era.

He's a big reason why they are where they are.

Tit

Toast and jam
Sep 23, 2018
With Bergevin as gm montreal has no direction at all. He has no clue what he is doing

The Weird part is with MB, he makes some of the worst trades I've ever seen, then turns around and makes some of the best ones. It's like he's just throwing darts at the board and some of them stick and some of them dont.

I feel for MTL fans. Kinda.

Reactions: Bouboumaster

Gaud

May 11, 2017
We already have the goddam *****es on us with the words can we at least rebuild properly for once ...
haha problem in montreal is that if we rebuild, then the fans will still tear the town down if they dont make the playoffs the year after

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
Scandella (50% retained) for a 2nd
Kovalchuk for a 3rd
Cousins for a 4th
Thompson for a 5th
Kinkaid for a 7th

These are pointless moves with nothing of value coming back. You have to move guys like Tatar, Petry and Byron and get some 1sts back plus an NHL ready RD prospect.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
I have been saying this for a while to my Habs buddy that Molson needs to embrace the scorched earth approach that the leafs embraced a few years ago. The great part is that the Habs already have some great prospects in the system and just need that one or two big draft years to get true superstars.

Trade
Tatar 1st + Blue Chip(retain 50% to get extra value)
Petry 1st + Blue Chip (retain 50% to get extra value)
Kolvalchuk 3rd
Scandella 2nd (50% retention)
Byron if anybody bites
Weise Late round pick
Cousins late round pick

Send KK, Poehling and Suzuki down to Laval.
Rest Price
Tank like you have never tanked and hope you get another top 3.

Doxinoctae

Dec 16, 2018
The Weird part is with MB, he makes some of the worst trades I've ever seen, then turns around and makes some of the best ones. It's like he's just throwing darts at the board and some of them stick and some of them dont.

he is not the only one to make trade i guess, my bet go to Mellanby throwing few punch behind the curtain ;) !

Tit

Toast and jam
Sep 23, 2018
I have been saying this for a while to my Habs buddy that Molson needs to embrace the scorched earth approach that the leafs embraced a few years ago. The great part is that the Habs already have some great prospects in the system and just need that one or two big draft years to get true superstars.

Trade
Tatar 1st + Blue Chip(retain 50% to get extra value)
Petry 1st + Blue Chip (retain 50% to get extra value)
Kolvalchuk 3rd
Scandella 2nd (50% retention)
Byron if anybody bites
Weise Late round pick
Cousins late round pick

Send KK, Poehling and Suzuki down to Laval.
Rest Price
Tank like you have never tanked and hope you get another top 3.
1st and a blue chip for Tatar and Petry what are you on exactly?
Who in their right mind would trade for Kolvalchuk he was available for hot lunch

Wow just wow.

Doxinoctae

Dec 16, 2018
haha problem in montreal is that if we rebuild, then the fans will still tear the town down if they dont make the playoffs the year after
well fans are alright with a busted season but our current overlord pseudo expert stating the «words» are looking for a jump for joy in a kleenex cuz they want playoff push ...

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
1st and a blue chip for Tatar and Petry what are you on exactly?
Who in their right mind would trade for Kolvalchuk he was available for hot lunch

Wow just wow.

Because Kovalchuk is currently showing he can be effective on a team that doesn't have cement skates.

Reactions: xxsciroccoxx

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010

- signing Alzner
- failing to sign Radulov

Both of which happened in the same offseason. Even Radulov, no other Have fan was willing to put forth the AAV I was proposing.

So I'll give you those. But beyond that, what are some of these "worst trades" you're referring to? Please use context of where the team was at the time.

Tit

Toast and jam
Sep 23, 2018
- signing Alzner
- failing to sign Radulov

Both of which happened in the same offseason. Even Radulov, no other Have fan was willing to put forth the AAV I was proposing.

So I'll give you those. But beyond that, what are some of these "worst trades" you're referring to? Please use context of where the team was at the time.

Shaw
Weber
Drouin

Are the big three I can remember.
Sure you could argue they weren't horrible, but I think they are all terrible trades.
Trading Subban seemed purely driven by racism. Maybe not perpetuated by MB, but probably ownership just didn't like him, not quite sure. But the optics were horrible. Drouin deal long term will continue to get worse and worse. Shaw trade is self explanatory.

Most of MB's deals aren't winners, either.

He only has a few that were flat out great (Petry most notably).

Also his signings and drafting have been arguably his worst work. (Price contract is laughable).

He is not a good GM and clearly has no direction or vision past one day at a time and desperately trying to win even though he should rebuild.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad