Montreal Impact Thread XXV and World Cup Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
Logically speaking, doesn't make sense to give the money out right before the game (IF THIS PIC IS TRUE), but a picture is a picture

e9bc73fe8b10332d09e0cdcad01e9df1.png

Well a part of the feud that has been going on between the Ghana players and their FA apparentyl was that the players weren't paid there bonuses...

I didn't even know that the players were paid for the world cup. I thought it was kinda like the Olympics...

Or maybe Boye has been bought to score in his own goal :sarcasm:

bipolarhabfan

Sep 16, 2006
Burnaby, BC
Why a dumb ref? He didn't see the play and why would he take the word of Chiellini, one of the biggest fakers and whiners in all of football.

Chiellini though, true to form of his rep, started writhing on the ground then magically cured, jumped up and ran around whining. It does illustrate the point of the article.

The game was poorly officiated from the start. Uruguay got away with everything that game, including a bite. It is perplexing that was missed. The red card to Marchisio was uncalled for; it deserved a yellow, at most. This ref has been know for making controversial calls, and has given 20 straight red cards in the Mexican League. Google his name, Marco Rodriquez, to read his resume. He has never officiated in the knockout stage in the World Cup, which is indicative of his lack of quality.

As for diving, the Brazilians have perfected it. Rivaldo a few years back in 2002 is the pinnacle of diving in the sport. They get away with a lot because of the aura around the team. As well, if you want to see the king of diving, go back to the late 80s and early 90s to see Klinsmann at his finest. He was a fish out of water during many games. To single out one team, and one nationality, is dubious considering the way that the game is normally played.

As for the games today, they are going as I wanted. Good to see the USA almost make it through.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
World Cup has been superb thus far.
Portugal's World Cup tournament has been far from superb.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Portugal did everything they could today. Proud of them. **** the ref, and **** Pepe for ****ing up game 1 for us.

No one to blame but themselves. Too little too late. But what an effort tonight, although defence was pretty awful.

Ronaldo gave 110% percent. He easily could have scored 4-5.

Church

The last lion
Mar 26, 2010
Montreal, QC
No one to blame but themselves. Too little too late. But what an effort tonight, although defence was pretty awful.

Ronaldo gave 110% percent. He easily could have scored 4-5.

True, but you have to admit that we had NOTHING going for us during the 3 games; Refs with none-calls (everyone agrees that theres at least 3-4 easy penalty that should have been assigned to us considering what penalties been giving for thus far), injuries ( we had to do tons of early swaps vs germany and USA because of injuries and we're playing with 1 leg Ronaldo and to top this off NOTHING went in today. Ronaldo could have scored easily 3-4 more goals today.

Portugal had nothing going for them.

Anyways, time to go back to hockey talk for me.

Zephyr666

Apr 17, 2013
The game was poorly officiated from the start. Uruguay got away with everything that game, including a bite. It is perplexing that was missed. The red card to Marchisio was uncalled for; it deserved a yellow, at most. This ref has been know for making controversial calls, and has given 20 straight red cards in the Mexican League. Google his name, Marco Rodriquez, to read his resume. He has never officiated in the knockout stage in the World Cup, which is indicative of his lack of quality.

As for diving, the Brazilians have perfected it. Rivaldo a few years back in 2002 is the pinnacle of diving in the sport. They get away with a lot because of the aura around the team. As well, if you want to see the king of diving, go back to the late 80s and early 90s to see Klinsmann at his finest. He was a fish out of water during many games. To single out one team, and one nationality, is dubious considering the way that the game is normally played.

As for the games today, they are going as I wanted. Good to see the USA almost make it through.

I'm a soccer/football referee at a relatively high level. You're wrong on that one, that was an obvious red card and this action is considered as a serious foul play. There are plenty of FIFA videos that has been released with similar "spiking" action where the recommandation is to send off the offender.

Rumcajs

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa
How do we go about signing a player then letting him go in a week. Whats up with that!! I would be crushed if that was me.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I feel bad for Krol, he's gonna be released in one month without playing

I feel like the management is playing FIFA 2014 or Football Manager :laugh:

Rumcajs

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa
There must be a conspiracy theory. Mechack asked to be signed for 1 week to generate interest from other clubs to stay relevant since he is a good old french speaker. So they did and now he will get signed

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I get the try-out thing but do they really need to sign them if they're going to be released 2 weeks later? We don't even know if that Krol can be the real deal.. but hey, it's another guy that played for Chicago for a while so let's try/sign him

I'd add..

A few months ago, Saputo/De Santis were pleased with the team they had and they weren't looking for changes. Now, it's like we have one new face every week and they don't even play (on D though). Are they making moves just because they need to move or should they target a few players that will really help the team?

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
My guess on the Jérome debacle ia that Klopas told management he's going to depth this team with our kids.

Just look at the last game, we had Ouimette, Tissot, Miller, Lefebre and Gonzalez at the same time at one point. Personnaly I have no issue with that whatsoever.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Comon guys, calm down. Krol is our 1st real left back since we joined the MLS. The Jérome signing was stupid to begin with. Camara is an elite MLS right back and we have Miller, Ouimette to develop as spares. Klopas is giving all the chances in the world to our youth. I don't see what the fuss is about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad