Montreal Impact Thread XXV and World Cup Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Felt awesome having Ferrari out there again. IMO Danso should of been there with him instead of Pearce. Maybe we'll get to see the Footy-Piscu combination on sunday. Tissot was pretty decent as a left winger too, Ouimette had his best game ever.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Tissot lacks some muscle and experience. He definitely, IMO, has the skill to play in the MLS.

NelloMello

May 10, 2013
Pierrefonds
Felt awesome having Ferrari out there again. IMO Danso should of been there with him instead of Pearce. Maybe we'll get to see the Footy-Piscu combination on sunday. Tissot was pretty decent as a left winger too, Ouimette had his best game ever.

Tissot was decent on set plays other than the one he booted a mile over the night, his game was below average, loosing every one on one battle, he was a rally killer. Every time we moved the ball up, the play would end with Tissot. No creativity, no vision. I'll say it again, he's a marginal bench player, the fact that he continues to play speaks volumes at our depth. Let's please end this foolish experiment. We have players who played in top competition, Lopez in the Premiership and Futty with his country's national team and we continue to play Tissot, Miller etc etc Why the ****** did we get these players in the first place... My brain hurts thinking about this. Only 6 substitutes (1 forward) Yikes...

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Interesting:

OG-AB772_COUNT6_G_20140624210645.jpg
Obviously not true.

Chiellini spent more time on the ground against Uruguay by himself than the chart states for the collective Italian team.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Watched the 1st half only, lots of great scoring chances and they moved the ball pretty well. Hopefully they can turn things around, big point in Vancouver

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
So, how was the game/team/players(IMFC)? I couldn't watch the game as it was way too late for me. I read some posts though like how Ferrari is way better being bals, Guetta being Good, Tissot awful/great :laugh:

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
He didn't even stay on the ground since he got up to go show that dumb ref the bite marks but keep trying buddy!

Why a dumb ref? He didn't see the play and why would he take the word of Chiellini, one of the biggest fakers and whiners in all of football.

Chiellini though, true to form of his rep, started writhing on the ground then magically cured, jumped up and ran around whining. It does illustrate the point of the article.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Why a dumb ref? He didn't see the play and why would he take the word of Chiellini, one of the biggest fakers and whiners in all of football.

Chiellini though, true to form of his rep, started writhing on the ground then magically jumped up and ran around whining. It does illustrate the point of the article.

Let me guess, he is the only soccer player to do that right?

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Fifa needs to change the way it officiates the game. One pair of eyes on the pitch isn't enough. Also, if Fifa wants to cut diving, the officials need to be a bit more aggressive in carding suspected theatrics. It will make players think twice before diving because they were brushed by an opponent's shoulder.

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
Unfortunately, Suarez' punishment comes a few days too late for Italy.

Not sure how the linesman missed Suarez clear lunge with his head to Chiellini. Should have been given a red straight away.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Fifa needs to change the way it officiates the game. One pair of eyes on the pitch isn't enough. Also, if Fifa wants to cut diving, the officials need to be a bit more aggressive in carding suspected theatrics. It will make players think twice before diving because they were brushed by an opponent's shoulder.

I consider Nestor Pitana (USA vs Portugal) to be one of the best referee. His calls were on point. Nani and Ronaldo both and a few other professional Portuguese divers looked ridiculous out there.

HabsFan76

Nov 3, 2011
Canada
I know the Wall Street Journal is usually made up...

What he said was true though. Getting bitten by Suarez doesn't excuse his theatrics beforehand. Chiellini would dive, writhe in pain, and whine all the time at the slightest contact throughout the match.

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
What he said was true though. Getting bitten by Suarez doesn't excuse his theatrics beforehand. Chiellini would dive, writhe in pain, and whine all the time at the slightest contact throughout the match.

So was Caceres. Also Rodriguez - let's be honest here.

7th Player

Oct 8, 2007
www.7thplayer.com
The hate for the Italians is so intense here it's ridiculous. Like it or not, the Italians don't dive nearly as much as they used to. And they played very good tactical soccer.. too bad they don't have strikers. Which was their ultimate downfall against Costa Rica.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad