Montreal Impact Thread XXV and World Cup Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
The game was poorly officiated from the start. Uruguay got away with everything that game, including a bite. It is perplexing that was missed. The red card to Marchisio was uncalled for; it deserved a yellow, at most.

Your statement is just whining. Take off your coloured glasses and homer hat. It was a red card all the way. The referee immediately saw it as a red card, the game announcers agreed it was a red card, the post game announcers agreed it was a red card. If you watch any amount of football you'd know it was a red card. Any spikes up and striking the knee is always called a red card, intentional or not, and that call was correctly made. Check the game with Belgium yesterday and you'll see a similar red card for spikes called against Belgium. The call against Marchisio was a red card and correctly called.

Italy lost and are out because they weren't a good enough team. Period. Accept it and just cut the whining and excuses.

gelu88

Sep 12, 2011
Brossard, QC
Hopefully this Saurez ban ruins their season. Makes them lose their CL Group Stage games + trail in the Prem :laugh:

I expect the opposite. He bit a guy at the end of the 2013 season and was suspended for the first bit of this past season and look at his record since.

I expect that he'll use his 2 months off well and kick ass after.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Comon guys, calm down. Krol is our 1st real left back since we joined the MLS. The Jérome signing was stupid to begin with. Camara is an elite MLS right back and we have Miller, Ouimette to develop as spares. Klopas is giving all the chances in the world to our youth. I don't see what the fuss is about?

You really don't see what the fuss is about?

- We ****ing suck defensively.
- Our core is freaking old (Bernier, Di Vaio, Perkins).
- We got rid of Brovsky for nothing.
- We lost Valentine and Bernardello for nothing.
- We loaned Messoudi (who can't crack Ottawa) and Smith (he looks like a world beater with his new club) when we lack depth at their respective position (moreso at LMF if the Piatti dream materializes).
- We picked up several rejects (Krol, Jerome, Larrea, Pearce).
- We have no class (what we did to Brovsky, what we did to Jerome).
- We have no identity, no structure, no long-term plan. NDS was a clown back in the D2 days and he still is a clown. The only difference being that now he doesn't have the biggest budget in the League. The piece of **** has to go.
- Sure, the kids play, but outside of Ouimette we shows steady improvement they mostly suck (Lefevre had a great camp, but he has been soso since and he is 25).
- We are last.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
I like Larrea so far. Only one game of course, but was impressed by his instincts.

How many players look awesome during their first game to then vanish... it happened to Paponi, Bernardello, Pisanu etc... wouldnt be surprised to see the same with him... it seems like this team as lost its integrity players dont push themself.

And there a lots of rumours about Piatti now, i think Saputo will end up with is foot in his mouth about Piatti. Was reading multiple argentinian articles saying he is receiving offers from croatia, atletico, and santos (who removed their bid, apparently Piatti wants at all cost to play in the copa libatores... Bernardello is gone Di Vaio almost doesnt play... our team is a joke.. i just hope Joey Saputo is trying to make a huge push to get 2 world level players cause at this rythm they wont be more than 5k spectators each game even at saputo (yeah i know im exagerating).

gelu88

Sep 12, 2011
Brossard, QC
You really don't see what the fuss is about?

- We ****ing suck defensively.
- Our core is freaking old (Bernier, Di Vaio, Perkins).
- We got rid of Brovsky for nothing.
- We lost Valentine and Bernardello for nothing.
- We loaned Messoudi (who can't crack Ottawa) and Smith (he looks like a world beater with his new club) when we lack depth at their respective position (moreso at LMF if the Piatti dream materializes).
- We picked up several rejects (Krol, Jerome, Larrea, Pearce).
- We have no class (what we did to Brovsky, what we did to Jerome).
- We have no identity, no structure, no long-term plan. NDS was a clown back in the D2 days and he still is a clown. The only difference being that now he doesn't have the biggest budget in the League. The piece of **** has to go.
- Sure, the kids play, but outside of Ouimette we shows steady improvement they mostly suck (Lefevre had a great camp, but he has been soso since and he is 25).
- We are last.

You have a number of good critiques, but it's really not that bad.

-We just shut out of of the best offenses in the league(albeit currently rusty) so i'm reserving judgment till Sunday.
-Perkins and Bernier are not "freaking old" and Di Vaio already has a repacement in Jack Mac.
-True enough for Brovsky

-We loaned Valentin right? I wasn't aware we didn't get anything back when they signed him. But we had only signed Bernardello till June, that's why he was cheap. Not worth an extension IMO.
-I don't get it, if Messoudi can't crack a Ottawa lineup coached by an excellent developmental guy like Dos Santos, why would you want him behind our long(if shallow) D depth? And i'm reserving judgment on Loaning Smith till August. If the new group holds then loaning him was a good idea.

True enough on the rest, but I'm not nearly as fed up with the FO as you seem to be.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
If we rely less on those less experience players we could go somewhere and now I see why Schalli never played any of them, to say he was taking the blame for it. They are simply not good enough, not all of them but a vast MAJORITY.

He was a true coach, I miss him.

DicAnns

Mar 7, 2006
Montreal
www.canadiens.com
Anyone know of a terrasse that shows the WC games on outdoor screens?

I want to catch the games today, but I don't want to stay indoors with this beautiful weather!

I know there are a few places like Olimpico where people gather outside, but there are no actual screens.

Riverside Habs Fan

Dec 23, 2006
Montreal
Anyone know of a terrasse that shows the WC games on outdoor screens?

I want to catch the games today, but I don't want to stay indoors with this beautiful weather!

I know there are a few places like Olimpico where people gather outside, but there are no actual screens.

Frappé on St. Laurent has a terrace in the back.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Should Chile manage to score in the last 15 minutes, that non hand ball call will be huge. Ref better hide if that's the case.

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
"The call against Marchisio was a red card and correctly called."

Actually Kristian Jack and James Sharman, hardly Italy fans, both disagree.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
"The call against Marchisio was a red card and correctly called."

Actually Kristian Jack and James Sharman, hardly Italy fans, both disagree.
Are you still whining about this? Italy tried to draw. It backfired. Too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad