Montreal Impact Thread XXV and World Cup Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
The hate for the Italians is so intense here it's ridiculous. Like it or not, the Italians don't dive nearly as much as they used to. And they played very good tactical soccer.. too bad they don't have strikers. Which was their ultimate downfall against Costa Rica.

What's their problem Destro and El Shaarawy? They could have helped as subs, bringing some energy.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
The hate for the Italians is so intense here it's ridiculous. Like it or not, the Italians don't dive nearly as much as they used to. And they played very good tactical soccer.. too bad they don't have strikers. Which was their ultimate downfall against Costa Rica.

I still hate them.

Also if Portugal wins by 4 at some point in the game I'm going to lose my ****.

NelloMello

May 10, 2013
Pierrefonds
Why not? Doesn't have to be rational. And you could rehash the same reasons why people hate Portugal.

I don't despise Portugal, they have a lot of quality players but they are average at best these days even with Ronaldo. I just wish he would stop diving, i'd like him even more. That's my opinion

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
what an incredible save......... Ok maybe not as incredible. Ronaldo directly headed at the goalie.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I don't despise Portugal, they have a lot of quality players but they are average at best these days even with Ronaldo. I just wish he would stop diving, i'd like him even more. That's my opinion

They've always had amazing offense, can you imagine a mix of Portugal's offensive mind with Italy's defensive one? Would be unbeatable

As for Ronaldo he get's 9/10 calls, that's why he is always on the floor. Most stars do it. Stop the play sets up free kicks and that's where they're dangerous

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
Logically speaking, doesn't make sense to give the money out right before the game (IF THIS PIC IS TRUE), but a picture is a picture

e9bc73fe8b10332d09e0cdcad01e9df1.png

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
He didn't even stay on the ground since he got up to go show that dumb ref the bite marks but keep trying buddy!
He stayed on the ground a little before going to show the bite mark.

It was the two or three times before that I was talking about though.

Bye Italy. :)

Stanley Cup

Bettman's ice bucket
Jul 15, 2010
Québec
Germany leading 1-0, Ghana-Portugal is tied at 1-1. Does that mean if Ghana scores once more they tie the USA for points and goals differential?

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
Destro was a coaches decision and El Shawary was hurt all year. I think he played 2-3 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad