Diop(1/2)

ZBG/Fanni(Lappalainen)/Binks/Corrales

Piette(Urruti)/Wanyama/Taider

Okwonkwo(Raitala)/Quioto/Bojan(AJH)

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#Henry-PostGameConference(20/07/25)
“Yes, we do have to improve, that’s for sure. But we’re only five games into the league season and obviously we had games here, but it’s still early for me here. The process is still on. We still have to try to find the right balance defensively and offensively… We need to find the right balance.
I don’t know if you follow us since the beginning of the season, but we score goals. Have a look. We score goals, but we also concede. So we've to find the right balance. But I just arrived here.”

“It’s like the end of a preseason. Obviously, some things can be improved. I'm proud of my players. We came here, we did what we did despite having restarted to train later than other teams. And we're in a playoff position.”

#Piette-PostGameConference(20/07/25)
“I think the fact that we didn’t win our battles and we were always a step behind in everything, it played hard on our team and we couldn’t really catch up, especially in the first half. I‘m not blaming fatigue or tactics. It’s just individuals that we've to look at ourselves in the mirror and we've to give more for this badge and this club.”

“I don’t think we’re a defensive team or offensive team. We try to keep clean sheets and try to score as many goals as possible. Like I said, sometimes it doesn’t go your way... It’s just how the game came up and how we played as individuals, as well. We weren’t creating enough offense as we wanted to. I don’t think it’s the coach’s fault or tactics or the way we’re playing. That’s not the case at all.”

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I think people got a false sense of optimism based on the CCL results and a win+tie against two not great teams and forgot what this team was about leading up to the season and the complete lack of optimism despite the Henry hire. They team did not do great in the CCL. They got lucky in both of the opening round games and would not have won the 2nd leg of round 2. It was said before the season started that Henry would need at least two transfer windows before he could really put his stamp on this team and that still applies. We have an unbalanced team with too many players who play the same role up front, not enough ball distributing midfielders, and barely a back line. How many "forwards" does this team have who are in the same mold that can play at most two positions. Do we have a legit striker or at least someone in the middle who's a consistent scoring threat? How many actual midfielders do we have that can move the ball and play solid defensively? Who do we have in the back that can play a regular starting role?

Right now we're asking Henry to turn chicken **** into chicken salad. Not even Sir Alex Ferguson could get this team to be anything than what it is. A disaster.

I've seen people posting their top 5 players to get rid of so I'll add mine.
Taider (doesn't run the field, I think he's placed the ball twice in the past two years where it's supposed to go off a corner/free kick)
Piette (great hustle but that's it. Can't pass, can't shoot, too small)
Urruti (I don't even know. I mean I could still see him being successful in a pure striker role but he always runs around too much and gets lost and confused. Time to move on.
Corrales (what exactly does he do?)
Fanni (only because he's 38 and it's time. He's given everything he has but they need to replace him.

I mean there are more but they're all complimentary players or subs so whatever.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
I think people got a false sense of optimism based on the CCL results and a win+tie against two not great teams and forgot what this team was about leading up to the season and the complete lack of optimism despite the Henry hire. They team did not do great in the CCL. They got lucky in both of the opening round games and would not have won the 2nd leg of round 2. It was said before the season started that Henry would need at least two transfer windows before he could really put his stamp on this team and that still applies. We have an unbalanced team with too many players who play the same role up front, not enough ball distributing midfielders, and barely a back line. How many "forwards" does this team have who are in the same mold that can play at most two positions. Do we have a legit striker or at least someone in the middle who's a consistent scoring threat? How many actual midfielders do we have that can move the ball and play solid defensively? Who do we have in the back that can play a regular starting role?

Right now we're asking Henry to turn chicken **** into chicken salad. Not even Sir Alex Ferguson could get this team to be anything than what it is. A disaster.

Taider (doesn't run the field, I think he's placed the ball twice in the past two years where it's supposed to go off a corner/free kick)
Urruti (I don't even know. I mean I could still see him being successful in a pure striker role but he always runs around too much and gets lost and confused. Time to move on.
Fanni (only because he's 38 and it's time. He's given everything he has but they need to replace him.

I mean there are more but they're all complimentary players or subs so whatever.

I agree with this, but Henry is not a good coach.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
he still has ok record so far, 2-2-1

however, 2 pts for 2nd position, 3 pts for 3rd to last position lol

Lmao
He's got 2 wins in 9 games how is that an ok record ? If it weren't for Taider lucky shot and mainly Diop saving this team he would be at no win in 8 games.

Most of the goals were lucky goals, bad giveasays with no real construction. Won't end well for Henry if it keeps going

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
Lmao
He's got 2 wins in 9 games how is that an ok record ? If it weren't for Taider lucky shot and mainly Diop saving this team he would be at no win in 8 games.

Most of the goals were lucky goals, bad giveasays with no real construction. Won't end well for Henry if it keeps going

oh look at that, casually ignoring how your MLS invincibles got crushed

Reactions: QuebecPride

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

It just sucks to be in the bottom third. We have to accept that it's where this team belongs, but I myself always hope for the best. Orlando had a good tournament, but they've always been a team we could beat. They did spend on some good DPs. Unlike MTL who always goes on the free transfers :(

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
Read an interesting thought: Players who thrive in MLS are north south players. Look at anyone. Prime example is Almiron. Davies. Drogba. Giovinco. Players that are more East-West will always struggle in this league, unless they have a noticeable above average footbal IQ (Piatti, Pirlo, Etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad