OT: Montreal Impact Thread - #MLSisBack or #MLSisn'tBack Tournament? Edition

Which #?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

willzyix

Jul 16, 2020
Disappointing tournament but expected result. Impact weren't going to get by SEA/LAFC anyway. I understand Henry wanting to impose his style of play on the team, but we're not suited to it at all. The spine of this team was built for Garde's tactics and it shows that they have no idea wtf to do with the ball.

I'm curious to see if Kizza can shore up his side of the defence and what other acquisitions Henry wants to make. We really need an impactful forward and a #10 to link up in the attacking third. Everything we do is either a long cross or forcing to Okwonkwo/Urruti to make runs. Boring as hell and super ineffective. Taider can't be the guy in charge of running the attack. Henry looked bad this tourney as well but I'll give him another Mercato to see what he's looking to do/accomplish and what kind of rope the org. gives him in terms of finances.

I understand the Bojan frustration but he's not a Piatti who's going to create chances by himself. He either makes runs and no one sees them or they can't put a ball through to him. We're just too static and predictable with the ball, and that's a collective issue.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
A cheater is a cheater there's not really any other opinion to have on someone like him.

Really? Because of the handball against Ireland? Ref should have just called it. What’s he going to do, tell them to refuse the goal?

Anyways, what’s the point of Bojan? What an awful signing.

JtotheC

Apr 29, 2011
Montreal
Bojan is underwhelming. He doesn't have "it", and his peak was during his teen years. I still remember when Bojan was picked ahead of Henry at Barcelona. I know Bojan has some issues mentally but he is not DP worthy.

Taider is not DP worthy either. I think he is a goner. His family is back in France. I expect him to follow suit at the end of the season.

I think we will have a complete overhaul next season.

At least we are 5th in the east and still in the QF of CONCACAF..

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Really? Because of the handball against Ireland? Ref should have just called it. What’s he going to do, tell them to refuse the goal?

I don't expect him to make them call it back but he's still a cheat. I don't expect the Astros to give up their world series title but they're still cheaters.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Bojan is underwhelming. He doesn't have "it", and his peak was during his teen years. I still remember when Bojan was picked ahead of Henry at Barcelona. I know Bojan has some issues mentally but he is not DP worthy.

Taider is not DP worthy either. I think he is a goner. His family is back in France. I expect him to follow suit at the end of the season.

I think we will have a complete overhaul next season.

At least we are 5th in the east and still in the QF of CONCACAF..

How do you go from bringing over guys like Di Vaio, Nesta and Drogba (two of whom are legends) to Bojan? It’s really making a move for the sake of making it.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Bojan is a flop. Although he would’ve looked better behind a real 9 but he hasn’t shown enough to warrant a DP contract.

Also Taider’s time is up with IMFC. Need a real 8 or 10.

Wanyama and Piette commbo doesnt work it’s pretty clear. Need to choose one for good.

Not impressed with Henry so far.

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal

I believe Bojan would be more effective in another setup instead of a 5-3-2 used primarily by Henry so far. Few options (or help) for Bojan on the offense especially if the LB/RB (ZBG or Corrales) do not support the offensive well. In a 4-3-3 I think he looks better, but again, the options can be slim especially if the wingers have a bad game as was the case yesterday with Quioto and Onkwonkwo (Bojan also probably deserves his share of blame no doubt, but more often than not, I feel like he's usually on his own).

I think Bojan would perform better in a 4-2-3-1 pattern where he would be used as an attacking midfielder with two wingers and a player playing at the forefront. He's not Piatti to use him alone (or pretty much) on the attack. Not the same type of player at all (or the same talent).

Reactions: ArtPeur

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
And why not a 4-2-3-1 formation? Is it not possible?

Diop

ZBG - Fanni (or Raitala) - Binks - Kizza (hoping he is good!)

Wanyama - Taider (or Piette)

Onkwonkwo - Bojan - Lappalainen (or Quioto)

Urruti (or Jackson-Hamel)

Last edited:

Rumcajs

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa

Agreed, Bojan has been incredibly irrelevant. Makes Bernardello look like quality.

Pick 5 to Transfer Out/Release:
-Bojan
-Urruti
-Tabla
-Corrales
-Camacho

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Agreed, Bojan has been incredibly irrelevant. Makes Bernardello look like quality.

-Bojan
-Urruti
-Tabla
-Corrales
-Camacho

Tabla doesn't cost anything at least (aside from roster spot).

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2020-7-26_12-58-15.png

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal

-Bojan
-Urruti
-Tabla
-Corrales
-Camacho
Taider's name should be on every list! And Camacho! I would be more patient with Bojan and put him in a position to be successful. We know what to expect with Taider and it's not worth much! Urruti is not worth much either!

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
You guys are pretty brave to still watch IMFC, I rather watch Gigli again than Impact :laugh:

I warned everyone about Bojan last year, he has been on my fraud list since 2012. Posing as a good player, the guy who could be the X factor ending up being the zZzz factor. He is released by the end of the year.

I see a lot of people asking Wanyama to be played as CM. This guy has no more legs. He is done. Lets get the best out of him and whats left in him as CDM to then being converted as CB. Im pretty sure he will call it quits the day his contract expires.

Although Corrales is pretty limited himself and Urruti should not be the first guys out. At least, they both count as domestic and imo nothing more than rotation players, just one is way too expensive. Kizza will surely be an upgrade.

here is My top 5 to get rid this year in that order.
Taider
Bojan
Fanni
Camacho
Urruti

Taider's name should be on every list! And Camacho! I would be more patient with Bojan and put him in a position to be successful. We know what to expect with Taider and it's not worth much! Urruti is not worth much either!

Whats fascinating is that under Wilmer, Taider was playing like a DP. Camacho was playing very well too... Bojan was effective scoring nice goals and Wilmer had no Wanyama or Quioto :huh:

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Whats fascinating is that under Wilmer, Taider was playing like a DP. Camacho was playing very well too... Bojan was effective scoring nice goals and Wilmer had no Wanyama or Quioto :huh:

I find this common with coaches that either want to get the best out of their players or try to impose a style/system on their players. Henry is still inexperienced as a coach.

Reactions: JunglePete

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
when is the window transfert for this summer ?

Don’t expect much. It’s a wasted year anyway and with all the budget cuts of late I honestly don’t expect any signing. Especially when you don’t even know if we will finish the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad