OT: Montreal Impact Thread - #MLSisBack or #MLSisn'tBack Tournament? Edition

Which #?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Something doesnt add up when you trail by one goal and you have offensive black holes like Saphir Taider and Samuel Piette playing that high, as #8s should, but the personnel is not congruous with the tactics.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Taider doesn't know how to push the play forward. 95% of his passes are either lateral or to the back. I understand he doesn't have options at times. But at times, it's like he doesn't know what to do if he sees space in front of him.

That bad give away in the end was a great example. He has the ball and he's facing his own end. The Orlando player presses him, but takes the inside track to catch him off guard if he passes it back. That leaves the outside lane wide open. So instead of faking him out, turning around and having all that space to push forward, he passes it back and right to the feet of the waiting Orlando player.

King Makar19

Dec 5, 2019
Borjan is just not good....same guy who coulndt do shit at Stoke.... good technique. 0 end product

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Taider doesn't know how to push the play forward. 95% of his passes are either lateral or to the back. I understand he doesn't have options at times. But at times, it's like he doesn't know what to do if he sees space in front of him.

That bad give away in the end was a great example. He has the ball and he's facing his own end. The Orlando player presses him, but takes the inside track to catch him off guard if he passes it back. That leaves the outside lane wide open. So instead of faking him out, turning around and having all that space to push forward, he passes it back and right to the feet of the waiting Orlando player.

I feel like he's getting worse every year. ffs. Tonight, Piette was a better #8 than Taider. This isn't right.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I feel like he's getting worse every year. ffs. Tonight, Piette was a better #8 than Taider. This isn't right.

That is true. Piette was probably the only one who was trying to accomplish something offensively. But we know he is limited and can't be depended on creating.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Borjan is just not good....same guy who coulndt do shit at Stoke.... good technique. 0 end product

He's not going to be back. I'm not sure if I heard this right but I believe his contract options would make him a DP. No way he's getting that right now. He would need much more support around him to make him look better.. like a proper 9 and 10. (but even then)

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Bojan has been a big let down but in a lot of ways I don't even think he carries a lot of the blame. He's a guy that needs to play a certain type of football and the roster/system aren't built for that at all.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
The Impact is in perpetual transition. One year its the coach, the other year its the players.

This year was supposed to be the players, but next year it will be Henry. He wont last very long.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Taider, Bojan needs to gtfo.
Raitala can stay if he somehow gets a green card.
Fanni will be done.
Corrales should go.

Aside from Canadian Championships, I'm not sure if there's room for Choinière and Bayiha... but maybe they would give more of a **** than some players on the field (well mostly one guy).

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
The Impact is in perpetual transition. One year its the coach, the other year its the players.

This year was supposed to be the players, but next year it will be Henry. He wont last very long.

Wanyama won't stick around for long neither
Binks will probably stay as he gets playing time but he's likely gone in 2 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad