Montreal Impact Thread L - L for leglock

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Yeah he's so good. All the honduran pressure in midfield was on him and he rarely lost the ball.. Absolute boss.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
This Canadian team is not bad. Piette impressed me a lot

Me too, I have never really payed attention to him but he impressed me last night. He will a good successor to JDG. That Canadian team has lots of potential, only big flaw is the miscommunication between defenders and the midfield & I guess that will come with time and games played.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Sadly, I don't think Canada is better than any team coming out of Group B, the US, Mexico and Trinidad & Tobago.

We'll probably go to the Hex and finish last there.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Sadly, I don't think Canada is better than any team coming out of Group B, the US, Mexico and Trinidad & Tobago.

We'll probably go to the Hex and finish last there.

Even though I agree with you, it's not about having a better team, it's about playing better and luck. Thankfully, we don't play 30 games where your place is totally deserved but we play in this round 6 games. So far, so good. We have to look match-by-match and be optimistic.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Why the Impact aren't doing everything to attract Piette I will never understand.

Piette will never come to NA at this point of his career. Piette would be the ideal CM we need, probably non-DP, but it would be a stupid move for Piette. He has a much better chance to fulfil his potential playing in europe.

Dec 2, 2010
Piette will never come to NA at this point of his career. Piette would be the ideal CM we need, probably non-DP, but it would be a stupid move for Piette. He has a much better chance to fulfil his potential playing in europe.
I don't think he has that kind of quality imo but he's young and will try. Good for him.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
We have JGL in the same position with possibly more potential. Signing Piette at this moment will be trouble. The man is already in Europe, I'd say leave him till he decides he wants to come back and who knows maybe in 2 years he might play in the 1st div.

gelu88

Sep 12, 2011
Brossard, QC
Canada has not gotten to the Hex in forever, so that alone is a reasonable result overall.

And yeah, 4 of 6 teams that make the hex can make the WC (4th plays New Zealand in a playoff). It's full double round robin, so 10 matches. It only takes one or two to go our way to give us a shot.

Last time Mexico was on the brink of elimination. They were reduced to watching the USA and hope for a draw vs Panama. Grahm Zuzi scored in the 92nd minute and (I kid you not) there were full page ads in Mexican papers thanking him.

CONCACAF is weird.

Seriously, read this story: http://www.espnfc.us/team/mexico/20...k-on-the-night-the-united-states-saved-mexico

CONCACAF is weird.

habsfan11

Jul 1, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Canada has not gotten to the Hex in forever, so that alone is a reasonable result overall.

And yeah, 4 of 6 teams that make the hex can make the WC (4th plays New Zealand in a playoff). It's full double round robin, so 10 matches. It only takes one or two to go our way to give us a shot.

Last time Mexico was on the brink of elimination. They were reduced to watching the USA and hope for a draw vs Panama. Grahm Zuzi scored in the 92nd minute and (I kid you not) there were full page ads in Mexican papers thanking him.

CONCACAF is weird.

Seriously, read this story: http://www.espnfc.us/team/mexico/20...k-on-the-night-the-united-states-saved-mexico

CONCACAF is weird.

They changed the playoff this year. 4th place team in Concacaf plays the 5th place team from the AFC.

gelu88

Sep 12, 2011
Brossard, QC
They changed the playoff this year. 4th place team in Concacaf plays the 5th place team from the AFC.

Checked the AFC rankings. here are the 5th to 8th spots.

5 67 United Arab Emirates
6 71 Uzbekistan
7 80 Saudi Arabia
8 82 Jordan

all these teams are reasonably even vs us. and the 5th and 6th best teams in CONCACAF are similarly ranked.

Not gonna be easy obviously, but getting to the WC isnt as ridiculous as it seems.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
While plausible, making it to the World Cup would still be an upset. In my opinion, the next cycle is when things will start getting interesting for us.

Let's remember that we only have 3 first-division teams and 5 pro academies (all of which have been running in their current format for less than 10 years). Our federation is also a joke. Things are getting in order and the sport is quickly growing in our country. Once the kids that have been trained by pro academies since they were 8-9 years old start reaching the pro, we will be competitive and making it to the World Cup should a goal, not a surprise.

Patience my friends, we are on our way. For a country as big and as rich as us, if we continue to get our act together, it is only a question of time.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
One thing we should take advantage of is our climate. Develop some decent futsal leagues. Futsal helps by having to work in tight spaces. You need quick thinking, passing and good technical skills.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I was thinking after seeing Taylor Twellman tweeting that Will Johnson won't come back for Portland, why not sign him ? He is the perfect CM upgrade over Donadel and NRC, is Canadian so you know more people in Montreal will watch Canada games because atm, we have no players representing the country (don't count Lefevre, he is like the 6th CB) and it's kind of embarrassing. Also Johnson is versatile as ****, can play DM/CM/CAM/LW and is only 28, soon 29.

If Mapp really wants to go, we can arrange a trade.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
I was thinking after seeing Taylor Twellman tweeting that Will Johnson won't come back for Portland, why not sign him ? He is the perfect CM upgrade over Donadel and NRC, is Canadian so you know more people in Montreal will watch Canada games because atm, we have no players representing the country (don't count Lefevre, he is like the 6th CB) and it's kind of embarrassing. Also Johnson is versatile as ****, can play DM/CM/CAM/LW and is only 28, soon 29.

If Mapp really wants to go, we can arrange a trade.

Johnson is a beast in FM 15... so he will work out. My flawless scouting report! :laugh:

No but really, he is very good and exactly what we need

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
Will Johnson has speed, intensity, vision, can distribute well... without taking anything away from Reo and Bernier, i'd take him over any of our current cm. I like Donadel as a #6 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad