Montreal Impact Thread L - L for leglock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutchy

Aug 16, 2003
Montréal, Québec, Ca
I was thinking after seeing Taylor Twellman tweeting that Will Johnson won't come back for Portland, why not sign him ? He is the perfect CM upgrade over Donadel and NRC, is Canadian so you know more people in Montreal will watch Canada games because atm, we have no players representing the country (don't count Lefevre, he is like the 6th CB) and it's kind of embarrassing. Also Johnson is versatile as ****, can play DM/CM/CAM/LW and is only 28, soon 29.

If Mapp really wants to go, we can arrange a trade.

Mapp is a free agent so there's no trade value.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Watch Toronto trying to get him for Bradley..

Thinking about it, they are childhood friends, Bradley plays in Toronto, Johnson is from Toronto... We can still try. How perfect will that look :

Drogba
Piatti-Johnson-Mapp
Jaunadel
Toia-Cabrera-Ciman-Oyongo

Weakest player is Jaunadel in here.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Thinking about it, they are childhood friends, Bradley plays in Toronto, Johnson is from Toronto... We can still try. How perfect will that look :

Drogba
Piatti-Johnson-Mapp
Jaunadel

Who's your missing player?

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009

Drogba
Piatti-Johnson-Mapp
Jaunadel

Drool... but I don't think we will be able to hold onto Mapp.

Drogba
Piatti-Johnson-Duka
The Don - NRC
Toia-Ciman-Cabrera-Oyongo

or

-------Drogba--------
Piatti------------Duka
----Johnson--NRC----
------the Don--------
BestBacklineEver

Bud2790

Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
It really sucks to not have a game to look forward to but I think it'll hit hard on Sunday when the conference finals are on.

Markowicz

Simple Jacques
Feb 27, 2009
Sadly, I don't think Canada is better than any team coming out of Group B, the US, Mexico and Trinidad & Tobago.

We'll probably go to the Hex and finish last there.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions too quickly. If we make the Hex, CMNT's new star players will have had well over a year to bond and create chemistry. You have to understand that we've barely broken the surface of what this team could actually look like. Guys like Hoilett, Larin, Cavalinni (if he ever plays) Aird, Johnson, Hutchison, have never all played together. There's a lot of talent here, and i'd argue more so than even a team like Costa Rica (which was my fave team at the last world cup). Mexico and U.S. are clearly far and away the best teams, but i don't see anybody else being markedly better than us at this point, and especially not if we make the Hex.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
So, will CanMNT get its first victory in latin america since 2004, tonight?

With the recent influx of talent, current momentum and dissaray of the El Salvador team, its looking good.
CanMNT will be playing against El Salvador's C team basically, with that bunch of players getting suspended for life a few years back and the current starters being on strike and all.

There's a lot of talent here, and i'd argue more so than even a team like Costa Rica (which was my fave team at the last world cup). Mexico and U.S. are clearly far and away the best teams, but i don't see anybody else being markedly better than us at this point, and especially not if we make the Hex.

If the Hex comes out like i think it will; USA, Mexico, Panama, Costa Rica, Trinidad and Canada, IMO Canada is the weakest team in there. Dont underestimate Trinidad and Panama those teams can play pretty good and create problems for CanMNTs defence. I think its good that Benito is favoring a defensive style though, he knows they'll need to grind out results if they get to the hex, especially with their weak CBs, it might come down to goal dif. Imagine last Friday's Jakovich and Straith in the Hex... :help:

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
I wouldn't jump to conclusions too quickly. If we make the Hex, CMNT's new star players will have had well over a year to bond and create chemistry. You have to understand that we've barely broken the surface of what this team could actually look like. Guys like Hoilett, Larin, Cavalinni (if he ever plays) Aird, Johnson, Hutchison, have never all played together. There's a lot of talent here, and i'd argue more so than even a team like Costa Rica (which was my fave team at the last world cup). Mexico and U.S. are clearly far and away the best teams, but i don't see anybody else being markedly better than us at this point, and especially not if we make the Hex.

You're right but I still find teams like T&T, Jamaica, Panama and even Haiti play nicer football and seem better at solving defenses.

Edit: based on Gold Cup.

gelu88

Sep 12, 2011
Brossard, QC
A big issue with our program is that we don't play nearly enough important games, not games on home soil.

The biggest benifit of making the hex is 5 more super important home games, which will probably be spread around the country.

That might really increase interest in the national team and catalyze more interest regardless of our performance.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Drool... but I don't think we will be able to hold onto Mapp.

Drogba
Piatti-Johnson-Duka
The Don - NRC
Toia-Ciman-Cabrera-Oyongo

or

-------Drogba--------
Piatti------------Duka
----Johnson--NRC----
------the Don--------
BestBacklineEver

Mapp wants to try out Free Agency I believe.. Anyways, no one seems to be high on Venegas anymore (or even Romero) and then, there's NRC in lineups: that one guy everyone wanted out a few months ago :laugh:

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
anyone have live stream of el salvador/canada/
please and thank yu
i don't have bein sports

forget it. found one

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
Disappointing draw by CanMNT. Larin had a few almosts. Not enough crosses, El Salvador are short, Hoillet kept cutting into the middle, the only cross by canada was almost a goal.
**** Geiger show in 2nd half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • FC Köln vs Freiburg