OT: Montreal Impact Thread - CONCACAF'd

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
I hope this MLS season restarts soon - this corona shit getting out of hands, repetitive and super annoying.

If I didn't have any friends or nobody close to, I would've contracted the virus on purpose to get over with it at this point... I hope they restart training on March 27 and play in Honduras somewhere mid April.
Just an FYI getting and recovering from the virus doesn't grant immunity. There have been people who have contracted it twice.

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
Is anyone else expecting something pretty drastic with the MLS? Maybe a shortened season, ie: only intra conference games (12 home and away, 24 total)

but then again, with the euros and olympics reported to next year, we may have no international breaks this year

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Is anyone else expecting something pretty drastic with the MLS? Maybe a shortened season, ie: only intra conference games (12 home and away, 24 total)

but then again, with the euros and olympics reported to next year, we may have no international breaks this year

Feels like nothing will be normal until late summer

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
TIL Andrew Wenger is doing his MBA with my cousin @ Columbia Business School. Small World. Happy but unsurprised to see Wenger have solid post-MLS ambitions

Reactions: ArtPeur

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
TIL Andrew Wenger is doing his MBA with my cousin @ Columbia Business School. Small World. Happy but unsurprised to see Wenger have solid post-MLS ambitions

I had a friend who, for some reason, thought he should do an MBA at Columbia university and as soon as he graduates big companies will be lining up with a blank check. I tried to temper his expectations.

Fast fwd 5 years and 200k later, he’s working in some place no body wants to work while making less than half of what he thought he’d make and accumulated huge debt. I feel bad for him.

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
are they best buds?
They follow eachother on IG, so I guess you could say they bffs

I had a friend who, for some reason, thought he should do an MBA at Columbia university and as soon as he graduates big companies will be lining up with a blank check. I tried to temper his expectations.

Fast fwd 5 years and 200k later, he’s working in some place no body wants to work while making less than half of what he thought he’d make and accumulated huge debt. I feel bad for him.
Tbh an MBA will get you what you put into it. Lots of networking required, unfortunately lots of people go in thinkin the red carpet automatically gets rolled for ya.. True the carpet is there, but nobody gona roll it out for ya

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal

200k is pretty good... he thought he'd be making more than 400k?

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
It cost him 200k.

He thought he’d be making 500k. He’s making around 150k.

I went to St. John Fisher College, which is pretty small and cheap as far as NY state colleges go, and it still cost me a freaking fortune. I went on a scholarship too, so I was actually partially taken care of financially. The US education system is all sorts of wacked and I can only imagine what an actual Ivy league school like Colombia would cost.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad