OT: Montreal Impact Thread - CONCACAF'd

Status
Not open for further replies.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012

Who do you pick Benzema or Higuain and why ?

This Higuain btw

Not double McChicken Higuain

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I guess I shoulda ask who was better in their prime because we all know who everyone would pick on their team... 2014 WC final, 2015/16 Copa finals, miss against Lyon, miss against Barca damn the most unclutch player ever :laugh:

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Au stade, je vais prendre mon micro. Pis chanter cette chanson là. Qui s'intitule l'IMPACT MONTRÉALAIS:

En avant les gars
Le douzième joueur est là
Mouillez le maillot
Mettez le ballon dans l'filet
90 minutes sans arrêt
C'est l'Impact Montréalais (allez)

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
As a Madrid fan: Benzema. Higuain was such a frustrating player for us. As JP said, such a bottler.
Benzema, but it's close and Higuain was very underrated. Carried some bang average Napoli and Milan sides.

For sure KB is the more popular and appreciated player but I have a feeling GH is the most underrated striker of the 10s because of his crucial misses. He does have the most goals in a season in Serie A with no Kroos or Modric, the hardest league to score in..

To me they are equal, GH had a better peak and was the better one but KB has a better career and more longevity.

My top 5 , Strikers of the 2010s.

1. Suarez
2. Aguero
3. Lewy
4.Higuain
5. Cavani/Benzema

No Bale, CR7 and Leo are not CF to me.

Reactions: JayKing

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
How would you rank Dzeko, Falcao and Auba?

Also I'd have:
Suarez
Lewandowski (due to CL performances and fitness)
Aguero (Love him though. One of my all time favorites)
Benzema
Higuain
Cavani

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
How would you rank Dzeko, Falcao and Auba?

Also I'd have:
Suarez
Lewandowski (due to CL performances and fitness)
Aguero (Love him though. One of my all time favorites)
Benzema
Higuain
Cavani

Dzeko : Good striker, Good size but forgettable. I couldn't even remember he played for Man City or a goal he scored on top of my head that was memorable. Then again I never cared that much for Man city but he was never the 'main guy' iirc. Tevez and Zlatan are both miles better and they haven't been mentioned. Not in top 10 nor 15 tbh. I used to follow Milan closely and I recall he was supposed to go there, he decided to stay at Wolfsburg and then got transfered to Man City.

Radamel : Just unstoppable in his peak where he was 3rd best player in the world but that injury came at the worst possible time and he was never the same. Exact style to Drogba, if it weren't for his injury or his weird move to Monaco (his fav player was Henry) he would've been ahead of Suarez. Sucks he had to miss the '14 WC. Well I Hope he follows Henry again to Montreal :laugh:

Aubameyeng : He never got his chance at Milan and Idk why. But yeah he's in top 10 for sure, this generation's Eto'o. I think he joined PL a few years too late and should've joined Ozil when he was booming 2015? 2016? Something like that.

So basically, IMO

Dzeko = Lesser Zlatan
Radamel = Drogba
Aubamayeng = Eto'o

I don't think we forgot anyone.

Speaking of Ozil.... Round 3

Ozil or James ?

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Ozil was my favourite player when he was at Real. Amazing playmaker. Amazing dribbler. Cristiano and him worked perfectly together. When he left for Arsenal, they became my EPL team (I did not have one before). He became a mostly invisible softy. Still, he dominated the assist column for a while. He gets vilified a lot because he is not perceived as the hardest worker, but he is still mostly a great player.

James? He is a very good player, but he is overrated. Not necessarily a pure 10 and his 2014 WC made him very overrated. He did some good things in Madrid and was part of CL winners.

I take Ozil 100% of the time, but that's mostly a "heart" decision.

Rumcajs

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa
So where do you think Jonathan David is going? Here's hoping Bayern then Arsenal down the road.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
I think he is going to Lyon.
In my opinion he's going to try his hardest to play in the Bundesliga or the EPL. I don't think France is on his radar at all. Although i've been wrong before. There were also reports from quite a reputable source the other day that Barcelona was looking to buy him as well. He'll go where he can play though. Somewhere with close to guaranteed playing time.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
In my opinion he's going to try his hardest to play in the Bundesliga or the EPL. I don't think France is on his radar at all. Although i've been wrong before. There were also reports from quite a reputable source the other day that Barcelona was looking to buy him as well. He'll go where he can play though. Somewhere with close to guaranteed playing time.

Not Barca... nooooooo!

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
Favorite IMFC jersey = ?

Marco-Di-Vaio-in-hero-pose.jpg

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Favorite IMFC song?

This one by Chafiik (one of the Loco Locass rap trio) is pretty good. It's played before every game/half at the Stade Saputo

This one is also played, which is a guitar version of Allez Montréal.

As for chants, my favourite is probably 'Et tous ceux qui sont assis sont torontois'. Every time the choir restarts, it changes. The 2nd time around it's 'Et tous ceux qui chantent pas' and the last it's 'Et tous ceux qui sautent pas'. It's pretty fun because it usually hits right in the feels of the sections next to 132 and you see the people having a sudden surge of pride and stand up because they don't want to be Torontois ;) The ultras always do it twice in a row too to push the button even further.

Aux armes is also pretty cool, we're not nearly as syncro as say Marseille, but I hope one day we got to do it a lot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad