OT: Montreal Impact Thread - CONCACAF'd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Yeah... I'm 'lucky' because I still get to work, but I miss my daily dose of sports talk/news for sure.

Same. But I am spreading out my work or I'll be grabbing my ass by the middle of next week.

I also have to make sure my two employees have stuff to do.

The only positive is that we will have time to write some processes. Nothing existed when I arrived 6 months ago. So I'll have plenty of time to formalize a LOT of things... do market research and make our strategy better. Gotta find that silver lining :laugh:

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
MLS postpones the season by 8 weeks.

unfortunately I would be surprised if we have an MLS season this year. In Canada we may be out of this in 2 months, but in the US the nightmare has not started yet.
Whatever fate lies for the US, we're tied together with them.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal

Depends if we keep the borders closed or not.

In Canada, although the Federal govt reacted late, but with the population we have, and the small number of metro areas, it will be relatively easier to contain.

In the US, I don't understand what they're waiting to lock down the entire country. It will be deadly qite soon in the majority of major cities.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Depends if we keep the borders closed or not.

In Canada, although the Federal govt reacted late, but with the population we have, and the small number of metro areas, it will be relatively easier to contain.

In the US, I don't understand what they're waiting to lock down the entire country. It will be deadly qite soon in the majority of major cities.

I could tell you why, but is is against the site rules ;)

Last edited:

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
MLS postpones the season by 8 weeks. unfortunately I would be surprised if we have an MLS season this year. In Canada we may be out of this in 2 months, but in the US the nightmare has not started yet.
Woah slow down, Its only March. Dont listen to the news spreading false infos and make everyone panic for political propaganda.

No one knows when its peak will hit us. Could be today, tomorrow, next week or month, all depends on how responsible we are for the next few weeks in order to eliminate or slower its spread. Good thing everything is closed and we arent making the mistake Europe made. I predict early-mid April would be the peak. Once again it depends on how everyone is acting.

As for MLS restarting, it will be the first pro league to resume mark my words if there are no reported cases. Individual training will resume in a week, it could be postponed once again but still a good sign as its Something the NHL or especially the NBA could never think of atm.

Safe bet to say MLS will proceed its season behind closed doors for many weeks, then play <2500, <5000, <10000 and so on.

Its affecting everyones businesses including mine, but Ive accepted that things would probably not go back to normal before July at the earliest.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
So with this Corona lockdown has anyone been playing football manager?

I heard it was free for one week but nah worse than crack. I stopped playing after 09. Im watching series, documentaries and reading about the most random stuff everyday. I just finished season 2 of Narcos and now watching a documentary about Israel, Sun Tzu and now about Emperor Haile Selassie I :laugh:

Quarantine got me hella creative.

The beautfy of closed borders and as I said it wont be as bad as everyone thinks it will be. Me on the other hand Im 99.999 percent sure I had the rona back in December so I am immune to all that. I never get sick. I had great uncles and aunts who lived to 90 by only drinking coffee everyday and doing nothing else. I wont leave Earth over some virus :laugh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad