GDT: Montreal Canadiens vs. Arizona Coyotes 2/15/16 9:00pm EST SNE, RDS (HD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

habalifeok

Oct 28, 2013
We've been playing what should've been the easiest stretch of the season and it's been a gongshow. Sadly, I see no reason for it not to continue tonight.

There is no such thing as easiest stretch of of the season. Expansion to 30 teams and introduction of a salary cap has made 2/3 of the teams indistinquishable from one another. From the start of the season to the day you are eliminated from the playoffs every game is a must win. You must win boys even though you have a minor league goaltender starting every night. Find a way to win every game with minor league goal tending. Lets go boys.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
You feel bad when you lose.... And feel empty when you win. That's what it has come down to when watching this team.

I hope I forget that the habs are playing sometime between now and the opening faceoff!

Aspirine

Lateral Move at Best
Sep 21, 2010
Montreal
The draft will be like X-mas! Even if we're out of the top 10, guys like Max Domi will be available. Plus out there are two top 10 "All-American" local boys already groomed by the French-Canadian mass religion to bleed bleu-blanc-rouge like PK Subban does.

What in the world are you trying to say?!

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Hope Tinordi plays and destroys us (figure of speech, not injury-wise of course) so he makes Bergevin look even more stupid.

This is an important game with the fate of the tank in the balance. We can swap into the top 10 with the Coyotes and give them momentum to keep pushing past us.

Tinordi can't destroy the AHL :laugh:

he's trash

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
What in the world are you trying to say?!

I'm saying we'll have our best prospect since Galchenyuk wrapped and gifted this summer. And there's a chance he's already a Habs fan. Whatever people say it counts, drop the calculator and the script. Obviously BPA is best but it's certainly a plus because when you care things happen and you get lucky from creating your own luck. It has to amount to at least a couple of % more. Imagine if Arizona could have been bad enough and drafted Matthews, it would have the same effect, the guy would proudly represent his State. BPA all the way, but if you get a prospect who loves the team already like PK Subban and his involvment it's even better.

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
:m-confused::m-confused::m-confused:Should i cheer for the win or for the tank ?????? i'm confused :m-confused::m-confused::m-confused:

If you really care about this team's future success, you definitely should cheer for the tank.

Easy prediction- DD takes all offensive face offs, plays the most minutes on the PP, has zero shots on net, no points and is a -2.
Habs lose because of inferior goaltending which should have been addressed by MB last summer

And I'm going to make a bold prediction for tonight's game: DD will get at least one shot on goal.

Bugz

Apr 12, 2010
Nantes, France
The draft will be like X-mas! Even if we're out of the top 10, guys like Max Domi will be available. Plus out there are two top 10 "All-American" local boys already groomed by the French-Canadian mass religion to bleed bleu-blanc-rouge like PK Subban does.

Who are those "two top 10 "All-American" local boys already groomed by the French-Canadian mass religion to bleed bleu-blanc-rouge" ?

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Because Gilbert has so much more offense. :help:

Don't forget MT had Dilbert playing the PP just a couple games ago. Emelin use to do in the KHL, but again MT doesn't believe he is an O minded Dman :shakehead

Ever wonder how we keep our mangames injuries down, Perimeter play. Puck at da net.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
I agree 100% if you're talking about guys like Reway in EU or the pathetic handling of Andrighetto & etc.

On the other hand, the mistake on Tinordi wasn't on his development, the mistake was drafting him period. They wanted size, saw a big mean defenceman and picked him even though his offensive upside was zero and his shutdown game wasn't elite. It hurts when you see names like Kuznetsov, Coyle, Faulk, Spooner, Toffoli, Klingberg and Stone afterwards.
Its funny because he was projected as number 4 as his ceiling. I am jst pissed off at how he like many other prospects is not being trained in the AHL. The reason Syl has such crappy win/loss% is because he doesn't have carey price in net, which is the secret to that system working.

All it does is coach creativity and skill out of players and get them to play the obsoluet most basic chip and chase north south game. Unreal we have had this conversation each year for 4 years. And likely be sitting here nashing our teeth with a 7 instead of a 6 on our calenders next year .

At least my impulse to fire bergevin has finally surpassed the coach. If you aren't going to fix things, then you need to step down M. Foxhole.

Bring Bak Damphousse

Fire Bergevin...into the Sun
May 27, 2002
Canada
Don't forget MT had Dilbert playing the PP just a couple games ago. Emelin use to do in the KHL, but again MT doesn't believe he is an O minded Dman :shakehead

Ever wonder how we keep our mangames injuries down, Perimeter play. Puck at da net.

clearly MT is right, I see no evidence of offensive instincts in Emelins game :sarcasm:

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
He's on the second line. Our first line is 27-14-11.

Enough of this, just look at the TOI. He has 1 minutes less than pleks his partner patches, you know our best player and captain had almost the same as pleks.

I guess Patches is leading from the rear. So our second line has our Captain now. Good to know. We know that isn't our best line, but that doesn't make it our second line. Which is first on the roster sheet for lineups? I mean wasn't it you guys saying Chucky was second line center while playing 11-14 minutes a game because he had his name second line on the roster? Please make up your mind on what denotes first second and third line players. Paul Byron was getting 16-18 minutes a night. Now I know he isn't really a top line guy, but he was being used like one, right.

DD had almost as many O zone faceoffs 13-1 as Pleks and eller had total faceoffs. Hmmm strange isn't it

Last edited:

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009

clearly MT is right, I see no evidence of offensive instincts in Emelins game :sarcasm:

Thanks I remember the first year he did look OK on the PP and he had a great first pass. Its exactly why we wanted him coming over. Decent skill and hit like a tracuk 2 or three times a game. Now its two or three times a month. He got benched everytime he threw a hit under coach, "we don't want to rock the boat" therrien

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Perfect game would be Galchenyuk potting 2 more, Beaulieu gets on the scoresheet and the habs lose. Kids play great, vets suck and the rebuild is on

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
No Tinordi to smash DD's face into the boards????

Fine i won't watch then. Have fun boys! Don't forget to grind deez guys!

Kenny Powders

Apr 6, 2005
Laval
I'm praying to the hockey gods Tinordi gets a goal and the game of his life.

Probably too much to ask but would love for him to make Therrien and Bergevin look really bad

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I guess Patches is leading from the rear. So our second line has our Captain now. Good to know. We know that isn't our best line, but that doesn't make it our second line. Which is first on the roster sheet for lineups? I mean wasn't it you guys saying Chucky was second line center while playing 11-14 minutes a game because he had his name second line on the roster?

You know roster sheets don't have lines, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad