GDT: Montreal Canadiens vs. Arizona Coyotes 2/15/16 9:00pm EST SNE, RDS (HD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
really ??? tinordi was given losing conditions

MT MB and the gang are Prospect killers !

has to be the worst organization for player development and the first for carreer stagnation

please...

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
I'm surprised so many posters think that Pateryn is better than Gilbert and Barbario. IMO, Pateryn is a good steady stay at home D, who hits and is aggressive in front of his own net, but he offers little in the way of OFFENSE. I think the NHL is moving towards offensive D. For that reason, Emelin and Pateryn are pretty marginal D. If ypu want to get Pateryn in, you take Emelyn out. Not a mobile D. Pateryn is a great 7-8 D, or 6 against a physically aggressive team.

AnotherHabsFan

Behind Enemy Lines
Jan 16, 2015
New Hampshire
I'm surprised so many posters think that Pateryn is better than Gilbert and Barbario. IMO, Pateryn is a good steady stay at home D, who hits and is aggressive in front of his own net, but he offers little in the way of OFFENSE. I think the NHL is moving towards offensive D. For that reason, Emelin and Pateryn are pretty marginal D. If ypu want to get Pateryn in, you take Emelyn out. Not a mobile D. Pateryn is a great 7-8 D, or 6 against a physically aggressive team.

Pateryn had like 0.4 ppg last year in the playoffs though 7 games. He can bring offense when it counts.

OpenIceHit

Oct 3, 2006
Toronto

Because Gilbert has so much more offense. :help:

Last edited:

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
Wouldn't have to do with us killing prospects would it. We have guys not wanting to come from europe, we have guys sitting in the pressbox, we have Syl playing the same Craptastic style and not developing players, so both the NHL and now our AHL teams are not development leagues. May as well send them down to the ECHL that is the only sure fire route to Therriens heart.

I agree 100% if you're talking about guys like Reway in EU or the pathetic handling of Andrighetto & etc.

On the other hand, the mistake on Tinordi wasn't on his development, the mistake was drafting him period. They wanted size, saw a big mean defenceman and picked him even though his offensive upside was zero and his shutdown game wasn't elite. It hurts when you see names like Kuznetsov, Coyle, Faulk, Spooner, Toffoli, Klingberg and Stone afterwards.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Very nice/original/funny GDTs indeed...very nice.
Definitely appreciated:handclap::nod:

Now...let's hope our Habs lose a lot, so we can select a top 6 pick (Dubois/Juolevi), or at worst...a 7-10 pick (Jost/Chychrun/Sergayechev/Tkachuk).

Seconded times 100.

Without these GDT's I don't even know if the Habs are playing or not. :laugh:

good job donghabs!

At this point, every game seems like a huge mountain to climb for this team. No idea where this one is heading.

Go Habs?

Thank-you-reaction-gif.gif

Thanks guys,

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Easy prediction- DD takes all offensive face offs, plays the most minutes on the PP, has zero shots on net, no points and is a -2.
Habs lose because of inferior goaltending which should have been addressed by MB last summer

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
I agree 100% if you're talking about guys like Reway in EU or the pathetic handling of Andrighetto & etc.

On the other hand, the mistake on Tinordi wasn't on his develpment, the mistake was drafting him period. They wanted size, saw a big mean defenceman and picked him even though his offensive upside was zero and his shutdown game wasn't elite. It hurts when you see names like Kuznetsov, Coyle, Faulk, Spooner, Toffoli, Klingberg and Stone afterwards.
Spooner would have been Galchenyuked under us. Master Michel would make sure he became a better person.

capebretoncanadien

Nov 29, 2008
Easy prediction- DD takes all offensive face offs, plays the most minutes on the PP, has zero shots on net, no points and is a -2.
Habs lose because of inferior goaltending which should have been addressed by MB last summer

Great prediction this sounds like about 25 of our previous games this season.

skipp18

Oct 18, 2006
Montreal
Habs lose 4-1. Coach says were not concentrating. Players frustration continues to grow. GM still backs his coach.
Nothing changes.
DD still playing with 67 next game and still getting prime PP minutes.

Copy and paste this message for the next 5 games.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
We've been playing what should've been the easiest stretch of the season and it's been a gongshow. Sadly, I see no reason for it not to continue tonight.

mattyboy

What Up With That?
Jun 26, 2013
i want habs to lose like 4-3, 5-4 between now and the end of the season...
the die-hard fan in me cant not stop watching, so might as well be entertained at the same time...

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
We have a tough schedule coming up where we will have no chance so might just as well lose this one too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad