Confirmed with Link: Montreal Canadiens re-sign PK Subban!!!!! 2 years/$5.75M

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I think he's sick of hearing about this. Gorges is pretty much the opposite of Subban personality wise, but besides that I think Gorges is the ultimate team before anyone guy and can't stand this focusing on one player thing.

pretty much, watched Markov and DD vids and it's the same, they want to talk hockeym, not contract negociations or anything.

Although I love Markov interviews, starts with "Sorry, we'll talk about tonight's game and tomorrow night game"... haha!

and then, when asked again about PK "he's not in the room yet, we'll talk about when when he'll be in the rooom"

keep it up General!

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
I wouldn't be surprised if this whole "Lets not talk about PK" thing was done by Coach Mike.
Since he said that until PK is part of the team, he doesn't want to talk about him, earlier this season.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Point remains (keep in mind you jumped into a conversation) that PK doesn't need to act like a rookie, or someone that just got traded to a new team. That's just insane. He is neither, nor.

and that's what I'm agreeing to.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
PK will need to keep a lower profile in the room from now on. He should act as if he was a rookie or like a player who just arrive from another team.

I got a feeling that the new coaching staff, the vets players and the new players like Prust and Bouillon will show him tbe way to follow.

Missing two crucial weeks holding out won't make him more popular with his teamates. He has to regain their confidence and respect.

Cole threatens of retirement because the league wants to not pay its fair amount.
Gorges whines about the league being greedy, and how players should be entitled to fair value.
Prust flat out insults Bettman for his position during the lockout.
The NHLPA went through a lockout vs the NHL because they want the league to be fair to them.

All good things they're proud of.

PK holds out because he feels what he is being offered isn't fair -----> Teammates pissed off and lose respect for him.

TOTALLY MAKES SENSE.

PK isn't a rookie nor a new comer. Saying he should act as such based on dumb hearsay or personal interpretation of a few sentences without looking at the context is just freaking dumb. Either that or you just love drama, and look for it where it isn't.

Players are sick of talking about PK. Can't blame them. I would too. The media makes the Mtl Canadiens all about PK. Yet, PK is the one that gets criticized for that.
Fans look at PK not showing up to camp as an insult. PK does it because he didn't want to be an even bigger distraction. Imagine if he was at camp without a contract?? All the media frenzy would have tripled.
Don't encourage the drama BS.

PK will be welcomed on the team.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
"It's good that it's over and done with and it's settled," said Josh Gorges, Subban's defense partner last season and a likely candidate to be paired with him again this season. "We don't have to have these talks in the morning, what if this, what if that. It's over and we can focus on playing hockey."

Just so people get a FULL QUOTE of what Gorges said.

It's obvious he's pissed. But he's pissed about being asked the same damn question every morning.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Yup, team is winning, there's new guys on the team, atmosphere is obviously different, unless P.K. is a dumbass (wich I dont think he is) he'll feel it and adapt to it, like most humans do when in a somewhat new environnement.

Wasn't he the guy that was refusing a contract with one of the GIANTS in sports? As a two year player? Boogeyman is gonna get this sucka.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
There's something I truly hate about the Habs.

Something that will always hinder the Habs.

The media.

I wish I could *****slap every last one of them, cuz that's all they deserve.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
It's amazing how the day after PK signs and states "I don't want to be a distraction..." the next day, all the media can ask the players is what do they think about Subban and his situation now that he's signed. Forget the game tonight, forget the game tomorrow night, screw the fact that the Habs are going in on a three game winning streak, LET'S TALK ABOUT P.K.!

Media, you disappoint as usual.

Kjell Dahlin

Jan 10, 2010
Québec, Québec
Cole threatens of retirement because the league wants to not pay its fair amount.
Gorges whines about the league being greedy, and how players should be entitled to fair value.
Prust flat out insults Bettman for his position during the lockout.
The NHLPA went through a lockout vs the NHL because they want the league to be fair to them.

All good things they're proud of.

PK holds out because he feels what he is being offered isn't fair -----> Teammates pissed off and lose respect for him.

TOTALLY MAKES SENSE.

PK isn't a rookie nor a new comer. Saying he should act as such based on dumb hearsay or personal interpretation of a few sentences without looking at the context is just freaking dumb. Either that or you just love drama, and look for it where it isn't.

Players are sick of talking about PK. Can't blame them. I would too. The media makes the Mtl Canadiens all about PK. Yet, PK is the one that gets criticized for that.
Fans look at PK not showing up to camp as an insult. PK does it because he didn't want to be an even bigger distraction. Imagine if he was at camp without a contract?? All the media frenzy would have tripled.
Don't encourage the drama BS.

PK will be welcomed on the team.

PK will jump (will be jumping? English 101!) in a new organizational culture and, based on his interviews, he fully embraces it.

I somewhat agree with Habtchum here: PK will need to find his way back into the team. Am I worried? Not at all. PK is growing right before our eyes. And Montréal is the perfect place for him to thrive.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
If the team spirit is strong enough, nothing will have to be done from either side (PK or the team) -- The team's spirit would just suck PK in.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
It's amazing how the day after PK signs and states "I don't want to be a distraction..." the next day, all the media can ask the players is what do they think about Subban and his situation now that he's signed. Forget the game tonight, forget the game tomorrow night, screw the fact that the Habs are going in on a three game winning streak, LET'S TALK ABOUT P.K.!

Media, you disappoint as usual.

Yeah, not to mention that the team is near the top of the league in offense, defence, and goaltending, 2 rookies including an 18 year old just cracked the team , a teammate just went down to appendicitis, and the General is back.

Not your typical Tuesday night with the same-old same-old to talk about. This is a start unlike almost all others in recent history.

The differences between the big markets in Toronto and Montreal and the other NHL teams are not so much in the knowledge or so called passion of the fans, it's the dedication to the tuning in to the soap opera surrounding the team. Daily. Hourly. Constantly.

All media driven of course.

belko

Mar 13, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
I'm not surprised they're annoyed, though I'm not entirely sure it's PK specifically.. not the person, anyway.

The rest of the players are probably thinking, "We're playing great right now and all you want to talk about is a guy who hasn't suited up yet this season."

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
PK will jump (will be jumping? English 101!) in a new organizational culture and, based on his interviews, he fully embraces it.

I somewhat agree with Habtchum here: PK will need to find his way back into the team. Am I worried? Not at all. PK is growing right before our eyes. And Montréal is the perfect place for him to thrive.

Learning a new system is one thing. Saying he'll have to work his way up similar to a rookie or new comer to earn respect just because he fought for the same thing his teammates fought for during the lockout is another.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
When I heard Markov, I almost chocked on my lunch. I can't believe how smooth and suave this guy is with the media. :laugh:

thom

Mar 6, 2012
Like I said many times is he a cancer on the team?Only the team members and coaching staff no the answer.But the true remedy is to win and make play-offs and the problems will be ingored

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Like I said many times is he a cancer on the team?Only the team members and coaching staff no the answer.But the true remedy is to win and make play-offs and the problems will be ingored

People really need to stop tossing the word cancer around.

It just proves that sports fans are senseless and unintelligent.

thom

Mar 6, 2012
So political correctness police.Cancer is used to describe a player's charcacter described by team members who dislike a member of a team.When cancer spreads it causes a serious sickness on team.Like I said I think the player being discussed has great talent but he must be very imature

bjac

Jan 16, 2006
After reading/watching the interviews, I didn't sense much resentment towards Subban from his teammates. It was more that the players were frusterated because they are STILL talking about another players contract, instead of the 3 or 4 important stories surrounding the Habs (ie. Markov, the rookies, Price and the good start). No one actually said anything bad about Subban or even directly implied it, yet the media writes what they want.

I understand that some in the change room might feel that Subban went about this process in the wrong way, but its not like they came out and said it to the cameras. What really bugs me is how TSN has spun this story into a negative. Its BS if you ask me. They are spinning this story this way, so they will get hits on their webpage. Through their OWN "inferences" and assumptions they are practically putting words or thoughts into specific players heads (ie. Markov and Gorges). The media is starting to show its true colours again in how it in itself is sometimes detrimental to the health of the hockey team.

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
I have said this before and I will say it again. John Lu is always looking for a controversy. He likes to make stories dramatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad