Confirmed with Link: Montreal Canadiens re-sign PK Subban!!!!! 2 years/$5.75M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Wolf

Jun 14, 2011
Cole threatens of retirement because the league wants to not pay its fair amount.
Gorges whines about the league being greedy, and how players should be entitled to fair value.
Prust flat out insults Bettman for his position during the lockout.
The NHLPA went through a lockout vs the NHL because they want the league to be fair to them.

All good things they're proud of.

PK holds out because he feels what he is being offered isn't fair -----> Teammates pissed off and lose respect for him.

TOTALLY MAKES SENSE.

PK isn't a rookie nor a new comer. Saying he should act as such based on dumb hearsay or personal interpretation of a few sentences without looking at the context is just freaking dumb. Either that or you just love drama, and look for it where it isn't.

Players are sick of talking about PK. Can't blame them. I would too. The media makes the Mtl Canadiens all about PK. Yet, PK is the one that gets criticized for that.
Fans look at PK not showing up to camp as an insult. PK does it because he didn't want to be an even bigger distraction. Imagine if he was at camp without a contract?? All the media frenzy would have tripled.
Don't encourage the drama BS.

PK will be welcomed on the team.

This. Soooo this!

JV

Feb 12, 2003
na
Visit site
The media could go to a dog show and find intrigue. Since people talking about hockey x's and o's is patently absurd, they feel like they're doing something useful when they get the story "behind the scenes", which means intrigue, rumour, innuendo, supposition...what we all refer to elsewhere as gossip. The media is not made up of men, by and large. It is made up of boys in suits who mostly would have been called jock sniffers 40 years ago.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
So political correctness police.Cancer is used to describe a player's charcacter described by team members who dislike a member of a team.When cancer spreads it causes a serious sickness on team.Like I said I think the player being discussed has great talent but he must be very imature

Yes, and then that person dies. Like, real death.

Why don't you just call him the HIV virus? Would love to see you defend the use of that.

bigtimehockeyfan999*

i think tsn is blowing it out of proportion and everything between PK and his teammates will be fine. Do the kings hate doughty? do the stars hate benn? no

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
i think tsn is blowing it out of proportion and everything between PK and his teammates will be fine. Do the kings hate doughty? do the stars hate benn? no

That's their job.

TSN rarely does journalism.

TSN is more about promoting the pop culture of sports.

In other words, next time you watch SportsCentre? Think of it more like Entertainment Tonight.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Oh by the way... since earlier today, people were quoting what Markov/Gorges said, took it as if Subban is a problem and no one likes him. I'm going to paraphrase but Desharnais stated that Subban is a great player but we have to becareful because he hasn't played in a while, but he will integrate into the system, which will just help us. Also stated that the players are still learning the new system, so it will be a bit hard for him. Gorges said the same thing. Erik Cole stated that it's good news and he's glad its over, but just like Gorges and White said, he will have to integrate into the new system.

The D's seemed a bit more pissed like others mentioned, mostly because they've been asked several times the same question day in day out.

It's actually kinda awesome to hear these guys talk about how important the new system is, in and out off the ice. Really goes to show how much things have changed in a few months. Obviously being that their is a new management. I don't think I've ever seen such a overhaul in system quite like this.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007

This. TSN is taking a provocative headline, if you watch the videos there's absolutely none of the underlying cool tones they want you to believe exist.

The team is just focused, thats good. The rest is the soap opera.

heartsabres*

whats with TSN talking about Subban and his teammates not liking him??? Is it because he is black?

thom

Mar 6, 2012
The canadiens have a native who is their best player named price.Now price likes to party but has little effect on him because he is liked by members of club and he shows up at practices and works hard like Lafleur.So I think it has nothing to do with ethnic back ground but more to do with character and immaturity

heartsabres*

The canadiens have a native who is their best player named price.Now price likes to party but has little effect on him because he is liked by members of club and he shows up at practices and works hard like Lafleur.So I think it has nothing to do with ethnic back ground but more to do with character and immaturity

So PK Subban is a punk?

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009

I'm not saying this has anything to do with race..

But I'm really not sure you can relate being native to being black.
I'm sure there are ALOT of people that don't even know Carey Price is native Indian.

heartsabres*

I'm not saying this has anything to do with race..

But I'm really not sure you can relate being native to being black. I'm sure there are ALOT of people that don't even know Carey Price is native Indian.

When he said native I thought he ment native french speaking ahahhaha

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
Yes his teammates think he needs to tone it down a LOT.
On the ice just play your best, off the ice and in the room calm down, speak softly, don't take over any thing. Subban needs to rebuild some bridges and just saying I am sorry does NOT cut it. The boys will be watching to see if PK has learned a lesson and respect the other guys.
You can tell by the answers the team gives on camera that everyone is waiting to see how PK has changed his off ice ways.

PS: Subban should NOT try to infulence the two young kids. Let the captain dictate how the kids will fit in the room.

thom

Mar 6, 2012
I don't know him as a person so I should not judge.But I agree with your answer to your question.But maturity can lead a person from being a punk but time will tell

Kjell Dahlin

Jan 10, 2010
Québec, Québec
Learning a new system is one thing. Saying he'll have to work his way up similar to a rookie or new comer to earn respect just because he fought for the same thing his teammates fought for during the lockout is another.

Let me put it in another way: under Therrien if Subban is not fighting hard for loose pucks, not standing up for his teammates and/or not willing to stand his ground, he will have a hard time. He needs to acknowledge and integrate the new culture in Habs land.

That’s what I meant when I wrote "... I somewhat agree with Habtchum here: PK will need to find his way back into the team...".

Again: am I worried? Not at all. PK is growing right before our eyes. And Montréal is the perfect place for him to thrive.

PS I am more critical than you vs Pk but, I think, I also have more confidence in him than you.

Last edited:

thom

Mar 6, 2012
Price's mother was a chief in one of the reserves in Bc and yes I'm very familar with natives because one is a close friend of the family who had a tour of duty in Afganistan and his family is located in the shuswap tribe in Kamloops.So please don't talk to me what it is to be black when in canada we have treated our indians like crap.God Bless Price and his mom the chief

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Price's mother was a chief in one of the reserves in Bc and yes I'm very familar with natives because one is a close friend of the family who had a tour of duty in Afganistan and his family is located in the shuswap tribe in Kamloops.So please don't talk to me what it is to be black when in canada we have treated our indians like crap.God Bless Price and his mom the chief

Lol. Lolololol.

Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.

"Some of my best friends are black, so, trust me, I know racism." - said every closet racist ever.

thom

Mar 6, 2012
Can't stand the truth.Every one is a racist except you time for you to get a good night sleep

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Yes his teammates think he needs to tone it down a LOT.
On the ice just play your best, off the ice and in the room calm down, speak softly, don't take over any thing. Subban needs to rebuild some bridges and just saying I am sorry does NOT cut it. The boys will be watching to see if PK has learned a lesson and respect the other guys.
You can tell by the answers the team gives on camera that everyone is waiting to see how PK has changed his off ice ways.

PS: Subban should NOT try to infulence the two young kids. Let the captain dictate how the kids will fit in the room.

The NHL needs to be the most boring sport in North America because?

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
Cole threatens of retirement because the league wants to not pay its fair amount.
Gorges whines about the league being greedy, and how players should be entitled to fair value.
Prust flat out insults Bettman for his position during the lockout.
The NHLPA went through a lockout vs the NHL because they want the league to be fair to them.

All good things they're proud of.

PK holds out because he feels what he is being offered isn't fair -----> Teammates pissed off and lose respect for him.

TOTALLY MAKES SENSE.

- Kriss E rants about how greedy and selfish players are being and how they should be happy just to be playing the game for a living and how they should get paid like everyone else.

- Kriss E fully supports PK holding his own team over a barrel when he fully knows how tight against the cap the team is.

MAKES TOTAL SENSE!

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009

Yes I know about Price and his native origins. Thanks though.

I don't want to continue this because its going off-topic. But if you think being black and being native Indian deal with the same type of racial discrimination in the world, than that is your opinion. I just disagree 100% completlely. I am neither of those two nor do I know any native indians personally. But as far as history is concerned.. I disagree with your statement.

- Ontopic, win or loss.. it's going to be sad that 70% of L'Antichambre and Le Match will be focused on PK Subbans and the players comments. Likely wont watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->