Confirmed with Link: Montreal Canadiens re-sign PK Subban!!!!! 2 years/$5.75M

Status
Not open for further replies.

PricePkPatch*

As if you don't know. I've got my eyes on you.

im-watching-you.jpg

I swear to you, I was a perfect gentleman!!

And I already explained to you guys that the strippers were sent ACCIDENTALLY at his house. It was an address mixup!

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
PK will need to keep a lower profile in the room from now on. He should act as if he was a rookie or like a player who just arrive from another team.

That would make absolutely no sense since he is neither a rookie, nor a player who just arrived from another team. People need to stop trying to change Subban. Like Gill said, let PK be PK, it's what makes him great.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
http://www.985sports.ca/hockey/nouvelles/michel-therrien-une-excellente-nouvelle-204435.html

Would you think that Gorges and Markov will be bothered if Price or Plekanec come back with the team ? Weeks ago, didn't Gionta seem bit pissed off when someone asked about PK ?
I'm pretty sure that PK isn't liked much in the locker room.

First off.. forget about Markov. Markov rarely ever says his real opinion, and the phrase he used is VERY vague in information about the locker room situation

Lets say it's not PK Subban. It's Player A.

When you keep getting asked day in and day out about ONE player while you are playing during the regular season... IT KINDA gets annoying, you get pissed because Player A isn't part of the team yet, but he's a star, and yet you're playing hockey and winning.. yet anyone keeps talking about is Player A. It's as if the media is saying that he is THE TEAM.

Price and Pleks were signed in the off-season, didn't hold out either. So the comparison isn't that good.

It's a team game isnt it. Kinda gets annoying to be asked everyday about a guy who is not playing.. and you're winning.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
That would make absolutely no sense since he is neither a rookie, nor a player who just arrived from another team. People need to stop trying to change Subban. Like Gill said, let PK be PK, it's what makes him great.

huh, what makes players great (subban or someone else) is on ice performances... what happens in the locker room doesnt change that.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
Does PK's contract means the Habs will now have 2 d-men in the stands every night + 1 forward?

I think there will be a move pretty soon. My bet is Weber gets trade for a 4th round draft pick.

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
huh, what makes players great (subban or someone else) is on ice performances... what happens in the locker room doesnt change that.

Yeah, so people should stop trying to change him. Some people have a warped perception of PK, and that's fine, but I doubt the guys in the locker room will hold his contract dispute against him. They obviously know it's business (like Gionta said, they are pros), and if they do hold it against him they are being short sighted. PK signed below market value, considering his production and on ice play in the last two years.

But Gill was referring to his personality. It doesn't need changing. Let PK be PK. If people constantly perceive him in a negative light for every single thing he does, that's their problem. They are the ones who need to grow up for judging a person on things they cannot possibly know.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
PK will need to keep a lower profile in the room from now on. He should act as if he was a rookie or like a player who just arrive from another team.

I got a feeling that the new coaching staff, the vets players and the new players like Prust and Bouillon will show him tbe way to follow.

Missing two crucial weeks holding out won't make him more popular with his teamates. He has to regain their confidence and respect.

Wha? Sorry, did I miss something? Did he sleep with someones wife? Or daughter? What did he do to make everyone hate him so much?

Jay Wolf

Jun 14, 2011
Seems to me the last time half the media in this town fixated on a player's "off-ice demeanor" and were content to bash him incessantly, that player was Carey Price. Apparently Price had personality issues as well and didn't get along with certain veteran players and "rubbed people the wrong way". Maybe PK - like Carey - needs a little time to adjust to being a star. I know... it sounds crazy, right?

At what point do we abandon the so-called "expert opinions" of some of these vile wretches in the media who ignore logic and common sense for the mere prize of attracting more dumb fans to their newspapers/blogs/sites/tv shows?

Let's stop being dumb fans!

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Terrific job by the Habs gm. He got Subban at a very team friendly price, despite what must have been a lot of pressure from fans and media.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Yeah, so people should stop trying to change him. Some people have a warped perception of PK, and that's fine, but I doubt the guys in the locker room will hold his contract dispute against him. They obviously know it's business (like Gionta said, they are pros), and if they do hold it against him they are being short sighted. PK signed below market value, considering his production and on ice play in the last two years.

But Gill was referring to his personality. It doesn't need changing. Let PK be PK. If people constantly perceive him in a negative light for every single thing he does, that's their problem. They are the ones who need to grow up for judging a person on things they cannot possibly know.

Yup, team is winning, there's new guys on the team, atmosphere is obviously different, unless P.K. is a dumbass (wich I dont think he is) he'll feel it and adapt to it, like most humans do when in a somewhat new environnement.

TheGoalJudge

Feb 12, 2007
And our quest to drive another great player out of this city begins.

A witch hunt against probably the last guy you'd expect to have these problems that they're manufacturing. It's almost like we're upping the degree of difficulty on our BS creation.

Such a joke and a shame.

Habtchum*

Wha? Sorry, did I miss something? Did he sleep with someones wife? Or daughter? What did he do to make everyone hate him so much?

It's not a matter of HATE (overly misused on this board) but a matter of respect.

If all the medias and his teamates were wrong and discriminatory, PK and his agent would had sued them since a long time. And if he thinks he is so badly treated in Montreal, don't you think he would have re-sign with the club ?

PK has a tremendous bubbling personnality, no doubt. Good for him, he,s gonna make lots of $$ outside hockey in adertisement. But he has two faces: one for the media, one for his own teamates.

We can love him as a player. But we can question his behaviour if we want. We are the ones paying his salary after all.

Kjell Dahlin

Jan 10, 2010
Québec, Québec
Seems to me the last time half the media in this town fixated on a player's "off-ice demeanor" and were content to bash him incessantly, that player was Carey Price. Apparently Price had personality issues as well and didn't get along with certain veteran players and "rubbed people the wrong way". Maybe PK - like Carey - needs a little time to adjust to being a star. I know... it sounds crazy, right?

At what point do we abandon the so-called "expert opinions" of some of these vile wretches in the media who ignore logic and common sense for the mere prize of attracting more dumb fans to their newspapers/blogs/sites/tv shows?

Let's stop being dumb fans!

The same thing happened when Latendresse did TV shows. No big deal imo... heck if you remove the “craziness†of fans (and the result: media) from Montreal and Toronto, the NHL would cease to exist within 5 years!

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Havent been on the boards much,isnt Brian Savage still on, if no, what happened.

read the Brian Savage thread, it will become clear. The guy was stalked into hiding, truly giving insight into why some athletes shy away from exposing themselves to idiots.

Habtchum*

Except he doesn't.

Have you listened to his words ?

Yesterday nite, folks here (the Subbans blind lovers) were bashing Carbonneau.

What they did not say is that it was PJ Stock who first condemned the low five show between PK and Price. He answered Langevin's answer by clapping his hands , but PJ is not that fluent in French and Carbo just verbalize what PJ meant (Carbo was of the same opinion than PJ). It lasted no more than 10 seconds in the show, and people were calling Carbo a racist. Why not PJ, too ?

So get off your high horses, and take off your rosy glasses for once.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
I like how people think the players in the locker room won't welcome PK's return. They're all professionals. They can't blame another player for wanting more money. And they tend to not want to know about other player's contract negotiations, simply because it's none of their business and they don't want others involved when they're negotiating.

Strongly doubt all this talk about the players not welcoming PK back.

Imo, the media is making it a distraction for them. And they rather answer other questions just because of how many times they've been asked to comment.

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
Yup, team is winning, there's new guys on the team, atmosphere is obviously different, unless P.K. is a dumbass (wich I dont think he is) he'll feel it and adapt to it, like most humans do when in a somewhat new environnement.

Point remains (keep in mind you jumped into a conversation) that PK doesn't need to act like a rookie, or someone that just got traded to a new team. That's just insane. He is neither, nor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad