Confirmed with Link: Montreal Canadiens re-sign PK Subban!!!!! 2 years/$5.75M

Status
Not open for further replies.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Watching L'Antichambre last night (first mistake, I know), but it basically seems like they all want P.K. to fail. When Francois Gagnon is the only sane voice in the room, you know something's wrong. Which reminds, I'm very glad the Habs didn't hire Vincent Damphousse, the guy just seems bitter and vindictive.

LeMAD

Mar 1, 2006
Montreal
lemad.freehostia.com
It's like if every player on the team had no respect for Subban. I get that Markov is Markov, but when it comes from Gionta or Gorges, there's a problem.

I usually don't like to speculate about these kinds of things because we don't know what's happening in the room, but it seems pretty clear there's a real problem.

I like Subban as a player, but even if he was a superstar (and he's not), the team is more important than any player.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Price's mother was a chief in one of the reserves in Bc and yes I'm very familar with natives because one is a close friend of the family who had a tour of duty in Afganistan and his family is located in the shuswap tribe in Kamloops.So please don't talk to me what it is to be black when in canada we have treated our indians like crap.God Bless Price and his mom the chief
just to nitpick...his mom was not a chief...I live in Anahim Lake so I would know since that is where she lived before Price bought her a mansion in Vancouver.

thom

Mar 6, 2012
Wrong she was a chief and for saying natives have not suffered racism is criminal when most of the natives between 1625 and 1875 were denied human rights many were killed by white military units.Children of native parents were taken away by police and put into institutions and sexualy assulted.This happened in the early 1900's.And to this day canada's 600 tribes are being treated as bad as any black man in Alabama

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Watching L'Antichambre last night (first mistake, I know), but it basically seems like they all want P.K. to fail. When Francois Gagnon is the only sane voice in the room, you know something's wrong. Which reminds, I'm very glad the Habs didn't hire Vincent Damphousse, the guy just seems bitter and vindictive.

That just seems to come with the territory when you are on AC.

Wrong she was a chief and for saying natives have not suffered racism is criminal when most of the natives between 1625 and 1875 were denied human rights many were killed by white military units.Children of native parents were taken away by police and put into institutions and sexualy assulted.This happened in the early 1900's.And to this day canada's 600 tribes are being treated as bad as any black man in Alabama

Just look at the Idle No More movement - racism against natives is still a huge problem in Canada.

But it's different when it comes to someone like Price, because most people don't even know about Price's first nations heritage. Unlike say, Tootoo, Price doesn't really practice many traditions as far as I know, and while his mother was a chief, he wasn't raised on a reservation (though he grew up near one). It's a part of his heritage, but like a lot of mixed native hockey players, it's something only fans really know about.

We actually have two players of indigenous ancestry; Bouque is métis (hence the French name) and has done a lot of off-ice work for Albertan native communities. Wonder if Price and Bourque have discussed doing any charitable work together, it would be good to see the organization represented in such a way.

Last edited:

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
and for saying natives have not suffered racism is criminal when most of the natives between 1625 and 1875 were denied human rights many were killed by white military units.Children of native parents were taken away by police and put into institutions and sexualy assulted.This happened in the early 1900's.And to this day canada's 600 tribes are being treated as bad as any black man in Alabama

It's not criminal, it's misinformed. Educate more, criticize less.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009

Please quote me where I said NEVER received any racism.
Personally feel that on a level, they aren't treated the same in the public eye. Never said native Indians have faced racial discrimination. Thanks for the history lesson though [actually meant that]

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
It's like if every player on the team had no respect for Subban. I get that Markov is Markov, but when it comes from Gionta or Gorges, there's a problem.

I usually don't like to speculate about these kinds of things because we don't know what's happening in the room, but it seems pretty clear there's a real problem.

I like Subban as a player, but even if he was a superstar (and he's not), the team is more important than any player.
It seems the gang are wanting PK to mature...hopefully he will....also there is alot of envy from the gang because the guy is so popular, some of the guys on the team seem like they are envious of PK's media stardom...

It was OK for them to band together to take part in a lockout, but not OK for PK to holdout...:help:? Not sure what kind of message a guy like Gorges is sending??

Apr 28, 2010
i think tsn is blowing it out of proportion and everything between PK and his teammates will be fine. Do the kings hate doughty? do the stars hate benn? no

Omg. I was going to say the same thing. Its like TSN's implying that PK is a locker room cancer or that the players really dont like him. And who the hell is expecting cheers and high fives from them?

Thats our job, as fans, not the players' lol.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
As far as I know, she was.
Lynda, is chief of the Ulkatcho First Nation, the first woman elected to the Union of British Columbia Indian Chiefs.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?section=magazine&id=3836512
hmm stand corrected, guess I listened to the wrong people here. I police, so the people I deal with are not exactly the reliable ones! His gramma still lives here, and to be honest, cant believe someone from here grew up to be an NHL player, let alone a really good one...if you guys could see this place, you would be just as shocked. Good for him.

thom

Mar 6, 2012
I'm sorry for any negative comments toward any one but since I know some natives I understand what some have gone through I will not discuss this and I hope we can discuss hockey on ice thank-you

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
It seems the gang are wanting PK to mature...hopefully he will....also there is alot of envy from the gang because the guy is so popular, some of the guys on the team seem like they are envious of PK's media stardom...

It was OK for them to band together to take part in a lockout, but not OK for PK to holdout...:help:? Not sure what kind of message a guy like Gorges is sending??

I doubt it's envy, but when all anybody wants to talk about is PK even when he's not around I can understand people getting frustrated (Hopefully it's directed at the media)

I think the following quote from the TSN article is telling
Subban is a gifted player, but teammates roll their eyes sometimes when he draws a crowd of media to his stall and puts on a show. He likes to talk, is often funny and adores the cameras.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
I'm sorry for any negative comments toward any one but since I know some natives I understand what some have gone through I will not discuss this and I hope we can discuss hockey on ice thank-you

Please stop saying "I know some natives" because it doesn't help your case. It really doesn't. What opened my eyes to the Canadian atrocities to the Natives was the Unrepentant documentary by Kevin Annett. You don't have to know Natives to feel for them after that.

Hopefully that ends the derail.

PricePkPatch*

If they are annoyed at anything, it's not Subban's personality. It's at his skill to draw all the attention, even when he's not freakkin' there.

Must be telling that the Camera keep trying to focus on PK, even when he ain't present in the room :laugh:

LeBlondeDemon10

Jul 10, 2010
Canada
For those that want to be educated on Native issues and atrocities in Canada, I would recommend Geoffrey York's book The Dispossessed.

habsfantoronto

Ducks GM
Oct 5, 2006
If these quotes are indeed acurate then it's Gionta's job as captain to welcome PK back into the room. I seriously doubt Gorges leadership ability if he's being quoted properly. If everyone says there's a problem in the room then fix it, don't make it worse. They need to learn how to deflate media induced pressure on that team. Do they understand that chemistry is important for winning? Just go out for a beer, say sorry, and play ****ing hockey.:nod:

Picaroon

Apr 6, 2008
New Brunswick
Definitely think this PK locker room stuff is blown waaaay out of proportion. But, if there is some bad blood there then I have complete faith that it will be resolved. The team seems much more tight knit than the past few years with Martin. The guy was just a downer and didn't promote the "team first" philosophy like Therrien does.
Worst case scenario and PK is a problem, it should be very very easy to trade him with this new contract (teams will line up for him no doubt in my mind). I think that may be the root of this 2 year contract. They want to make sure PK fits with this team. It has nothing to do with his ability.
Anyways PK has excelled at improving his flaws on the ice and I believe he has the will to change off the ice if need be. But for now, let's see this guy finally play some hockey!!

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Fitting compromise. I suppose P.K might have accepted the shorter term due to an appeal to Brian Campbell's contract plus the 10 percent cap inflation that happens every year.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
The players are clearly sick of answering questions about a player that has not helped the team get off to such a great start. Therrien has these guys embracing the team first concept and it is clearly working, it is refreshing to see from the habs.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
The players are clearly sick of answering questions about a player that has not helped the team get off to such a great start. Therrien has these guys embracing the team first concept and it is clearly working, it is refreshing to see from the habs.

I've been stating this all day. It's pretty much the idea. Gorges stated the same thing - paraphrasing, but he stated that they keep getting asked the same questions about ONE player, when this is a TEAM.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Please stop saying "I know some natives" because it doesn't help your case. It really doesn't. What opened my eyes to the Canadian atrocities to the Natives was the Unrepentant documentary by Kevin Annett. You don't have to know Natives to feel for them after that.

Hopefully that ends the derail.

The fact that our constitution still sees Natives as property and a responsibility of the Federal government should say enough about how archaic we still are.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
The fact that our constitution still sees Natives as property and a responsibility of the Federal government should say enough about how archaic we still are.

This thread has officially derailed... :laugh:

WTF is the link with Subbidou?

Anyway, low ball is in, I'm ready to see him go one way or another. In 2 years, the club will elect arbitration right away like they did for Price right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->