HF Habs: Montreal Canadiens Draft (#3, #35, #38, #56, #62, #66, #97, #102, #122 & #128)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
as Trevor T said today when he talked about the players Habs potentially draft at 3.....Zadina Brady Kota

"the rest is above and beyond me" - Trevor Timmins

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Still haven't found what TT said about Zadina. But they just played a small clip and he said that they have him on their draft board as a scoring winger and are evaluating him as an scoring winger asset. But he said that it's above and beyond him in referring to himself as making the final choice.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Still haven't found what TT said about Zadina. But they just played a small clip and he said that they have him on their draft board as a scoring winger and are evaluating him as an scoring winger asset. But he said that it's above and beyond him in referring to himself as making the final choice.

and that's what caught my ear.....lol

and"the rest is above and beyond me"

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
Not so funny thing is, I don't want ROR acquired for players, either. Just don't want that direction taken (but it's the one MB will opt for).

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Looks like we can safely assume Hughes isn't the pick at 3. Although some were convinced he was never a consideration. I was one who thought he was an option.

Reactions: Redux91

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
In the end, the safest pick would be Zadina based on how much a consensus he is. The best high risk high reward is Kotkaniemi, as some people might hate the ACL surgery, and might not believe the hype coming hard, but the Bergevin type of pick is Tkachuk. You know..truculence, hard to play against and bla-bla-bla.

Really can't wait about the draft now even more. I'm really eager to know if Timmins was just full of it...or extremely honest. The way he was drooling over Kotkaniemi, it wasn't even hidden. Compared to the others...there were no comparison. But most imprtantly, the way he kinda downplayed the bloodlines, for Tkachuk, when we ALL KNOW it's extremely important to him.....really can't wait to know if he really changed his mind......

Reactions: dralaf

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
In the end, the safest pick would be Zadina based on how much a consensus he is. The best high risk high reward is Kotkaniemi, as some people might hate the ACL surgery, and might not believe the hype coming hard, but the Bergevin type of pick is Tkachuk. You know..truculence, hard to play against and bla-bla-bla.

Really can't wait about the draft now even more. I'm really eager to know if Timmins was just full of it...or extremely honest. The way he was drooling over Kotkaniemi, it wasn't even hidden. Compared to the others...there were no comparison. But most imprtantly, the way he kinda downplayed the bloodlines, for Tkachuk, when we ALL KNOW it's extremely important to him.....really can't wait to know if he really changed his mind......
In truth, I don't know how important bloodlines are to Timmins, or if they're important to him at all. But I do know that they're important to his boss, who can't shut up about them. He used the "B" word to describe Domi over the weekend and if they take Tkachuk you'll be hearing about "bloodlines" all summer long like the player in question was a racehorse or something.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Reading that scouts believe there’s 50 1st round caliber players in this draft makes me ecstatic to think about what this draft can do for our prospect pool.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
From Eric Engels of Sportsnet today.

Canadiens' Bergevin keeping all options open ahead of NHL Draft - Sportsnet.ca

This is the picture that was included in the link for this Engels article that I saw on the MSN webpage.. That look though. :laugh:

AAyVfIZ.img

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Honestly, as of now, drafting Kotkaniemi third overall as a bad skater and already an ACL surgery is a big risk i'm not willing to take even though Timmins said it was an non-issue. That freaking surgery is like the Tommy John of the NHL. Hard to come back 100% and even harder to be faster/stronger than before..

A center in the NHL needs to have speed in his tools, if not, he's gonna be like McCarron chasing the play, always late.

High risk high reward for Kotkaniemi now with that info. Not willing to roll the dices with him at third now..

Reactions: Laurentide
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad