HF Habs: Montreal Canadiens Draft (#3, #35, #38, #56, #62, #66, #97, #102, #122 & #128)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lauzon19

Sep 25, 2016
Gatineau, Qc
NHL draft: Is Filip Forsberg Habs' new power forward?

PAT HICKEY, The Gazette 06/20 /2012

NHL draft: Is Filip Forsberg Habs' new power forward?

Canadiens scouting guru Trevor Timmins was on hand to watch Forsberg in those international events and also travelled to Leksand to meet the young player and his family on their home turf. Timmins puts a lot of stock in these visits and describes Forsberg as a quality individual from a quality family.

I feel that maybe he learned from this experience and now he's going for the player that he really wants no matter what the official list looks like.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
So we will know how much fake that love was.....'Cause out of everybody he talked about...our pick is CLEARLY Kotkaniemi. So...smoke screen? Or a sign that this franchise will start to be more open? We will know Friday.

I think its a lure directly to Carolina's organisation. With Bobby Mac and others now giving more credit to Kotkaniemi and beting odds in favor of Kotkaniemi at #3, I think Timmins play his hands and try to convince them that they have a shot to a 1st center. Then, maybe the Canes could consider to draft Kotkaniemi over Svechnikov

Reactions: lauzon19

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I think its a lure directly to Carolina's organisation. With Bobby Mac and others now giving more credit to Kotkaniemi and beting odds in favor of Kotkaniemi at #3, I think Timmins play his hands and try to convince them that they have a shot to a 1st center. Then, maybe the Canes could consider to draft Kotkaniemi over Svechnikov

no way Jose,..,.no chance.....

AND if Montreal had 2nd and Canes had 3rd..the Canes would not draft Kotkaniemi

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Actually, the ACL surgery of Kotkaniemi is scaring me... Galchenyuk had the same thing and then he never developped the next gear to be more succesful in the NHL.

Kotkaniemi is a worst skaters than Chucky right now... in this new nhl that's a big red flag for me.. Espicially for Center. Look at big mac speed always behind has centerman.

Reactions: Luigi Habs

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
Canes just had to go and muck things up.

Picking No. 2, we'd be able to focus on Round 2 and not sweat the BT possibility...figures...

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I feel that maybe he learned from this experience and now he's going for the player that he really wants no matter what the official list looks like.

learned?

Forsberg was ranked 3rd overall
Gally27 was ranked 5th...

This year ..Kota is ranked 5th....
If they go draft the 5th ranked Kota the centerman again...something as in 2012.....passing over 3 to get 5...

what are they learning?

Reactions: Hannibal

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
learned?

Forsberg was ranked 3rd overall
Gally27 was ranked 5th...

This year ..Kota is ranked 5th....
If they go draft the 5th ranked Kota the centerman again...something as in 2012.....passing over 3 to get 5...

what are they learning?

So you want Tkachuk.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
I keep going back to what Ray Ferraro said last week: Zadina is the best pure scorer in this draft class, even ahead of Svetchnikov in that area. To me, if you're a team that struggles to score, you go with Zadina because scoring goals is a skill that cannot be taught. You're either born with it or you're not. Kotkaniemi may be the best center in the draft but this is a weak draft year in general and weak for centers in particular. So why take a reach for a guy who, in a stronger draft year, wouldn't even be a top 10 pick?

For me, if it's a choice between an ability to score goals on one side, and "intangibles" on the other, I'm taking goals every day of the week and twice on a Sunday. Don't draft a position, don't draft an intangible. Draft talent.

Reactions: dralaf

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
Would it shock anyone if MB did trade the 3rd overall for O'Reilly and even added to it. If this happens MB is just trying to save his job and saying **** it to the future.

Buffalo probably has wormed our 3rd rounder so far, but are holding out for 35 and 38.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad