HF Habs: Montreal Canadiens Draft (#3, #35, #38, #56, #62, #66, #97, #102, #122 & #128)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Looks good, doesn't he?

DgAMNLJXkAAQNrl.jpg:large

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Hi guys as I mentioned earlier this year my friend is an administrator for the Montreal Canadiens. She said management had their final meeting last week and from their draft board it will be Filip Zadina.

I do not know if Bergevin will be trading for another first round as rumours of him wanting Barrett Hayton. If anything happens it will be on the draft floor.

My friend also mentioned LA GM has been in discussion with Bergevin since the trading deadline so take it for what it’s worth.

I will take the words and 99.9% sure we will be calling Filip Zadina this Friday.

Reactions: Habaneros

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Morgan Rielly and Parayko are more valuable.

Parayko isn't a need here, but overall I imagine both are ranked higher.
Rielly's overrated, he gets exposed. Parayko I'm fine either way, he has 1D potential but he's about the same value right now.

I guess we'll see after Galchenyuk gets his chance at full time C without getting jerked around.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Hi guys as I mentioned earlier this year my friend is an administrator for the Montreal Canadiens. She said management had their final meeting last week and from their draft board it will be Filip Zadina.

I do not know if Bergevin will be trading for another first round as rumours of him wanting Barrett Hayton. If anything happens it will be on the draft floor.

My friend also mentioned LA GM has been in discussion with Bergevin since the trading deadline so take it for what it’s worth.

I will take the words and 99.9% sure we will be calling Filip Zadina this Friday.

thanks Saku...

I dont care if his combine wasnt the best..he puts pucks where they belong....

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007

I kind of doubt that, to be honest, but we'l' see.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

How accurate has she been in the past? I remember reading something else you said she told you.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
How accurate has she been in the past? I remember reading something else you said she told you.
I spoke with a friend of mine who works for sportsnet. Some of the insiders there are saying Montreal will keep the pick and select Brady Tkachuk. Perhaps 90% sure. They aren’t trading the pick because Ottawa is high in Tkachuk as well after the combine. Scouts believe Tkachuk is physically NHL ready. His playmaking ability is underrated.

Poehling and Tkachuk were linemates in the U18.
Sorry, not buying it

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal

ricky-from-trailer-park-boys-knows-what-you-need-to-hear-11.jpg

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I'd take Galchenyuk over Rielly and Parayko.

I really like Galchenyuk (as in he is my favourite player) but Parayko is a beast and should absolutely be worth more.

Rielly on the other hand (outside of Leaf land)...:help:

Gandalf The Habs Fan

Oct 29, 2012
Québec
With the Domi trade and with everything Bergevin said about the attitude, Tkachuk make too much sense now we know they got a lunch together...But It could be a strategy to switch pick with Arizona and get an asset.
Maybe Arizona would like to have Tkachuk so Bergevin is trying to sell them he is gonna take him. So Az pick Tkachuk at 3, Sens pick Zadina and habs get Kotkaniemi, wich was their target.

Last edited:

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
My friend actually DOES work for the Habs (and I can provide irrefutable proof to the mods if needed).

They don't tell the staff anything unless it's need to know (as in, it's your job). And trust me, in his position it would be very helpful for him to know stuff in advance. He will know things at most 30 minutes before the public.

Gandalf The Habs Fan

Oct 29, 2012
Québec
Ive been around looking on your opinion on prospects and a lot of you seems dont really like Tkachuk. Ive seen some highlights of him an he seems very good to me. He is strong, have really good hands. He is great at making plays? So why not Brady?

Last edited:

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017

I’m sure 99.9% she’s correct. However if on the draft floor some team offered a deal you can’t refuse. Well that’s another story.

Today in the radio Pierre McGuire mentioned he knows a team that went hard on Pacioretty at the deadline. I’m wondering if my friend is right about LA.

Also Pierre Lebrun just mentioned that if a trade happens it will be in the draft floor. Keep in mind I posted this about 2 hrs ago so I didn’t just made this up and Lebrun is reporting it just now.

I’m excited about Friday though. Let’s wait and see what happens.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I’m sure 99.9% she’s correct. However if on the draft floor some team offered a deal you can’t refuse. Well that’s another story.

Today in the radio Pierre McGuire mentioned he knows a team that went hard on Pacioretty at the deadline. I’m wondering if my friend is right about LA.

Also Pierre Lebrun just mentioned that if a trade happens it will be in the draft floor. Keep in mind I posted this about 2 hrs ago so I didn’t just made this up and Lebrun is reporting it just now.

I’m excited about Friday though. Let’s wait and see what happens.

We’ll see. Habs org known to be right as a drum.

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
Tkachuk would be a good pick. He has better skills and potential than most are suggesting. I would probably take Kotkiniemi before him for everything he can bring on the ice being a center, but Tkachuk is not far behind him and Dobson. He may never score as many goals as Zadina or Walhstrom but he will bring other elements that can help the team on a regular basis.

It also make a lot of sense for Bergevin, he gets a player that can fit right in and have an impact for the reminder of his career. The kid can pass, control the puck and score while also playing hard along the board and infront of the net. He has a the tools to be a good player and warrant a top 5 selection.

Granted that the Habs may not be the best destination for him (lacking top end talent) but I could see him having success even if we have many left wingers. He could end up 7-9th in points produced in this draft, but with everything he bring it is still good value (if you take into account that some players chosen after will probably produce more than expected). You are getting a type of player that this team has been lacking for years.

It's an interesting option. I wouldn't discard him as fast as some. Yes we need goals and we need an offensive dynamo, but there are no surefire picks that would give us that other thab Svechnikov.

Reactions: Hannibal

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Ive been around looking on your opinion on prospects and a lot of you seems dont really like Tkachuk. Ive seen some highlights of him an he seems very good to me. He is strong, have really good hands. He is great at making plays? So why not Brady?

I am not as down on Tkachuk as most are on this forum because I see a lot of what you do. Big, strong, fast, good skating, decent set of skills. But his ceiling in terms of offensive talent is lower than several of his peers in this draft. We don't need more sandpaper, we need more skill.

Reactions: Tyson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad