HF Habs: Montreal Canadiens Draft (#3, #35, #38, #56, #62, #66, #97, #102, #122 & #128)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
we got Domi now.....never turned our club around....we ended up with 12 overall..

Same could happen this year....take 3rd......in 5 years trade it for 24 th overall...i hope not..but we already seen it ..

We will see, but if we draft Kotkaniemi, I highly doubt it

Reactions: Runner77

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
2013 was not a #3 overall pick
upload_2018-6-19_13-59-54.jpeg

kgboomer

Nov 12, 2014
I've got a feeling they're going to go D with the 3rd overall, one to replace Sergachev Berg sent away.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Reading all over HF and I see many posts saying why don't the Habs just pick the BPA at 3 whenever someone brings up Kotkaniemi as the possible 3rd overall pick. Every team has their own lists and with this draft seemingly wide open after the 2nd pick what's to say that Kotkaniemi isn't the best player available @ 3 on the Habs list. Maybe other teams are this high on the player as well.

A scout polled in Bob McKenzie's final list had Zadina all the way down to 9th on his rankings so there's no concrete answer on who the BPA even is @ 3, 4, 5, 6, etc in a draft this wide open. As long as the Habs get a good player that will have an impact on the team in the near future and for a long time after I'll be happy.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
That means it's the second time they go meet Brady Tkachuk, at least, from what we know.

They interviewed him back at the combine and now this second time in Buffalo again.

Tkachuk-Poehling-Domi could be an interesting line, if it works out.

Draft a centerman in next year draft. Lot more center options and some pretty prettt good one. Tank again please.

Joel Bouchard loves Brady Tkachuk, if you guys care.

Reactions: jaffy27

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I've got a feeling they're going to go D with the 3rd overall, one to replace Sergachev Berg sent away.

Quinn Hughes is the pick. His skating and puck skills are exactly what you want in a top pairing defenseman. That's why I think they'll pick him, that and how good Timmins is at identifying defensemen (usually).

Like, I get the Kotkaniemi thing, and I won't be disappointed if they take him. I just think you have to go higher end skill at #3 no matter the position.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
That means it's the second time they go meet Brady Tkachuk, at least, from what we know.

They interviewed him back at the combine and now this second time in Buffalo again.

Tkachuk-Poehling-Domi could be an interesting line, if it works out.

Draft a centerman in next year draft. Lot more center options and some pretty prettt good one. Tank again please.

Joel Bouchard loves Brady Tkachuk, if you guys care.

the day of the draft...the official Habs twitter tweeted pictures of the 3 Zadina Brady and Shev..,....they made a hand waving gesture to Brady .......only use the eyes icon on Zadina..Schev....to me that said something...lol
Then we find out shortly after Schev a Hurricane lock..Zadina saying Habs not interested ..lol

HI BRADY( wave)

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
If you could 100% guarantee me if we take Kota this year..then get a Kakko next? sign me up........but i got a bad feeling

For me Kakko vs Kota..............Kakko is the guy ....
I don't get this...

Its like saying don't give me MacKinnon because Matthews is better. They are not related to each other.. Kotkaniemi is not Kakko but they are not even for the same draft year... its comparing apple to orange.

Drafting Kotkaniemi does not impact what so ever the possible selection of Kakko.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
the day of the draft...the official Habs twitter tweeted pictures of the 3 Zadina Brady and Shev..,....they made a hand waving gesture to Brady .......only use the eyes icon on Zadina..Schev....to me that said something...lol
Then we find out shortly after Schev a Hurricane lock..Zadina saying Habs not interested ..lol

HI BRADY( wave)
I think you're getting way too "meta" on this. You're trying to deduce who the Habs will draft based on emojis posted by the Habs' twitter guy who I'm guessing knows about as much about who they're drafting as we do.

Reactions: schnapshot

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Drafting purely on how great their names are:

Jett Woo
Justus Annuunen
Blade Jenkins
Kappo Kakko

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I don't get this...

Its like saying don't give me MacKinnon because Matthews is better. They are not related to each other.. Kotkaniemi is not Kakko but they are not even for the same draft year... its comparing apple to orange.

Drafting Kotkaniemi does not impact what so ever the possible selection of Kakko.

I guess what im trying to say is i don't want Kota this year at 3...

If Kakko was there this year and ranked 5th??/ i would say go all in now!!!

If i had to pick one or the other ..i would pick Kakko 10 times out of 10....

and , Kakko will be in the draft next year....but i don't think will get lucky enough to get him...

Last edited:

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
If we had a GM like Julien Bresbois...the players would stand a much better chance...and i would bet the farm we wouldn't be scoring 208 goals a year..looking for character
I like brisebois, but it just sickens me how our options are so bloody limited. Forever playing shorthanded against the rest of the league. But yah he would be infinitely better than the purple pant wearing goofball. We'd actually have a team built on skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad